Tafée Bowle

justcametomind

Question about the design of the vape:
I have ham hands so my 1.0 Bowle dropped from a 1 meter height to the floor of my kitchen. After that my Bowle started to hotspot and I realized it was due to the fact that the drop had the effect of misalligning the heater wire from its default position. I have ham hands but I'm sure Bowle 1.0 imho was not drop proof. The new design apprears to be larger: did they include some sort of hollow space in the design or bumpers or anything else to make it better at shock absorption?
It appears that my replacement puck has also developed a strange taste/smell of electronics, within less than 48 hours and minimal use.

It leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't think of anything that would class as outside of ordinary usage.

Has anybody else here had an experience like this?

If 2.0 heater design is similar to 1.0, the heater is a metal coil that sits right above the pot. Maybe the pot is too full and you smell burnt because herb sits too close to the heater? Maybe it is due to residues that have fallen up to the heater.
Maybe, you stored the vape in a bag, with a full pot inside, during transport some particles have fallen right onto the heater and they are reigniting every time you switch that heater on.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

@justcametomind - sorry about your dropped Bowle, but the heater coil is not directly above pot, it's encased within a ceramic insulated ring above pot. A permanent screen is directly above pot, with a thermocouple wire across it, which can get dislodged or misaligned by nudging/brushing screen or by dropping unit. I haven't opened the series 2, so don't know if they've added anything new for overall puck internal bump protection. @Vaponatic said electronic smell after only a week, and same smell with replacement unit after two days. Can't be herb bits. I have no idea what the problem could be. Originally thought about UK mains voltage issues, but this is USB-C charging, so mains differences wouldn't affect adversly? It's a puzzler, hope George or Tafee make things right for you

Pistol Pete

I just emailed Tafee today about my only 2 month old Bowle cutting off early. About 11 to 12 seconds, no matter how I draw. I reset it twice and checked the o-ring seal. Even on 4 or 5, little to no vaper. Not sure what is going on but I hope that I hear back soon.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I emailed them last week and have not heard back...is this a one person operation? I am not being mean...I am curious. Does anyone know the history of this device? It is made in Canada...and who runs it? Is this person a member here? Do they visit this thread at all? It is as difficult as getting a Tetra P80! LOL

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I emailed them last week and have not heard back...is this a one person operation? I am not being mean...I am curious. Does anyone know the history of this device? It is made in Canada...and who runs it? Is this person a member here? Do they visit this thread at all? It is as difficult as getting a Tetra P80! LOL
Well...you could try reading the first 3 posts of this thread? Maybe more if it interests you.
But, yeah, at the base of the company is one (nice) very busy fellow.
Design has been collaborative.
I don't know how much support staff he has.
I'd say he's busy with the next batch, and maybe with diagnosing the couple of issues we've seen just recently here (above).

Dr. G

Old Resident
Well...you could try reading the first 3 posts of this thread? Maybe more if it interests you.
But, yeah, at the base of the company is one (nice) very busy fellow.
Design has been collaborative.
I don't know how much support staff he has.
I'd say he's busy with the next batch, and maybe with diagnosing the couple of issues we've seen just recently here (above).
Yes it interests me a whole bunch so I started from the beginning of the entire thread...I was lazy before. Thank you for your answer...

One man show...how commendable. Well, his product is beautiful and everything that I have ever read or seen on Youtube indicates that it is something to buy...I think this will suit me since I am bedridden most of the day I can have my water to take my medication and have medication additionally already in the chamber. That is ideal...what a great design. You say the design was collaborative...I really like the way it looks.

Anyway, Pistol Pete no need to apologize...I guess I need to laugh more but, its hard to laugh these days for me. Take care and enjoy your Tafee Bowle everyone...I can't wait to get one.

Pistol Pete

I just heard back from Tafee, I just received two emails. The first one is stating that they are genuinely sorry about my recent experience and will work to identify and rectify this as soon as possible. Wow, I emailed them about my problem just yesterday. They asked me five questions about how I use the device. Also as when and how this all started. The second email was a shipping label from Freightcom? I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm mailing that vape first thing in the morning. Time to load the Tinymight which I've been enjoying quite a bit lately. I'm puzzled as to why the quick response Dr. G. You stating you emailed them last week.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just heard back from Tafee, I just received two emails. The first one is stating that they are genuinely sorry about my recent experience and will work to identify and rectify this as soon as possible. Wow, I emailed them about my problem just yesterday. They asked me five questions about how I use the device. Also as when and how this all started. The second email was a shipping label from Freightcom? I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm mailing that vape first thing in the morning. Time to load the Tinymight which I've been enjoying quite a bit lately. I'm puzzled as to why the quick response Dr. G. You stating you emailed them last week.
I received an email from George yesterday. It was a very nice letter saying basically that the units will be available hopefully by May/June. It was so nice to hear from him and the company...I feel very hopeful that I will actually be able to buy one this time. I hope. This is one vape that I have always wanted and have not been able to get one...

Top Bottom