1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The ELEV8R from 7th Floor

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by 7thFloorVapes, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Want to try it out?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2017.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Hell Yeah

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  3. No, thank you

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Whoa torching the heater for a second while you take your hit for a vapor boost is really fun! :evil:

2. 7thFloorVapes

7thFloorVapes Well-Known Member Company Rep

Click to play YouTube Video

Hey guys, Alex here. You guys asked, so we made it happen. Check out our latest video featuring the newest add-ons for the ELEV8R Vaporizer. Let us know if there is anything you would like us to demo, review, or create! Ride the Wave!

3. steama

steama slightly stoopid

It would be hard to have a true perception of this vape if you do not use it with some kind of torch. What you are really sharing is your perceptions from using the ELEV8R with a 'torch lighter' which is an inferior method and can't give you the best results.

edit: Good is subjective. I have used the ELEV8R with a small torch and it works fine over a longer heat up but it doesn't compare to a real torch.

If a torch lighter works for a person who am I to say it is not good?

:2c:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    KidFated., Alexis and invertedisdead like this.
  4. shaolinmilk

shaolinmilk Well-Known Member

Where can I get that J-hook? On your website, it's only an add-on option. I'm trying to find that piece at the best price with shipping to Canada. Thanks.

almost there and steama like this.
  5. 7thFloorVapes

7thFloorVapes Well-Known Member Company Rep

Check out our website and type in "Sherlock"

steama likes this.
  6. steama

steama slightly stoopid

invertedisdead likes this.
  7. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...not sure if i mentioned this on this thread or another...

...torch makes all the difference, my og torch, Blazer 2001, i thought was the greatest thing of life! until i used a Blazer 8000 (Big Shot)... NO COMPARISON!!

...dont cheap out on torches... invest in a decent one and profit :D (sometimes cheap isn't cheap in the long run...)

8. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Damn that J hook is legit, REALLY like the idea of the clean airpath in this one, can't wait to see when that quartz heater drops. Quartz is gonna be a game changer guys, WAY better temp stability and vaporization window then boro. Anyone who has dabbed off both will recognize this. Plus, it's going to be much more durable as quartz has impressive thermal shock properties!

9. Danksta

I agree. One of the few downsides with the heater is how quickly it loses heat. Quartz would be great for multiple reasons.

invertedisdead and cloudsosmoke like this.
  10. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

I plan to get the big buddy from amazon....they got a funky ass green one that i got my eye on!!

TENZEN, mixchu69 and steama like this.
  11. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

I got the blazer big buddy turbo...should be delivered today. I is way smaller than the big buddy so it should be easier to hold with one hand. I will post pictures later today when it arrives.

steama likes this.
  12. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Hey Alex, just a quick question on the heater portion of the set. What is going on with the quartz alternative, any time frame?

invertedisdead and Danksta like this.
  13. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I am getting a big buddy too. Great flame, less butane, what's not to love. I have the Blazer Piezo Micro Torch but it did not have enough oomph for what I wanted. Throwing down for the less costly and burning less butane big buddy is a no brainer. Besides, I have never had a white torch before.

[​IMG]

:myday:

Alexis and invertedisdead like this.
  14. DarkRoast

DarkRoast New Member

This is the real question! I also hope there is some type of discount provided to those who have purchased the glass version and would like the quartz upgrade.

invertedisdead, steama and Danksta like this.
  15. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

Another question i have since they are coming out with these acessories for the elev8r...can we get a nice case too?? @7thFloorVapes ??

16. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I found a nice second hand store case. It looks like some hippie chick's pouch but the thing is padded with an inner zippered compartment and the gear fits like it was made for the ELEV8R.

I also added the ultra cool 7th floor pins in respect of this fantastic vape.

[​IMG]

TENZEN, wildything, anasrzi and 8 others like this.
  17. Danksta

Just took an uptemp hit of flower with the Elev8r! :rockon:

Torched the heater for 10sec, then put it on the rig and proceeded to torch while I hit it (torch NOT aimed towards the intake hole), waving the flame back and forth so I didn't heat one spot too long. I think I did it pretty safe actually.

The flavor was incredible. Best tasting hit so far.

The effects aren't as good though as the regular method.

18. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

I had some store credit at a local head shop so I broke down and splurged on a little torch. I got "this thing rips" lol whatever it works fine. Heated the elev8r up in about 30-40 seconds on the lowest setting. It's so loud, though. Got it for only 20 quid. The button that fires it is very easy to press and no issue at all to use it one handed and it fits in my hand very well. Got the black and green to match my green elev8 logo on the glass. :)

So, I love how quickly and easily it heats up now but it's so loud I have trouble hearing other things, so this will limit how often I use it. Sounds like a wind tunnel.

@Danksta sometimes I do the very same thing with my smaller torch lighters. It boosts it pretty fast!

Alexis, steama and Danksta like this.
  19. JamesTiberiousKirk

JamesTiberiousKirk Well-Known Member

I envy you all. This looks like a great kit. Unfortunately, I do not trust myself with torches. I am kinda clumsy.

If my local is hit by an EMP and all electronics fail, I would be forced into the unwanted position of lighting up.

I trust myself with butane lighters, they seem safe.

I guess I could use a magnifying glass to heat the exchanger.

JCharles and steama like this.
  20. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Dynamo could probably heat it up for you (well technically it would be his jinn, he just takes all the fame and credit for now).;)

steama likes this.
  21. Schroedinger

Schroedinger Sober and stoned

I am really starting to get envious. @7thFloorVapes is there any progress on European retailers?

steama likes this.
  22. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

Yes and my VAS tell me to buy one of this beauty really soon : LUCKY
    ;)
    -10% off with this code
    FC13LCV10

23. Schroedinger

Schroedinger Sober and stoned

@Razshiro thanks a lot!! Yay - I will order pretty soonish.
    EDIT: ordered!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  24. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

Ok the torch is fucking loud and I need to pause the music or the movie or the tv, but the Elev8r is my new vaorite vaporizer. My thoughts are hard to wrote down. Oh brother. I did a triple pinch just barely covering the screen which is a pretty big bowl for me, honestly. Anyway, I used the wand and my new torch (set on high for the first time) and here's the deal. It's awesome. Flavor is on point of course, this is something anyone reading this should know by now. But it's fast (Initial heating was about 30 seconds), it's efficient, it's powerful, and the vapor profile is very different from my other vaporizers. The vapor was smooth as fuck and it was rich, I know that even though I couldn't see the vapor going down the wand. (that's one reason I like using a dry bubbler, so I can watch the vapor collect) It has been a long time since I got throat tickles from any sort of hit from a vaporizer. My first rip had me coughing and crying. I was crying while I was getting high this morning.

So, despite the ungodly welding torch I hang out with now, this vape has the honored privaledge of being used primarily when I'm alone. lol So, it's the vape I hit when I'm doing studying, playing my bass, or trying to fall asleep late at night. My alone times are my favorite times. :)

So, this vape allows me to get where I want to go so fast it's unreal. I'll be getting the upgraded heater when it comes out. And I would love to have a native 18mm bowl. Finally, wouldn't it be wicked if there was some way to make it 100% glass by somehow eliminating the screen? Pipe dream! Elev8! I was talking with a loacal stoner who actually knew about the Elev8r and he called it an herbal dab. I did kind of feel that way this morning. This is some energetic weed, let me go be productive with this energy.

Cheers to all who encouraged me to waste my money on a torch. It was not sound financial advice, but it was good vaporizer advice. :) I love you guys and gals.

25. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Yo dude! Did you see that 7th Floor have said they are working on offering a glass screen option, "And then down the road we're also working on all glass because some people want it, but whatever.." haha! Nice to see how they so willingly try to oblige demand even if it is the least of their own priorities.

More good things to come for this great device.

I can also officially say that the Elev8r vapor is very friendly to my hyper-sensitive respiratory system, as long as I use it gently (enough). I almost can't bare to use my Omnivap now, especially dry but even through water it is such a dirty vapor in comparison to the Elev8r.

I still use my Omni practically every day, usually at bedtime to put me out, which it does very well.:zzz:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors