Tek TCR settings possible for ROVE carts?

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
ok,

pretty well known that I loathe cartridges, but... surprise!, after a number of folks suggested I give it another try, I bought a handful of ROVE carts today.

Used to using TCR for my Divine Tribe atomizers on the Joyetech VTwo Mini and eLeaf Invoke 220W.
(I have not yet upgraded to Artic Fox, so I have no idea if these carts are usable with PID?)

Dropped the wattage down to about 7.5w for the time being...
not as hot and nasty as the pens, but no doubt could be a little smoother with TCR.
the 18650 battery should last a wee bit longer than those sad pen batteries!

may be the only way I will be able to get Trainwreck, Grape Ape, Purple Urkle, etc...
sad state of affairs :(

that said, I'll still be relying on my edibles and DT vapes for the heavy lifting.

looney2nz,

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Are the coils measuring in at under 1.5 ohm? That is the key.

I think the firmware for the newer evics, invokes, picos, etc let you TC up to 1.5 ohm. So do the newer DNA chips and some of the newer "premium" cpu mods, but most brands, and the older firmware for the joye-eleaf mods will only let you TC up to 1 ohm.

Anything running AF absolutely can TC up to 1.5, more reason to flash that, folks.

PID control is a bit of a fuzzy proposition on those little carts, they're so small they hit protection instantly, although I favored a faster ramp-up with some extra watts. Maybe it can be improved with PI if you're willing to play around with and explore the numbers. Even little tanks like the V9 work so much better with regular TCR mode over watts mode that I was satisfied with that and didn't bother. I don't use em that much.

You can start with TC-SS mode as a safe, minimum, fall-back position when blindly searching for TC settings on any atty, including little tanks. Keep the watts low to be safe, and even the temp bottomed out @ 200F to be super-safe.

TCR-SS, or TCR 140, and whatever watts works good for you in watts mode is a good start. Start with a low temp target to start. If you start seeing "protection" and start achieving satisfactory vapor, you've getting close.

This general method would work not just for tanks, but for any atomizer you can control with TCR.

Just start low with the TCR #, and move up in increments until you achieve the results you want.

My friend asked me if it can work in temp mode, so I tried to TC his random dispensary tank on his evic basic mod I sold to him. It measured in around 1.3 ohm. With TCR 140, 8w, 360F, (leftover settings on a profile which worked great with a V9 tank) I noticed hot vapor streaming past my lips and the coil wasn't hitting protection after 2 seconds of holding the button, so I stopped and released a big, tasty, but too hot cloud. I could have put the temp down lower to like 200, 250F, maybe lower the watts to 5, it might have TC'd, but my friend didn't care to give me more than 30 seconds to figure it out, so I just set it to watts. He smokes joints.

Hopefully you get some more syringes soon so you don't need to compromise your values! Little ccell carts on TC aren't so bad. Stay up!

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: looney2nz

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
yeah brother, I'm a tryin'! 3 appts in a row this week :(
Have to hop in the shower shortly to get ready, and eat enough edibles to make the trip.

The ROVE cart on the VTwo Mini right now started out around 1.37 and is around 1.42 right now.

I dropped the power down to 6.3W, much nicer, cooler, but still plenty of vapor.

Until PopNaturals returns, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some Honey Vape syringes to try (they have a Trainwreck!).

I sent DatDude41510 a message on IG (I knuckled under and signed up for it, will help me support some of my family and friends, but I am leery of FB tech, especially on my phone), we'll see if he sees my message in the firehose of requests the poor guy must have! IG made him take down the one post that showed the clean companies! (related to them shadow banning cannabis stuff on FB?), and it was indeed SC Labs that stopped accepting private clients (I think largely 'cause it was making them and their clients look a wee bit shady) :(

I just finished some IT housecleaning and upgraded the firmware in my router and reconfigured a few things.

Now it's time to get ready. Peace!

Top Bottom