Temporary Fix On da buddha JB-weld

Cloud954

Is this a feasible option on the heater cover? I was trying to fiddle with the shim and when i thought i got it on nice and perfect i set it down and a hear glass shattering.

As of now i have a little aluminum foil tape on the bottom nowhere near the heating element but i still worry about the fumes from the adhesive. Basically i was wondering if jb weld would be heat resistant enough to be in the same heat as the heater cover without releasing any vapors/

If not ill just stick to my rubber band and tape for now until my replacement arrives

Thanks

Cloud954,

SmokingElectricity

not sure how well it would work on something shattered. but it is non toxic and safe up to 500 degrees. i guess it all depends on how close the jb weld would actually be to the heater.

SmokingElectricity,

Nosferatu

Someone on this siterecommended me JB weld for my LSV heater cover. I didnt end up doing it but I think if you only used the weld on the outside of the heater cover, even if it does get too hot, you wont inhale anything.

Nosferatu,

Cloud954

hmm I think the Jb weld would be within a proximity of 1 centimeter or less, to the heater.
I'm just not sure i feel safe going for it, maybe ill keep it how i have it. It rips filthily through the bong still.

thanks for the thoughts, ill ponder it a little longer

Cloud954,

Nosferatu

I broke one too, any reason I cant put put electrical tape around the bottom?

Nosferatu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Electrical tape? Dude, I would not do that at all. First off it will work like shit if it does even work, and then when it does work you'll be melting the tape and any adhesive the tape is using. JB weld would be way better of a solution, but IMO I would just spend $20 and a lot of time and maybe even my health and just buy a new cover. This time make it two so you'll have an extra.

aesthyrian,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
aesthyrian said:
Electrical tape? Dude, I would not do that at all. First off it will work like shit if it does even work, and then when it does work you'll be melting the tape and any adhesive the tape is using. JB weld would be way better of a solution, but IMO I would just spend $20 and a lot of time and maybe even my health and just buy a new cover. This time make it two so you'll have an extra.

+10...IMO x 2 :D

FLskwat,

Nosferatu

I know the tape sounds crazy, but below the ceramic element and on the outside of the glass, it really doesnt get that hot, I tested on the LSV at least. But I wont go recommending that obviously haha

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom