1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. MGG

MGG Well-Known Member

Interesting, I never go above 190 on my mighty personally.
    A lot of people i've noticed do bump it up and start at a certain temp then graduate to a higher one throughout the session, but
    to me I always find the temp that works best for me and just stick with that.

I definitely do agree you get better vapor initially by grinding, but to me the terps boil off very rapidly with fine grind which is the major trade off. (Asides from the convenience of being able to just pop in a nug and vape immediately, which I personally can get white walls on if I run it through a water pipe)

2. jazmodo

jazmodo Militant Athiest

each to there own on temps indeed :)

I would assume stopping & starting vaping across 2-3 sessions would be better with whole nugs, I find if i dont take 3-4 hits with the unit off, the residual hit will cook the herb before the next session.

I will have to try whole nugs again!

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been covered, but does anyone know if the warranty will still hold if I buy an unopened one from a private party?

CanadianFlowers and ElPic like this.
  4. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

yes it still holds

jazmodo likes this.
  5. ElPic

ElPic Take my money

Ok so I email Storz & Bickel to know how work the their warranty and if my new Mighty is under warranty!

The email is in French, so I will not paste it here, but it basically said that the warranty start with your original purchase and do Not reset with a RMA.

So they probably replace my faulty Crafty because cracking plastic is a know issue !

S&B America responded to all my email in French, and the last one was answer in less then 2 hours .... on Easter weekend!
    I can't complain about customer service.

6. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

They ask for purchase date when you fill out a RMA form.

7. Jack_72

Jack_72 Active Member

The more you grind your weed the more the more surface area of the herbs you will get. Therefore you guys are right with your impression: it is logical that ground herbs are more effective (finer = more surface = more efficient).
    To enjoy the flavours just begin with lower temperatures :-) !!!

Tbh I have recently purchased a big huge grinder with a crank which doesn't grind so finely but you can grind a big amount at once... I an a lazy fuck too :-).

8. Asuwish

Asuwish Member

Is it weird that I use my Mighty exclusively at a low temp of 173 C (344 F) with dosing caps, medium/fine grind? Not only do I get great flavor at that setting, but the vapor is thick as well. Or is my unit heating up more than displayed?

9. Bomb33

Bomb33 Well-Known Member

Lol no its just mighty..... that sounds right to me. I just had a session at 180 and damn it's good. Been vaping at 193 and it's been kicking my ass. In a good way. But on a mellow weekend 170 to 180 sounds perfect. God I love this thing.

10. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

..if i can get 30 puffs (..say) from a bowl

i will fill up mighty bowl and take 15 puffs at 165c/330f
    then quickly dump out into ABV jar
    ..if this hits enough i stop there..
    if i want more - ill do more low temp bowls at 165/330

when i do this - it leaves me much more functional
    and because i only took half the puffs the ABV has still half left

i think it changes the proportions of the different goodies
    ..im still experimenting with this

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  11. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

@Asuwish - this was my first reaction to your post:

[​IMG]

But just tried it, and I guess that word doesn't mean what I think it means. I still nudged up to 195C to finish, and got a few more clouds than I normally get when starting at 180C. Wish I had the boost feature in my Mighty, as it would assist my usage pattern.

Welcome to FC, @Asuwish , and thanks for the excuse to do a morning session. As if I ever need an excuse.

LouFeinberg, Mr. Me2, jupazo and 6 others like this.
  12. MGG

MGG Well-Known Member

i definitely can get good sized clouds at 170, i just prefer the effects of 180-185, it feels more well rounded.

13. vprzrs

vprzrs mnmlsm in vaping

There is a permanent price drop once again from STORZ & BICKEL for their three most popular vapes.

https://goo.gl/1O58zX

Mighty / Crafty / Plenty

14. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Not weird at all; this is the temp range I start at. You can finish the whole bowl there if you want. But with some strains, a little hotter/dryer is better. #norules

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  15. Jack_72

Jack_72 Active Member

Wouldn't it be soo awesome if there was a mighty festival/club/place where everyone could vape and check out their preferences together and discuss :-)....

Edit: I mean a non virtual place unlike FC of course. Sorry for spamming I just always imagine how great it would be actually being together at the same place when reading your posts:-D.

16. Bomb33

Bomb33 Well-Known Member

I mentioned that not too long ago lmao
    Would be nice if there was. Probably in Germany lol someone should start one cause I bet you would make a boat load of cash.specially here in canada since it will be legal next spring. In the center of the event there should be a giant mighty with one big ass bowl showering people with vape lol. Keep dreaming

ElPic, Jack_72, blackstone and 2 others like this.
  17. Asuwish

Asuwish Member

Thanks!

18. ElPic

ElPic Take my money

So yesterday I change my mind and I remove the Mighty of the classifieds to keep it for myself...
    What a Good move...
    Never try a mighty before, in my mind it's just a Crafty with bigger size a double batterie life.... but I was wrong! I'm surprised by the smoothness of the vapor coming from that unit, lot smoother than the Crafty IMO. I use the crafty as a daily driver since 2014, and I notice the difference right away after my first hit... smooth and tasty!
    The 2 minute timer is also a Big improvement over the 1min of my old Crafty!
    Not disappointed at all by my choice!
    Only downside I see is the size of that beast... not discrete at all LOL
    But I got other unit that will do that job!
    I sold my Volcano last year, because desktop unit don't suit my need anymore, that Mighty is the closest thing to a Volcano!
    Happy to stay in the S&B family!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Baron23, JCat, Chandler and 11 others like this.
  19. Mr.Sifter

I just thought about the mighty.

I swiched the screen in the cooling chamber and installed the finer screen.
    Now the draw is a little bit less direct but still wiiiiide open.
    i dont have to cough that often now.

what about the stuff that can be collected in the cooling chamber.
    i see it is no waste but what is it ?
    I scratch it out with the arizer air poking tool and put it in my mighty capsules mixed with green.
    What is it ?
    Plant material that has passed the screen, warmed trichonomes with less thc.
    what is know about that "gunk" ?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  20. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

If you use the fine screen on the CU, you filter out the particulate matter that can enter the CU via the larger, coarser screen. What's left is vapor resin....the cooled, congealed, solid version of the vapor bits that stuck to the surface of the CU instead of making it to your lungs. It's like pipe resin except made by vapor, and not smoke, and thus contains minimal particulate matter, unlike smoke resin.

(Interestingly, the Mighty is the only vape I've used that seems to collect a very sticky version of vapor resin, more similar to smoke resin than other vapes IME. No idea why....the stuff that collects in any of my other vapes tends to be a drier, easier-to-remove substance.:2c:)

SSVUN~YAH and Mr.Sifter like this.
  21. Mr.Sifter

great answer.
    thank you

can we talk about this vapor resin ?
    i know it from the air. it collects in the glass stem.
    looks more oily in the air stem and also very sticky.

mighty's resin is, like you said, harder and you can roll small "hash resin" balls from it.
    i know its no hash but something like it.
    havent tried smoking it, I think it will taste terrible.
    what do you guys do with it?
    wash it away with iso or brewery powder?
    collect and reuse it ?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  22. c76man

c76man In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor

I personally don't reclaim the resin. Many folks do reclaim and vape it.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  23. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

I love wand hash, make some sammies and the Mighty turns into a dragon! :rockon:

I was shocked the first time I saw this reclaim, giddy up! :science:

latulipe999, Teedub, jazmodo and 5 others like this.
  24. Roland Blaze

Roland Blaze Active Member

I use organic cotton, wrap a bit round the end of something and use it to soak the oil up while its still warm. Eventually the cotton becomes saturated with it and then I stuff it into a dosing cap. Tastes different, but not horrible IMO but def has an effect :)

25. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Nothing like Fridays, partaking in a couple of bowls of Tangerine thru the Mighty. Listening to Action Bronson on Youtube.Enjoying a Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

OMEiAM, blackstone, jazmodo and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors