The worst cable channel....ever!

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm a sucker for cheesy sci-fi movies (esp love the 50's and early 60'), Bowery Boys, Old Time Radio and Bogey movies, so I was rather excited to find I could get The Cult Movie Network for $1.99 a month.

From it's website, it says

All your favourite classics,
a massive catalog of underground cult films
High quality, reliable broadcasting
Nationally exclusive programs.

Well, most of the films (say 9/12 movies shown during a day) were made in the last 6 years; add in a handful of crapumentaries, and 1-2 real movies a week and you've got a steaming pile of shit. Most everything was shot on video, and has poor sound/visual editing.

As of yet, I've not seen a single 'cult' movie on this channel, just very low budget material which doesn't even possess the unintended humor of an Ed Wood film.

Up in 20 minutes is 'Raving Maniacs', in which an alien drug turns partygoers into hideous bloodsuckers. From 2005.

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
LivingInSpin said:
This sounds amazingly similar to what SciFi (now SyFy, :rolleyes: ) has become under NBC.

I get SyFy on grey market satellite and believe me when I say that this channel comes nowhere near SyFy (I miss SG-1, SGA and esp The Dresden Chronicles). If you've ever seen the movie Redneck Zombies, think a lower magnitude than that.

Tom

tdavie,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
tdavie said:
LivingInSpin said:
This sounds amazingly similar to what SciFi (now SyFy, :rolleyes: ) has become under NBC.

I get SyFy on grey market satellite and believe me when I say that this channel comes nowhere near SyFy (I miss SG-1, SGA and esp The Dresden Chronicles). If you've ever seen the movie Redneck Zombies, think a lower magnitude than that.

Tom

I actually like SyFy. I would expect a Cult Movie Channel to have older stuff. Like, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy, The Wolfman, etc.

We decided to get all 10 seasons of SG1 and the SG1 movies. We like it that much. It will never top our Star Trek collection, though. :brow:

I'm glad I can catch Star Trek Enterprise daily on SyFy now. :)

**BTW, NBC has always owned Sci-Fi/SyFy.

Vicki,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Vicki; are you/SO fans of Enterprise? I had very high hopes when it first aired, and till now, still wish it had gone 7 seasons.

Do you like Warehouse 13? Light weight scifi, but quote enjoyable. And Eureka?

Tom

tdavie,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
tdavie said:
Vicki; are you/SO fans of Enterprise? I had very high hopes when it first aired, and till now, still wish it had gone 7 seasons.

Do you like Warehouse 13? Light weight scifi, but quote enjoyable. And Eureka?

Tom

Yes, Enterprise and all Trek. TOS, TNG, Voyager. DS9 was a little too dark for me. The Xindi storyline killed Enterprise.

I like Warehouse 13, Haven, Sanctuary. I LOVE Eureka. They just had a Eureka marathon on SyFy all day Friday. It was a nice little fix until July. I wish they would bring back Stark! Although, I believe Allison belongs with Jack. This new timeline thing is weird, but interesting. I also like James Callis's (BSG) character.

Vicki,

LivingInSpin

NBC always had it, but they actually used to show decent sci-fi, not wrestling. It used to be great. Something changed. There just isn't much sci-fi on the SyFy channel these days.

Remember when they used to play Bab5 every weeknight through the entire series? That was incredible.

LivingInSpin,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
LivingInSpin said:
NBC always had it, but they actually used to show decent sci-fi, not wrestling. It used to be great. Something changed. There just isn't much sci-fi on the SyFy channel these days.

Remember when they used to play Bab5 every weeknight through the entire series? That was incredible.

Yes, I do remember B5 on SyFy, and also on TNT. We decided to get the whole B5 series on DVD too, and the movies. Reason being because I never see B5 reruns on any channel, ever. Haven't seen any for a long time.

Yeah, they changed the name to SyFy so they could air things like wrestling, which I hate. It has no place on SyFy, IMO.

BBC America has a decent science fiction line up in the afternoon.....Doctor Who, X-Files, and Torchwood.

Vicki,

SmokingElectricity

bout to drop my cable altogether. ever since i got a media server, all i do is watch netflix and blu-ray rips off an external.

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom