1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I'm buying a Mighty for the 4/20 celebrations, I want know how many burn-offs is needed to get the unit in pristine condition???

mixchu69 and blackstone like this.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I did one burn-off at max temp with unit sealed.
    Unit was clean and tasted completely neutral after that.
    I was told by a manufacturer once not to do burn-offs with oven open and exposed.
    Reason: The unit's thermostat senses that max temp has not been reached, and coils/rods/heat producers can go above what they were designed to safely use, as the temperature the thermostat was set for can never be reached. The Heaters can be overworked, and damaged.

jupazo, cloudsosmoke, OyVape and 4 others like this.
  3. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

It also says it in the instructions to never operate with the top off, so that's good advice from Vito there. I did a burn off with the top on too.
    It would probably be OK to take the top part off once and just wave your hand to move some air around the bowl (like I did!). I iso wiped mine beforehand too, except for under the screen.

I thought a good idea I heard once is to put some ABV in the bowl or a capsule, in an attempt to absorb any new-ish scents into the ABV, or season the vape a little.

Enjoy your 4/20 present @BigJr48 , there will be a lot of Mightys and other S&B vapes getting full use that day! :leaf:

4. BigJr48

Vitolo and blackstone like this.
  5. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

Yeah one burnoff is enough the mighty has no smell like cheap Chinese vapes

BigJr48 likes this.
  6. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

I guess that would also mean

if you like to heat up to max temp
    and put capsule in after

You should keep the c/u on during heating
    to avoid overworking the heater

BigJr48 and blackstone like this.
  7. dzoinp

dzoinp Well-Known Member

I received this week my second mighty MY1WW:uhoh:6R, directly from S & B Germany
    After 10 craftys and another RMA, I decided to accept the S & B proposal and gave the € 248 for the mighty. I sold my first and bought two craftys to use in rotation.
    This mighty had a very intense smell and for the first time I did 5 burnoff's. After the first session the smell has greatly diminished and has disappeared.
    Anyone know if this serial number is from the last manufactured? The date of manufacture is August 2017 and the packaging has the sticker of 20% more power battery. I am afraid they send the oldest ones to those who pay ONLY:mad: € 248.
    This thing is Big!
    The vibrations before switching off are top. The boost also avoids changing the base temperature.
    I still have a crafty ... it takes 3 minutes to reach 185c and it does 3 sessions. It's almost time for the battery mod:nod:

blackstone and BigJr48 like this.
  8. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

Mine recived Thursday last week is
    MY8xxxxx but I ordered thru Amazon and it was 300€ no smell at all

9. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

This will be the latest version.

blackstone, BigJr48 and dzoinp like this.
  10. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

I put together a newer/updated video on how I clean and maintain the Mighty (and the 4 cooling units)

Click to play YouTube Video

It started as a "quick" dab'n'clean video, not sure how it turned into such a marathon session

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I also got a wax carving set from Amazon and have found it to be one of the most useful, low cost accessory investments I have ever made. :tup::nod::clap:

BigJr48 and MonkeyTime like this.
  12. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

The carving sets are used almost as much as my dental set!

BigJr48 and Baron23 like this.
  13. BigJr48

Thanks Troy for the update!!!

14. Rollingstoned

Rollingstoned Member

420VAPEZONE !!!
    Fuckin beast!
    Love all your videos
    Stay up brotha

ohmygodimsohigh and BigJr48 like this.
  15. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

Nice! I had a nice set of the skilletools at one point but someone walked off with them.
    The ones from Amazon seem just as nice at a fraction of the cost.

analytika and BigJr48 like this.
  16. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

The serial numbers were 'randomized' a couple of years ago, no longer sequential nor do they indicate production date of the unit (except to S&B).
    The 20% sticker is a good indication of a late model Mighty, and some have reported that there's print on the end of the box that gives some idea of production date (at least a range).
    I think you're in good shape, as most here say that buying direct from S&B is one of the main ways to ensure a 'freshly made' product.

17. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

My new Mighty also had an intense smell that took about 10 to 15 burnoffs to go away. I could also taste it after the smell disappeared. I sent it to S and B to get a replacement. Most units don't smell though (including my previous 2 Mightys) so it kind of worried me.

18. rodders83

rodders83 Contemplator of dual Mighty's

Thank you for your message! Please understand that we do not offer a battery service after the warranty period.

Furthermore it is not possible to equip your MIGHTY with the stronger batteries because therefore you need to modify the firmware of your device which is not feasible.

That is what they just told me in Germany i had suspected the battery outside of warranty would be compromised by this and apparantly you can not get the battery changed i thought people here did have them changed? I told them that unless they find a good solution i would be asking my credit card to take a look into getting back the 349 euro because if this is true i was sold a lie.

I sent them the email from before i bought it which i kept alongside the email. And i do not see how they can expect me to pay 249 euro when i feel the battery performance goes down hill. And i wont be sending them a unit in either to pay 249 euro because i think that is what happens they demand the old unit and 249 euro which would be robbery.

mixchu69 and BigJr48 like this.
  19. tdriver

tdriver Well-Known Member

if you are out of warranty, just change them yourself.

20. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Just proudly ordered @Ratchett's V3 water adapter. I've been vaping over 10 years, and have never tried through water, so excited for this. Also, happy that he has finally recouped his initial investment :clap: Now, for some glass...

Ratchett, BigJr48 and blackstone like this.
  21. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

Ive been using my updated mighty with the extended battery life and compared to my old model its a beast! Im soon to be buying a used one and will most like put this beast aside and go to town on the older one, which has the 1 minute shutoff and my version like that was a beast!!lol..their all a beast..that 1 minute doesnt bother me because as long as you hit it its not gonna shut off..but this battery life is well 20 percent better..lol

22. condor020

condor020 Member

is there any contra-indication to use dish-cleaning as said in the manual instead of iso alchool ?

23. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

No just the time you spend on it and use an food safe dishcleaner

BigJr48 and condor020 like this.
  24. condor020

condor020 Member

25. Homefoodhealth

Homefoodhealth Member

New mighty.

Clean oven.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]