think this is OK to gravity bong out of [ fittered glass ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceitus

I was able to get this whole series of old chemistry glass from the lab at my university for a ditch price. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, we'll see . I was thinking of making some bongs in case my friends come to the crib for a toke session, using my launchbox with a lot of people is kinda difficult... And I mainly switched to vaping anywayz..

Anyways one of the things I got is this kinda bowl with a fittered glass filter ( the round white plate in the middle ).

007fa33639.jpg

I was planning on using this baby to get some gravity hits, but I'm kind of worried about the filtered glass. It a pretty high quality filter, so i'm sure it would do a great job of filtering out particles, but would tiny pieces of glas also enter ones lungs ?

Anyone with some thoughts on the fritted glass as a filter ?

( wiki : Fritted glass is finely porous glass through which gas or liquid may pass. It is made by sintering together glass particles into a solid but porous body.[4] This porous glass body can be called a frit. Applications in laboratory glassware include use in fritted glass filter items, scrubbers, or spargers. )

Also, the item doesn't seem to be used yet, no marks, stains,... what so ever. But I'd like to give it a rubdown with some cleaning product to make sure all previously used chemicals are washed out. What product should I use ? And can you clean these filters ?

ceitus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom