1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Not really, concentrates are concentrated oil glands, so they're much stronger. A full load of mj concentrate is more canabinoids than a almost full load of herb with a portion of concentrate.

They both can taste good or bad, but it's hard to maintain a good taste throughout with herb and get a good xtraction. The herb gets cooked before the concentrate is completely vaporized.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. NAMZUGED

NAMZUGED Member

Great info, thanks!

Yes I’ve found that the dry flower is spent well before the concentrate, leaving a burnt like taste while the concentrate still continues to vaporize.

I’ll try 2 pea sized dabs tonight without flower and see how that does for me.

3. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

@NAMZUGED with the right amount of rosin and herb is really good actually. The pad works better for bigger chunks. You’re right about the herb getting spent quicker but on the flip the rosin can stretch the herb out a little and taste not that bad. Just try to find the right amount because there comes a time it’ll come in handy.

4. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Sending energy to the S&B universe to bless us with a new product; my dream is a tiny "on demand" device,
    ooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm.............

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Myself also. Have the hard one but find the Delta 3D to suit me much better. Cheers

6. Indeed, indeed. When it finally arrives, I'm sure it will be something that will yet again set the standard for what a vaporizer can be and do.

And let's hope they give up their unconscionable fetish for plastic.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  7. HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz Well-Known Member

Does this seem too good to be true?

[link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
  8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Seems so to me.

9. dzoinp

dzoinp Well-Known Member

Of course too good to be true ... it's fake! Do not buy

ps:
    Never buy from an ebay seller with 84% feedback

10. NAMZUGED

NAMZUGED Member

I found my sweet spot.

A layer of flower, topped with a fat piece of wax (about the same diameter as the dosing capsule, and topped off with another layer of flower.

Start at 365 and work up to 385 til spent and boy oh boy, perfect!!

11. Hint #1: This is not simply a Mighty, but a "Sub Two Volcano" Mighty (?!?)
    Hint #2: Ships from China

12. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Purple punch in the Mighty , listening to YelaWolf.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

Click to play YouTube Video

Easywider, Kurtdigglur and HughJundys like this.
  13. arthritisbites

arthritisbites Well-Known Member

Is it normal to get some dark sticky stuff on top of the capsule lid if I’m using the liquid pad? I don’t think I’m putting in an unreasonable amount of concentrate...

LesPlenty, BigJr48 and shredder like this.
  14. NAMZUGED

NAMZUGED Member

Normal seepage with concentrate. My capsules always gets stuck to the screen of the CU.

I found it best to take the capsule out soon after completing the bowl.

Then I’ll wipe it down with an alcohol wipe to clean it.

Easiest to clean it while it’s still warm/hot. A little more tough to clean off after it’s cooled down.

15. wombat24

wombat24 Member

It might not be necessarily to do with using concentrate but with the previously described phenomenon of the vapour condensating as it hits the CU screen and falling onto the cap lid. You might want to consider joining the brother/sisterhood of capsule enthusiasts who eschew the CU screen altogether. You will find your caps will stay pristine. The trade off is that you have to clean out the CU inlet - I do it after every fifth or sixth cap. I find using a microfibre cloth while the unit is warm (not hot) is quick and easy.

16. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

I only use flower, use the capsules exclusively and removed the screen from my CU. I still get 'dark sticky stuff' on top of my capsule lids after several uses. It comes off easy enough with an alcohol wipe.

And yes, important to clean out the CU inlet regularly if you remove the screen.

Just my two cents worth...

cloudsosmoke, Koen, LesPlenty and 4 others like this.
  17. arthritisbites

So interesting, first time I’m hearing of this! I don’t use the CU, I use the sneaky Pete WPA attachment, which does have a screen in it, although not right up against the capsule… Do you think that screen should also be removed?

LesPlenty, BigJr48 and shredder like this.
  18. shredder

The screen isn't needed if your using capsules. Try it each way to see what you prefer. Most go screen less I think.

19. arthritisbites

Next question...Do you remove the liquid pad from the capsule when cleaning Or just soak the whole thing in alcohol and let it dry? Do you think there’s any harm in leaving the liquid pad in, like rust or some other buildup that I’m not thinking of? It’s insanely hard to get those things out for me, if I can just soak them and then let them air dry life would be much easier…

LesPlenty, shredder and triskelion like this.
  20. shredder

I take them out for cleaning. I doubt you could get them as clean without removing them. I use a marble head hat pin from 7th floor that came with a silver surfer to stick in the pad for removal works great. A similar sharp pin or something along hose lines should work as well.

The capsules sans pad I soak in iso. The pads I use pbw on. Pbw will etch the aluminum capsules so that's a no no. Then I rinse well with water and dry before reloading.

21. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

My 3-month-old Mighty now has a screen that is hardly visible, even in the dark...time to send it back? or is there a home fix.:brow:

shredder and BigJr48 like this.
  22. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

shredder likes this.
  23. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I don't know how the problem occurred, the screen just got dimmer and dimmer as the days passed, at first I thought it was just because of using it outdoors as I mainly used it during the day as I mainly used my Tera at night for the harder bong hits I love. Now I am home and using it inside again the problem is getting worse as I have a job to read the display at night, I have to look at it at a great angle to read it.

shredder and BigJr48 like this.
  24. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

@LesPlenty it's time to reach out to Storz&Bickel.

LesPlenty and shredder like this.
  25. shredder

Take off your sun glasses. Your not on vacation no more, jokin bud, lol. I'd get ahold of the mother ship at S and B for further instructions.

LesPlenty and ChooChooCharlie like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors