Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
WJhzbFX.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Taking a long weekend camping in Northern Michigan. Real fun campsite with lake and river access but not exactly remote, more of a party spot. Going with a big group, some who have RV's.

The Splinter and the @VapCap are getting the nod. Hard to beat the VC on the water or in the woods. The Splinter is more full proof for sharing and provides excellent battery life. The appearance looks normal to anyone who see's ecigs and mods in use and i really love the one two punch it provides.

Edit. Shit. Wrong thread. Reporting myself.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
When i got my Milaana i was awe struck with how good this vape was. Still think my Milaana is awesome but i can also see a few niggly things that i would change.

1) It eats batterys. A fresh battery always seems best - makes you want to swap regularly.

2) I think i got a v1 cooler Milaana. Could do with being a tad hotter for less preheat.

3) You constantly have to adjust your preheat time as your battery voltage decreases.

Thats why i am so excited about the splinter, if i understand correctly it would eliminate all these issues.

For someone who has one - do they prefer the splinter over the Milaana?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
When i got my Milaana i was awe struck with how good this vape was. Still think my Milaana is awesome but i can also see a few niggly things that i would change.

1) It eats batterys. A fresh battery always seems best - makes you want to swap regularly.

2) I think i got a v1 cooler Milaana. Could do with being a tad hotter for less preheat.

3) You constantly have to adjust your preheat time as your battery voltage decreases.

Thats why i am so excited about the splinter, if i understand correctly it would eliminate all these issues.

For someone who has one - do they prefer the splinter over the Milaana?

The Splinter is way easier to own, more consistent, with more than twice the battery life. Because the Splinter is regulated it really overcomes a lot of the negatives of the Mi.

To be honest i really never use my Mi with the Zion or Splinter as options.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The Splinter is way easier to own, more consistent, with more than twice the battery life. Because the Splinter is regulated it really overcomes a lot of the negatives of the Mi.

To be honest i really never use my Mi with the Zion or Splinter as options.

*way easier to use, not own

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: BigJr48

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
These new box mods have a LOT of options, and I want to learn how to use ALL of them.

1-161022121649253.png

I would certainly rather learn on something like this, than on a tiny & unintuitive lcd screen :tup:

:sherlock:

But after you learn how it works, you'll have to deal with a total battery hog of a mod to run all that software and screen. It's all about Arctic Fox firmware man! I just configure my mods on my laptop and upload that data via USB to my Arctic Fox capable mod. The only thing I change on my mod is temperature depending on what kind of draw I'm going for. For a non temp controllable device like the Splinter, it's going to be even more overkill using a device like the Touch as there really is not much to adjust at all but how many watts you want to fire it with.

grokit

well-worn member
But after you learn how it works, you'll have to deal with a total battery hog of a mod to run all that software and screen. It's all about Arctic Fox firmware man! I just configure my mods on my laptop and upload that data via USB to my Arctic Fox capable mod. The only thing I change on my mod is temperature depending on what kind of draw I'm going for. For a non temp controllable device like the Splinter, it's going to be even more overkill using a device like the Touch as there really is not much to adjust at all but how many watts you want to fire it with.
Yes I get that. But there's a few posts here that mention how the splinter runs just fine on one battery.

The extra 18650 should be able to handle the touchscreen interface just fine, with power to spare :tup:

I will also look into this arctic fox you speak of as I really want to learn this stuff, thanks :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes I get that. But there's a few posts here that mention how the splinter runs just fine on one battery.

The extra 18650 should be able to handle the touchscreen interface just fine, with power to spare :tup:

I will also look into this arctic fox you speak of as I really want to learn this stuff, thanks :)

Arctic Fox allows you to store "profiles" so if you have multiple 510 threaded vaporizers, you don't have to adjust settings every time you change them. If you have multiple devices, it's fantastic! It's also what is used to control the Tubo Evic. Works with Joyetech mods and a few others.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Actually the Tubo uses a custom version of the myevic firmware, since ArticFox is closed source and not modifiable. Unfortunately myevic development stalled so it doesn't support the recent devices (ex: Primo mini etc)

The problem is that AF doesn't drive the fancy OLED/LCD screens nor supports custom hardware/features on the box (it only does the minimal common denominator) I'd forget the gadgets personally.

Alternatively, if you can afford a mod with a DNA chipset, you don't need any custom firmware. Same with mods that have a good TC implementation to begin with (ex: Smoant Knight v2)

But for the Splinter, you only need VW or even VV, no need for any custom firmware either, nothing to configure here apart from the output power.

grokit

well-worn member
Arctic Fox allows you to store "profiles" so if you have multiple 510 threaded vaporizers, you don't have to adjust settings every time you change them. If you have multiple devices, it's fantastic! It's also what is used to control the Tubo Evic. Works with Joyetech mods and a few others.
Weirdly while tesla's touch doesn't seem to offer profiles, their non-touchscreen nano lets you store three of them. The touch is firmware-upgradable though while the nano is not, so maybe with an upgrade the touch will add profiles in the future. Although I think the touch model is already being closed out, so maybe they decided that it needed a hardware update instead. This technology seems to be developing quite rapidly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom