The LazyVape!

SquidgyB

Very nice work LazyVape!

A little idea I had while perusing glass parts on the internet - has anyone tried using a vigruex tube wrapped in a nichrome wire for heating the air? I haven't even used a log vape, but I'd imagine the increased surface area would be befenicial - though they're much more expensive and more difficult to find than plain pyrex tubing:

Vigreux-Column-768x1024.jpg

Just an thought.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am getting the hang of this vape now!!
Yesterday i had it turned up too high and it was harsh and hot.
Tonight i tried lowering the temps and was rewarded by an extra long flavour session!!
Not much vapor, just great taste.
Then i turned it up a bit more and then the session really started!
Good flavour and nice clouds and a serious medicated state!

I tried to take some video last night but i need to work on my lighting, the vapour was not very visible to the camera.
Once i get it figured out i will upload a session.

And to answer a question: I inhaled as fast as i could for as long as i could and the temperature did not drop at all. Vapor cloud was huge and the coughing afterwards was not fun either… but it works for flavour or for massive medical clouds!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Very nice work LazyVape!

A little idea I had while perusing glass parts on the internet - has anyone tried using a vigruex tube wrapped in a nichrome wire for heating the air? I haven't even used a log vape, but I'd imagine the increased surface area would be befenicial - though they're much more expensive and more difficult to find than plain pyrex tubing:

Just an thought.
Ahh man.. That was my secret plan :lol: Haha. I plan to try that out for a DIY vape some time in the future.. Hopefully sooner than later but :shrug:... I think it would work awesome.
@lazylathe you should figure out a way to work w/ that^^.. It seems perfect

lazylathe

Almost there...
Very nice work LazyVape!

Just an thought.

Judging by the tickness of the glass it would take some serious voltage to heat that sucker up enough to vape with!
If we could find a glass blower thst could place restrictions in a thinner piece of glass then we could have something to work with...

lazylathe,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Update on the ceramic heater vape:

I had a quick session before going out to watch the high school music students perform. Thought i might need it and apparently i did...LOL!!
Then when we returned home a few hours later i went to turn on the vape and download pics and videos.
Gave it some time to warm up and when i went to see how it was doing it was COLD!!

Either the dimmer switch blew or the heater is toast, not sure which one yet as it was pretty late.

So i swapped everything out for new components and swapped the ceramic heater for a 100Watt cartridge heater that i had ordered a while ago.
Take it from me that a 100Watt 110Volt cartridge heater is WAY OVERKILL!!!
Even on the lowest setting it was maybe a degree below combustion.
I am thinking a 40 to 50 Watt cartridge heater will do the trick!

I will be checking the components tonight to see what failed and report back!

lazylathe

Almost there...
It was the ceramic heating element that decided to die…
Easy, quick and cheap to replace and i was back in business!!

I asked my friend to come over and test it out for me and we had 3 sessions with it using the PNWT.
Flavor was amazing and effect was quite serious… I have never been so medicated before!
We spent about an hour in silence staring at the computer screen before we could do anything!

The unit does get pretty warm on the outside but i find if you hold it closer to the base it is fine.
It was on the desk all last night as handling the WT was difficult enough in our state...

Top Bottom