Tainted cannabis?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My dudes aren’t in the countryside lol, I only mentioned that to say how convenient it is. I’d have to physically go to a city to see one of my plugs before and with my medical issues, just driving there and back can be rough to impossible sometimes. We’re in a small village so nobody’s smoking in the streets and there’s no area known for scoring. So for me, being able to select from a little menu and then have dense nuggets of fire arriving on my doorstep is magical by comparison.

@xylophono please post your experience! I would qualify as well and have all the medical documentation but haven’t been willing to do that whole process simply to pay more for less quality or fluffy shit that’s been irradiated. My doctors know I vape cannabis though, none have a problem with it and most seem genuinely fascinated when I explain dry herb vaporisation to them. I wish more medical professionals in general knew about vaping cannabis.

Radwin Bodnic

As for the countryside stuff in the UK I guess it's finding the right people. I live in a city and I used to visit a friend who lived in a housing cooperative out in the country and the guys there were always saying that weed just didn't exist around there

My dudes aren’t in the countryside lol, I only mentioned that to say how convenient it is.
We’re in a small village so nobody’s smoking in the streets and there’s no area known for scoring.

I guess it really depends on where you live then. My area is very rural and 5% to 10% of the people here smoke weed.

But I'd really prefer a medical program to exist in my country. I hope it will work for you buddy.

xylophono

My dudes aren’t in the countryside lol, I only mentioned that to say how convenient it is. I’d have to physically go to a city to see one of my plugs before and with my medical issues, just driving there and back can be rough to impossible sometimes. We’re in a small village so nobody’s smoking in the streets and there’s no area known for scoring. So for me, being able to select from a little menu and then have dense nuggets of fire arriving on my doorstep is magical by comparison.

@xylophono please post your experience! I would qualify as well and have all the medical documentation but haven’t been willing to do that whole process simply to pay more for less quality or fluffy shit that’s been irradiated. My doctors know I vape cannabis though, none have a problem with it and most seem genuinely fascinated when I explain dry herb vaporisation to them. I wish more medical professionals in general knew about vaping cannabis.
Hi pxl_jockey, I have been recommended to go to a clinic called Mamedica. They are easy to find on Google, if you get benefits (UC, DLA, PIP, War Pension, State Pension) then like me you could apply for their access scheme. A £200 payment for your first appointment and then all other appointments are free and cannabis costs £5-£14 per gram (I've had a look and they have some really good ones in the £5 category) they usually come in packets of either 10 or 15 grams. I can't afford that £200 until I get paid again in early November so it will be a while until I will be able to tell you about my experience but I have been speaking with the team via email and it all sounds very promising. If you look into it you could let me know how you get on! They do sell irradiated strains but they also do non irradiated. At my local head shop people were raving about the place. You can look up all of their strains by Googling "Mamedica cannabis strains" and then go to the MedBudWiki page that comes up.

snowdrop7756

Are you in the US? Honestly dude.... if I didn't have access to legal weed, I'd exclusively be buying THCA Hemp stuff online. You'll have to research the best vendors. But it's being sold by legit tax paying businesses that aren't gonna poison you because you'd be able to sue them.

In my experience it's not quite as good as legal dispo cannabis. But in the US of A mail order mids are now legal to purchase from coast to coast.

Here's a link to a subreddit to research vendors: https://www.reddit.com/r/CultoftheFranklin/
What? I’m in a legal state, so I haven’t really researched this. I thought all the hemp in the us was basically cbd hemp. Essentially absurdly low levels of thc?

snowdrop7756,

florduh

What? I’m in a legal state, so I haven’t really researched this. I thought all the hemp in the us was basically cbd hemp. Essentially absurdly low levels of thc?

Yeah, the 2018 Hemp Bill legalized hemp based THCA, but not THC. Obviously heating THCA converts it into THC, but there is a loophole for now. The Cult of The Franklin subreddit I linked to has vendor reviews if you're interested.

Also...this loophole may be curtailed in the near future because the 2018 bill has a sunset period. But we'll have to see.

florduh,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, the 2018 Hemp Bill legalized hemp based THCA, but not THC. Obviously heating THCA converts it into THC, but there is a loophole for now. The Cult of The Franklin subreddit I linked to has vendor reviews if you're interested.

Also...this loophole may be curtailed in the near future because the 2018 bill has a sunset period. But we'll have to see.

The only hesitation I have about HEMP & derivatives, is something I read and never confirmed.
Supposedly, HEMP growers do not have as many restrictions (pesticides & testing), as farmers doing THC crops.
Again, not sure of all the intricacies of farming laws, just something to consider and research.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

The only hesitation I have about HEMP & derivatives, is something I read and never confirmed.
Supposedly, HEMP growers do not have as many restrictions (pesticides & testing), as farmers doing THC crops.
Again, not sure of all the intricacies of farming laws, just something to consider and research.

You're not wrong. Most vendors post lab results. But a lot of States have regs requiring vendors to have every batch correspond to specific lab results. The hemp industry on the other hand, is the wild west.

There are vendors I would trust. These guys were around when only CBD was legal and I'd feel comfortable using anything from them.

Bottom line is... you're gonna have to research vendors to try and sus out who is trustworthy.

snowdrop7756

Again, not sure of all the intricacies of farming laws, just something to consider and research

Hold up. You’re telling me thca is not tested and considered illegal? I mean half the legal grows here (not hemp) don’t have that high d9 thc. D9 is a sign of heated / radiated / sunlight exposure.

snowdrop7756,

bhasma

I'm not in America, but the legality of THCA seems questionable.

The 2018 Farm Bill expired at the end of September 2023. And in June 2023, the DEA acknowledged THCA when expanding the USDA-required post-decarboxylation testing requirement: Congress has directed that, when determining whether a substance constitutes hemp, delta-9 THC concentration is to be tested using post-decarboxylation or other similarly reliable methods. This applies only to hemp in production, and hemp being grown must have a total THC (THCA + THC) concentration of 0.3% or less in order to be harvested.

Several states expressly prohibit THCA flower from being produced, sold, purchased, or consumed, defining legal hemp and hemp-derived products by their total THC (the sum of THC and THCA) levels.

And California law categorically prohibits the sale of inhalable hemp products until relevant regulations are developed.

In many cases, business conduct is in conflict with the letter of the law and the relevant issue is one of enforcement.

https://www.mcglinchey.com/insights/is-thca-legal-the-state-line-is-the-bottom-line/

Top Bottom