Television Wags the Dog With the Criminal Justice System

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
(my opinions about United States media bias, and the manufacturing of consent by our corporations & government towards a police state)

Television is defended as an oracle, a reflection, not a molder of public opinion. But I believe that is a lie, just like the misconception we have a liberal media.

One of the themes in media bias I've noticed is how they attempt to convert us, and how they even get very preachy, about the blue collar criminal. Their paid role as corporate apologists makes even the worst corporate crime seem okay somehow, but they like us to fry the little guy.

I don't think it's just trying to mold a society that's more law-abiding either. And the preachy tone certainly belies the idea they're just reporting the news, or even enjoying it with us. No, there's something going on here, it's deep, and it's troubling, and it seems to be pointed at manufacturing consent on the part of the American people towards a police state.

Now, we all know that being normal just means following the dominant narratives. What is not so easy to see is how difficult it can be to see outside the dominant narratives. If there is no perspective, there's no idea of how fucked up things really are. And with no reporting of it, or reporting with spin, there's no danger of the public becoming frightened or outraged.

Like the fact that rape is used in the United States as a means of generally controlling their prison population. And yet that viewpoint cannot even be expressed without sounding crazy, so how can we ever change the mind-set of the public to form a simple demand: stop prison rape, allow prisoners healthy sexual expression as a human right, protect them from rape while in custody as a basic human right.

So stop watching the news on television, and read the Huff or other non-corporate news sources and learn to be a critical thinker - it's not paranoid to think the televison seeks to convert your thinking, that's what it does, so make yourself Shock Proof (so you can't be converted) by knowing more about the stories than they report.

(I know I could've made this better but I have ADHD and run out of steam quickly)

VWFringe,
Top Bottom