The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MGG

Here in the UK prices have recently gone up if anything! Until a week or so ago;
Crafty was £180,
Mighty £220,

Now most places are £220 for Crafty, £280 for Mighty!

I've tried whole nugs vs ground too - ground seems more effective at releasing the goods, but terp flavours may be better whole indeed, as they're released slowly rather than boiling off all in the 1st hit.

I tend to hit at 180° until vapour production tails off, bump up to 195° and repeat, then up to 210° (evenings only) & repeat.

For the most complete releasing of the good stuff, I've actually found a well-packed Dosing Capsule works best. My grind comes out completely uniform & the darkest of browns, no change to draw resistance. Without the dosing capsule, the top of the chamber always seems lighter than the bottom!

Interesting, I never go above 190 on my mighty personally.
A lot of people i've noticed do bump it up and start at a certain temp then graduate to a higher one throughout the session, but
to me I always find the temp that works best for me and just stick with that.

I definitely do agree you get better vapor initially by grinding, but to me the terps boil off very rapidly with fine grind which is the major trade off. (Asides from the convenience of being able to just pop in a nug and vape immediately, which I personally can get white walls on if I run it through a water pipe)

jazmodo

Militant Athiest
each to there own on temps indeed :)

I would assume stopping & starting vaping across 2-3 sessions would be better with whole nugs, I find if i dont take 3-4 hits with the unit off, the residual hit will cook the herb before the next session.

I will have to try whole nugs again!

ElPic

Take my money
This understanding is not correct!
The way it was described to me, dating of warranty would always only apply to your original purchase, effective when you sent that back to them (you first time returned was 'beginning of 2016'), so your warranty in any case would expire 2 years from that date. No reset every time. It 'sets' once, that being upon your first warranty claim.

I was surprised to hear of your case because it's the first that seems to confirm the emails I had from S&B.
I believe this policy contradicts other S&B stated policy of warranty being effective 2 years from date of purchase.

Why not email and ask them to clarify your warranty status and term? And what might it be if you 'gifted' this Mighty to a new owner? After first reply I even asked for confirmation, which they offered.

EDIT; I'll add that I was in US, dealing with S&B America (some of the emails seemed routed through German office) and the policies may be different elsewhere.
Ok so I email Storz & Bickel to know how work the their warranty and if my new Mighty is under warranty!

The email is in French, so I will not paste it here, but it basically said that the warranty start with your original purchase and do Not reset with a RMA.

So they probably replace my faulty Crafty because cracking plastic is a know issue !

S&B America responded to all my email in French, and the last one was answer in less then 2 hours .... on Easter weekend!
I can't complain about customer service.

Jack_72

The more you grind your weed the more the more surface area of the herbs you will get. Therefore you guys are right with your impression: it is logical that ground herbs are more effective (finer = more surface = more efficient).
To enjoy the flavours just begin with lower temperatures :-) !!!

Tbh I have recently purchased a big huge grinder with a crank which doesn't grind so finely but you can grind a big amount at once... I an a lazy fuck too :-).

cloudsosmoke

..if i can get 30 puffs (..say) from a bowl

i will fill up mighty bowl and take 15 puffs at 165c/330f
then quickly dump out into ABV jar
..if this hits enough i stop there..
if i want more - ill do more low temp bowls at 165/330

when i do this - it leaves me much more functional
and because i only took half the puffs the ABV has still half left

i think it changes the proportions of the different goodies
..im still experimenting with this

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Is it weird that I use my Mighty exclusively at a low temp of 173 C (344 F) with dosing caps, medium/fine grind? Not only do I get great flavor at that setting, but the vapor is thick as well. Or is my unit heating up more than displayed?

@Asuwish - this was my first reaction to your post:

oDw2vNv.jpg

But just tried it, and I guess that word doesn't mean what I think it means. I still nudged up to 195C to finish, and got a few more clouds than I normally get when starting at 180C. Wish I had the boost feature in my Mighty, as it would assist my usage pattern.

Welcome to FC, @Asuwish , and thanks for the excuse to do a morning session. As if I ever need an excuse.

Vaporcussion

Is it weird that I use my Mighty exclusively at a low temp of 173 C (344 F) with dosing caps, medium/fine grind? Not only do I get great flavor at that setting, but the vapor is thick as well. Or is my unit heating up more than displayed?

Not weird at all; this is the temp range I start at. You can finish the whole bowl there if you want. But with some strains, a little hotter/dryer is better. #norules

Last edited:

Jack_72

Wouldn't it be soo awesome if there was a mighty festival/club/place where everyone could vape and check out their preferences together and discuss :-)....

Edit: I mean a non virtual place unlike FC of course. Sorry for spamming I just always imagine how great it would be actually being together at the same place when reading your posts:-D.

Bomb33

I mentioned that not too long ago lmao
Would be nice if there was. Probably in Germany lol someone should start one cause I bet you would make a boat load of cash.specially here in canada since it will be legal next spring. In the center of the event there should be a giant mighty with one big ass bowl showering people with vape lol. Keep dreaming

Asuwish

@Asuwish - this was my first reaction to your post:

oDw2vNv.jpg

But just tried it, and I guess that word doesn't mean what I think it means. I still nudged up to 195C to finish, and got a few more clouds than I normally get when starting at 180C. Wish I had the boost feature in my Mighty, as it would assist my usage pattern.

Welcome to FC, @Asuwish , and thanks for the excuse to do a morning session. As if I ever need an excuse.
Thanks!

ElPic

Take my money
So yesterday I change my mind and I remove the Mighty of the classifieds to keep it for myself...
What a Good move...
Never try a mighty before, in my mind it's just a Crafty with bigger size a double batterie life.... but I was wrong! I'm surprised by the smoothness of the vapor coming from that unit, lot smoother than the Crafty IMO. I use the crafty as a daily driver since 2014, and I notice the difference right away after my first hit... smooth and tasty!
The 2 minute timer is also a Big improvement over the 1min of my old Crafty!
Not disappointed at all by my choice!
Only downside I see is the size of that beast... not discrete at all LOL
But I got other unit that will do that job!
I sold my Volcano last year, because desktop unit don't suit my need anymore, that Mighty is the closest thing to a Volcano!
Happy to stay in the S&B family!

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

I just thought about the mighty.

I swiched the screen in the cooling chamber and installed the finer screen.
Now the draw is a little bit less direct but still wiiiiide open.
i dont have to cough that often now.

what about the stuff that can be collected in the cooling chamber.
i see it is no waste but what is it ?
I scratch it out with the arizer air poking tool and put it in my mighty capsules mixed with green.
What is it ?
Plant material that has passed the screen, warmed trichonomes with less thc.
what is know about that "gunk" ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I just thought about the mighty.

I swiched the screen in the cooling chamber and installed the finer screen.
Now the draw is a little bit less direct but still wiiiiide open.
i dont have to cough that often now.

what about the stuff that can be collected in the cooling chamber.
i see it is no waste but what is it ?
I scratch it out with the arizer air poking tool and put it in my mighty capsules mixed with green.
What is it ?
Plant material that has passed the screen, warmed trichonomes with less thc.
what is know about that "gunk" ?
If you use the fine screen on the CU, you filter out the particulate matter that can enter the CU via the larger, coarser screen. What's left is vapor resin....the cooled, congealed, solid version of the vapor bits that stuck to the surface of the CU instead of making it to your lungs. It's like pipe resin except made by vapor, and not smoke, and thus contains minimal particulate matter, unlike smoke resin.

(Interestingly, the Mighty is the only vape I've used that seems to collect a very sticky version of vapor resin, more similar to smoke resin than other vapes IME. No idea why....the stuff that collects in any of my other vapes tends to be a drier, easier-to-remove substance.:2c:)

Mr.Sifter

great answer.
thank you

can we talk about this vapor resin ?
i know it from the air. it collects in the glass stem.
looks more oily in the air stem and also very sticky.

mighty's resin is, like you said, harder and you can roll small "hash resin" balls from it.
i know its no hash but something like it.
havent tried smoking it, I think it will taste terrible.
what do you guys do with it?
wash it away with iso or brewery powder?
collect and reuse it ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
great answer.
thank you

mighty's resin is, like you said, harder and you can roll small "hash resin" balls from it.
collect and reuse it ?
I personally don't reclaim the resin. Many folks do reclaim and vape it.

Roland Blaze

great answer.
thank you

collect and reuse it ?

I use organic cotton, wrap a bit round the end of something and use it to soak the oil up while its still warm. Eventually the cotton becomes saturated with it and then I stuff it into a dosing cap. Tastes different, but not horrible IMO but def has an effect :)

Top Bottom