the color of my bud, pre vape

crawdad

floatin
i got an installment of happiness recently of the same strain im used to however the color is different. this is bud that has been stored, not vaped. usually its very deep green and not super dry (cannot finger crumble).

this new one is light green and in some places almost beginning to look slightly brownish (slightly meaning not quite, but barely...like a shade of brown added to light green). it's also much drier than the deep green bud im used to (can finger crumble).

given the strain is the same (same plant/farm) is this *only* an issue of moisture or is it indicative of being cut too late and perhaps less THC then my deep green? i have not yet vaped it, but will soon.

thanks!

crawdad,

2Supra4U

Well its much dryer then your used to it was probably dried for longer or was sped up somehow (fan etc)

about the brown....maybe that particular plant ( which some of the buds came from) had a deficiency and had browned leaves....so maybe there are slight spots or nute burn or deficiency

the difference in colour could be from available nutrient or lack of.....also its possibe the growing conditions may vary from crop to crop resulting in a different colour.

there many factors that could be cause.

but if its from same grower and is same strain 100% and you know this to be 100% percent true then you have nothing to worry about.

each crop wont be the exact same unless you replicated the exact conditions every time.
and even the you could have variances from plant to plant even of the same strain/seed crop

2Supra4U,

Beezleb

temperature differences from dark to night will bring out color in some strains.

Beezleb,

hereatlast

Having cured some buds myself, my experience is this: right after the bud is chopped it is greenest (and grassiest smelling, ew) a couple days later. After continual curing the green slowly fades and IME a more beige hue (less green) generally sets in. I've been told that this color-change is indicative of chlorophyl leaving the plant during curing (chlorophyl is also certainly the culprit behind the wet or uncured grassy smell) and the slow process of active ingredients becoming more present (not sure about the language or processes behind this latter part).

From the information you provided, I don't think you can say for sure that the bud was cut too late; the moisture judgment is best made by you. Do the stems snap easily?

hereatlast,

crawdad

floatin
thank you all for the information.

the stems do snap quite easily, my deep green ones do not. guess that isolates a clear moisture difference, hope that is all it is. once i hit it (still finishing my previous batch) i'll report back for what its worth.

crawdad,
Top Bottom