Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedeserttortoise

I'm getting stoked to try this bad boy out, but I don't think I'll be buying a giant torch... Hopefully I can still heat it with a little quad torch like you might use for dynavap. My lady will not be happy about a giant blow torch thing around the house lol.

That will work fine.. Check out the video I did a few posts back.. The big torch is only for impatient super users... A petty big group these days. I've been toasting with the double barrel the last few hits and I think I'm going to have to get another one... Shit, I will have spent as much on torch's as the vape pretty soon... "Is this a sick mans hobby, or a hobby for a sick man"? To all concerned or provoked, please replace man or man's with the appropriate phrase for your political or gender persuasion....

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@thedeserttortoise I missed seeing the link trapped in the code there. I think I'll be fine. Sometimes I heat up my dynavap with a bit. That takes patience. At least this mother will pack one hell of a punch!

So I have logs, which I use the ss tips with, so they are the smallest bowls. Then the dynavap is a little bigger, but after giving my LSV away I haven't had a heavy hitter. So I'm already seeing it fitting into my rotation easily. Will this be my daily driver? Maybe. But not likely. But sometimes it's fun to melt faces.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
This thing has so much potential. I really like the simplicity and pure, analog feel of it. That said, IMO the boro vs quartz discussion is one for consideration. My layman’s understanding is that quartz is more stable under sudden temp changes. EVO Xnails have both options and their page states that as the primary difference. Elev8r boro glass feels and looks great but hopefully this heater tip question can be addressed so paranoid users like me can use it with more confidence. I’m using a Rosle brulee torch but now curious to try a weaker one (for a while longer than 45 seconds I presume). I wonder if the slower heat up will be similar in some way to quad vs single torch heat ups on VapCaps.

Alexis

This thing has so much potential. I really like the simplicity and pure, analog feel of it. That said, IMO the boro vs quartz discussion is one for consideration. My layman’s understanding is that quartz is more stable under sudden temp changes. EVO Xnails have both options and their page states that as the primary difference. Elev8r boro glass feels and looks great but hopefully this heater tip question can be addressed so paranoid users like me can use it with more confidence. I’m using a Rosle brulee torch but now curious to try a weaker one (for a while longer than 45 seconds I presume). I wonder if the slower heat up will be similar in some way to quad vs single torch heat ups on VapCaps.
I strongly imagine that different torches will alter the vape signature, as indeed is the case with the vapcaps.

But now I've said that, this may not actually apply with the Elev8r, where possibly it is purely the level of heat in the glass which determines results? Unlike the vapcaps where the load itself is heated, and there is greater variation in how the heat transfers into the tips to affect the load

I wonder if a weaker torch could reach an equal temp but cool down quicker.
Or is -heat in the heater- simply: heat in the heater? i.e. however it gets there, once there it behaves identically in line with environmental elements? If you get me.

Just very stoned thoughts, but I think it makes sense?

MileHighHuman

Whats the estimated heat up time / temperature for flowers?

I'd assume the heat up temperature for concentrates is too hot for boro? (long term)

Which size flavor disk fits this? Medium?

Last edited:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Interesting about MAPP gas mentioned in the ELEV8R instructions. "MAPP gas creates too hot of a flame and can ruin the integrity of the borosilicate glass". I suppose there is a temp that lab testing determined to be pushing some limit.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I presume the flame(s) used will have an effect on the heat time and the life of your heater. Feel me? The hotter you make your flame, the quicker it heats up, putting more stress on the glass. Lower flames and quicker movement of the glass would distribute the heat much slower and (in my own theory which probably only makes sense in my mind) puts less stress on the glass. Maybe? I guess I'll find out. :) I'll tell you what, I don't mind waiting, but I don't wanna wait no five minutes and shit. This is not a vape I'll use my tiny single flame vapcap lighter or bic lighter
:leaf: Do you beLEAF in magic? :leaf:

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Alexis

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Whats up Yall...

@Alexis the behavior you are describing with the torch is normal if i understand your issue.
when the torch is full it has a higher pressure in the can, but as it gets lower and the pressure drops...it requires an increase to keep it going.

I do need another torch right about now. @thedeserttortoise first my ignitor went out, so I have to use another torch to light it and today the dial fell off, but it is still functional so i will probably use it until i order another one

@ShayWhiteGrow also has one and can comment on his torches behavior

...also that did not sound like a nightmare to me @Alexis unless i missed something! supreme hits from a super big J hook?!?! :love:

@biohacker

The heater (IMO) is good, i dropped mine and it broke...but i haven't had either of he heaters develop cracks, but i also don't heat it until it glows...i developed a timed heating ritual like i did with the vapman and twist it like a vapcap

there may be more suitable elements for the heater, but I don't see the boro as 'bad' or a strike on 7th floors reputation, but thats just me.

biohacker

I wonder if a weaker torch could reach an equal temp but cool down quicker.
Or is -heat in the heater- simply: heat in the heater? i.e. however it gets there, once there it behaves identically in line with environmental elements? If you get me.

Just very stoned thoughts, but I think it makes sense?

Can only share my experiences with heating up the aluminum block of the sv3 with all sorts of different torches, but the thinner flamed ones (think blazer GB2001) took longer to heat up, but didn't cool off as fast. The stronger creme brulee torch heated up way faster with the monster flame, but also cooled faster. Environment is important, but in the end I don't think it's an exact science, even with a thermometer on the sv3!

@Alexis the behavior you are describing with the torch is normal if i understand your issue.
when the torch is full it has a higher pressure in the can, but as it gets lower and the pressure drops...it requires an increase to keep it going.

Exactly!

I do need another torch right about now. @thedeserttortoise first my ignitor went out, so I have to use another torch to light it and today the dial fell off, but it is still functional so i will probably use it until i order another one

Do the ignitors go on ALL these torches? Certainly been my experience! Even on quality Blazers, i've had them go very quickly. I think the Blazer Big Shot or Big Buddy are next on the TAS list!

The heater (IMO) is good, i dropped mine and it broke...but i haven't had either of he heaters develop cracks, but i also don't heat it until it glows...i developed a timed heating ritual like i did with the vapman and twist it like a vapcap

Appreciate the peace of mind! Can't wait to get mine.

Alexis

Guys would you believe it, I just got a letter from FedEx saying I owe them £26 customs for my Elev8r I received 11 days ago!

Are they for real? Right now I am homeless ;), living in a ditch :lol:, I sold all my possesions to get some cardboard boxes.... as soon as my Elev8r came I assumed there were no extra charges, so I got rid of ALL my money!

How do they expect me to pay the customs NOW?
I will have to pay shipping on my Elev8r I won in the contest (and possibly customs?)
I wasn't anticipating any extra spending right now, so I am really not keen on paying this customs invoice as I may not be able to avoid it with my prize Elev8r.

Have people had this after delivery notification before? What do you think they will do if I don't pay it? Take me to court?

Seperate news- since receiving my Elev8r I have been considerably more medicated than usual. Really feeling the effects from last night and edibles too.
I do find the Elev8r effects to be quite heavy, a little debilitating, too much sometimes for daytime use- sound familiar @biohacker ? It does seem the Elev8r offers an expereince with similarities to a particular flame driven portable.

@WakeAndVape thanks bro for the torch info. Man it sucks how they all pack up in one way or another. I wish there was more cheap, sturdy options out there which are easier and more fun to use.

And yeah, just kidding about the nightmare part.;) Your garage looks like a cool place to hang out by the way. Have fun in there bro stay warm.

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Hey Schroedinger,

Yes, we are in contact with them. The elev8R is definitely an interesting product for us. Apparently there are some hurdles to bring it to the European market in regards to regulations but I don't have any details. So for now we can't really say much except that we are looking into it!

Awesome. I am thrilled. Nevermind, I have time to wait :)

@Alexis this is normal for non-EU (as a Brit this will apply to all countries very soon ;) ) foreign orders. In my country you have to pay VAT based on price+shipping cost for all stuff > 22€ and for amounts >150€ it is even getting more expensive.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Nice!
At first, I didn't know its a 7th floor vape, so when I saw the wand I was kinda, hey, it looks like the same wand that comes with the LSV (RIP :() , which is great, I love 7th floor, they are awesome!
This looks like a really cool vape that might not suit me because I'm bound to break it, but I can't help it, I want one! :)
I really hope I don't combust using this...is there was a mechanic like in the vapcap, that would have been amazing....

Anyways, 3 light turbo lighter needs less heating time?

Alexis

Awesome. I am thrilled. Nevermind, I have time to wait :)

@Alexis this is normal for non-EU (as a Brit this will apply to all countries very soon ;) ) foreign orders. In my country you have to pay VAT based on price+shipping cost for all stuff > 22€ and for amounts >150€ it is even getting more expensive.
Thanks yes Im well aware of the whole customs procedure, I am very experienced in fact.:D

But I dont think I have ever been billed after receiving the parcel before.
I wasnt expecting the extra fees and maybe also for my free Elev8r which looks like it will cost me £50 now.

Just spent too much last 2 weeks and wondered what will happen if I take my time to pay this;), and what is likely to happen.

Alexis,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Alexis sorry for not getting it. Last time I should have paid it, DHL forgot to charge me with the money (I could see on the customs sticker that they paid 22€) - this is a year ago, already :)

Schroedinger,
Reactions: Alexis

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@ShayWhiteGrow also has one and can comment on his torches behavior
Same behavior @WakeAndVape. Dies a little then just turn up the gas. Was cream brûlée meant to be heated this long and high?:shrug:
Well yeah you brown it high heat and not for very long. I had a job where I made salads and browned creme brulee at break neck speeds. Don't miss that one.
Any way I can't comment on that being a regular function of that type of torch, as I always used it for the advertised purpose.

thedeserttortoise

If you cant invest in Blazer bigshot there are cheaper 22mm or 16mm versions which are attached straight to the gas can or work with camper stove can gas like this one. [/QUOTE]

I just ordered the Blazer Big Buddy off Amazon... Its not quite 1/2 the price of the Bigshot and I believe it has the same head on it... Will report back when it arrives..

Alexis

If you cant invest in Blazer bigshot there are cheaper 22mm or 16mm versions which are attached straight to the gas can or work with camper stove can gas like this one.

That is the one I was initially considering. Let us know how it goes please mate. Vapefiend UK stock it, comes to £31 with the Hi5 discount. The code seems to only work for amounts over £30 now, but at least it offers a cheaper option on the big buddy. It does look more user friendly. I wont mind a slightly longer heating if it is a more comfortable experience.

I often get carried away with the heating actually with this big brulee- reheats are so quick, and I tend to be an "overshooter"!:lol:
I start out by undershooting, then OVERcompensate next cycle- does anybody know the correct PID values to enter into my head to fix this under/overshoot issue?:D

thedeserttortoise

If you cant invest in Blazer bigshot there are cheaper 22mm or 16mm versions which are attached straight to the gas can or work with camper stove can gas like this one.

I screwed this one up good.... I'm terrible at computes anymore.. This was actually a quote of Abysmal Vapor's post a page or two back... I just didn't do it right.. A really good post on torch's that convinced me to try a Blazer....

I just ordered the Blazer Big Buddy off Amazon... Its not quite 1/2 the price of the Bigshot and I believe it has the same head on it... Will report back when it arrives..[/QUOTE]

That is the one I was initially considering. Let us know how it goes please mate. Vapefiend UK stock it, comes to £31 with the Hi5 discount. The code seems to only work for amounts over £30 now, but at least it offers a cheaper option on the big buddy. It does look more user friendly. I wont mind a slightly longer heating if it is a more comfortable experience.

I often get carried away with the heating actually with this big brulee- reheats are so quick, and I tend to be an "overshooter"!:lol:
I start out by undershooting, then OVERcompensate next cycle- does anybody know the correct PID values to enter into my head to fix this under/overshoot issue?:D

Yea.. I filled my dbl barrel brulee last night in hopes that it had miraculously repaired itself.. it hadn't. It was your comments that caused me to try it again and find that yes.. it was much faster. I ordered the Blazer after reading @Abysmal Vapor's post a page or so back..

I'll get back to you on that new torch .. Tortoise

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy
I just ordered one of these bad boys. I figured I'm already flush with torches because of the Dynavap, might as well have a nice all glass at home solution for when I don't feel like heating up the enail and showerhead. Also looks like something that would be fun and easy to bring to a party session.

The VAS is real, but at least this thing is at a nice price point.

I just ordered the Blazer Big Buddy off Amazon... Its not quite 1/2 the price of the Bigshot and I believe it has the same head on it... Will report back when it arrives..

I bought that one months ago for one of those eyce portable dab rigs for dabbing away from the home enail setup. The Big Buddy is AWESOME! I cant imagine needing anymore power than this torch provides. Seriously, this thing is a little scary how powerful and hot it gets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danksta

I just ordered one of these bad boys. I figured I'm already flush with torches because of the Dynavap, might as well have a nice all glass at home solution for when I don't feel like heating up the enail and showerhead. Also looks like something that would be fun and easy to bring to a party session.

The VAS is real, but at least this thing is at a nice price point.

Hope you ordered a spare heater. I think they should be sending two with kits until they work out their issues.

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy
Hope you ordered a spare heater. I think they should be sending two with kits until they work out their issues.
That bad huh? I figured $88 wasnt a bad entry point, but just how often are the glass heaters having to be replaced? It hasn't been on the market that long.

Edit: nevermind, I went back and read about your experience. No need to rehash it. If they are willing to stand behind it and replace the heater due to cracking, I think they should provide a specific warranty length for the heaters. Obviously nothing will last forever but having at least a year or two warrantee that it won't crack due to normal, designed use would be nice for peace of mind. I am going to go ahead and reach out to clarify this before my order ships out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom