Temp-Stepping?

JBone65

Figured out I could start a fresh load in my portable device at a low temperature to get a dose of terpene, then step the temperature up incrementally with each successive hit.

First started experimenting with my Grasshopper OG 4-5 years ago. For several years now, have been enjoying 9-10 (and relatively equal) hits from 0.2 g of flower. Going from min (~220°f) to max (~430°f) temperature with each load has provided many thousands of enjoyable hits with the io.

In theory the increasing temperature could mobilize heavier aromatic compounds with each successive hit, as if a progressive distillation process. It's a100% repeatable process, provided your weed is capable. With my io, the load always dries out and stops making vapor after 2-3 hits on max.

It doesn't stop there. Recently pulled out my clunky old desktop session device. Bought it in 2008. Always considered it to be inefficient, even wasteful. Anyway, tried temp stepping with it for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm shocked, it works great. It's probably not as efficient as my grasshopper but it's pretty close, plus it holds more weed so all 10 hits are amazingly sweet. I do have to rotate the glass bowl to stir the load on the desktop, otherwise it will get too hot in one spot and ignite before the load is spent.

I can't vape with a static temperature setting and enjoy it. Hit quality will be too strong initially and will become unsatisfactory after just 2-3 hits.

Curious what others think. Thanks.:bigleaf::goat:

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: Summer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Almost always (except for heavy hitter hits), pretty sure there's already a thread for this btw :tup:

Shit Snacks,

JBone65

Almost always (except for heavy hitter hits), pretty sure there's already a thread for this btw :tup:
I searched for temp-stepping. Didn't find anything. Might be called something else. Do you have a link. Might can delete this thread. Thanks

JBone65,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Step or stepping would be a better search term, I'm not sure what section it is, but I'm pretty certain it's somewhere

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom