The suprising cleaning benefits of bison urine

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After reading some scientific studies about bison urine (of all things), it occurred to me that some of the same biological qualities that is inherent in bison urine (that can actually change the way that herds roam and migrate) could have other, more practical uses around the house.

Specifically I wanted to see if the unique PH balance and high nitrogen content of bison urine could assist in cleaning my glass pieces. After quite an ordeal (it’s not as easy to get bison urine as you would think) I managed to procure 5 gallons of bison urine to begin experimenting with.

First I was using the urine to soak my glass, similar to the way PBW can be used but with the advantage of having a nice musky smell. My glass came out perfectly clean after only one 20 minute soak and I found that longer soaks really didn’t seem to have any additional benefit.

The smell however tends to stick around, even after a warm water rinse. I’ve gotten used to the smell by now, so it doesn’t really bother me too much. I mean hell, it’s all natural, right? It is not harmful at all, and can even be consumed orally with no danger to humans.

I then began to use the bison urine in my pieces instead of distilled water to see if it did a better job of keeping my glass clean between soaks. Again, there is a smell associated with the urine, so it may not be for everyone. I found that it added a kind of nutty flavor to the vapor with just a hint of sulfur. I’ve even drank some of the bong urine and it wasn't too bad (I drank it cold... I don't recommend room temperature or warm urine).

I plan on testing out human urine when my bison piss stash is all used up, but I am not sure if human pee will have the same cleaning properties that the bison stuff does. I guess we will see. I’ll keep you all posted!

:peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Wow Stu :o way to take one "for the team" in pursuit of science . . . Just curious though, have you tried "Bison Lite" which is "Bison Natural Draft" with the foam farted off? TIA . . . :peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow Stu :o way to take one "for the team" in pursuit of science . . . Just curious though, have you tried "Bison Lite" which is "Bison Natural Draft" with the foam farted off? TIA . . . :peace:
I've heard good stuff about the bison lite, but the urine mart has been sold out since mid January. Unfortunately planetvape shows it constantly as "out of stock" and they apparently only have one designated "bison urine collector" and he's the same dude that makes the PVHES stems, so he's really busy and has other priorities it seems? :peace:

Any ideas of where I can find some? I may just go procure some myself if I can ever catch my neighbor's bison roaming in my back yard again. :horse:

Stu,
Reactions: t-dub

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Buildozer, your urine probably tests pretty high for THC in any case, no? I bet you'll get some added THC extraction as the vapor will be passing through all your THC-rich piss.

Let us know how it works! :rockon:

when i'm done w/ it i'm gonna evaporate the liquid, collect the extract, and dissolve it in a beer:science: :cheers:

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Wow.. you are a brave man.
Personally, I am too sissy to try all that.. and that's a shame.
I havent learned to completely let go of ego yet but I am working on it.

Keep trying new things Stu!

edit: I'm :rofl:@ how similar our avatar pictures are.
I should add "Buddha loves bud" in my avatar pic :lmao:

keepsake,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow.. you are a brave man.
Personally, I am too sissy to try all that.. and that's a shame.
I havent learned to completely let go of ego yet but I am working on it.

Keep trying new things Stu!

edit: I'm :rofl:@ how similar our avatar pictures are.
I should add "Buddha loves bud" in my avatar pic :lmao:
You should indeed.

You should also check your calendar. :cool:

Stu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
the urine mart has been sold out since mid January. Unfortunately planetvape shows it constantly as "out of stock" and they apparently only have one designated "bison urine collector"
Yeah the "Bison Lite" rep got hurt on the job . . . not sure when he will be back :(

HSIHP

I figured it out at,

"Again, there is a smell associated with the urine, so it may not be for everyone."

Good man Stu, you had me going for quite a while.

HSIHP,
Reactions: Stu

that herb guy

This is why I'm glad I try to read threads thru. I bought this up until 'check your calendar'.

Awesome thread.:rofl:

that herb guy,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'll admit, when I saw the thread title in the list, I knew, and just popped in to say "Yay!" :)

Note: I have raised six teenagers (all grown now)... I'm pretty hard to catch..

Enchantre,

AdmiralAlpacha

Damnit you got me, I got to the very last sentence before I finally grew suspicious and looked at the calendar. Thanks for the laugh!

The recommendation to avoid drinking the urine warm is what did it for me lol

AdmiralAlpacha,

djonkoman

do remember to pay attention to your source, some people are selling rat-urine as bison-urine.
if you can fiund this it should be the real deal:
banner_bison_pu-tix.jpg

Top Bottom