1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Vaporizer 4

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by biohacker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Happy to see you didn't gave up, let us to know how it'll work for u!

2. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Some updates from Ed:

The silicone sleeve has been cut down to just a 1/4 inch or so, it now resembles more of a joint type attachment. The reason for this is 3 fold:
    1- took too long for offgassing
    2- it absorbed too much heat and took longer to pre-heat
    3- lower operating temp ( about 32F)

[​IMG]

Ed has also sent me a few updates to the usage instructions, unfortunately they do not make too much sense without actually having the vape and experimenting.
    620F is his cruising temp and depending on your starting set temp this relates to when to insert the stem, how long to let it pre-heat before hitting it and the results.
    What i am hoping for is to settle on a temp that gives me flavor, vapor and an even ABV that is easily repeatable day to day.

The SV4 has arrived in Canada and should hopefully arrive this week or early next week!
    Still waiting on shipping notification for the coil.

3. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

“We’re all in this together” @lazylathe

JCat, LAWTHEONE, Alexis and 1 other person like this.
  4. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Respect @lazylathe ! :rockon:
    We can always count on you for a perfect excuse to get busy in true:popcorn:style.
    Just really hope it can be tweaked and configured to work just right for you. Im counting on you to make me jealous now bro.:nod:

5. lazylathe

My SV4 has arrived!!
    On first inspection, it is not as nicely finished as the SV3 but Ed has made it clear that he just cares about function, form is secondary to performance. I may smooth it out a bit more and give it that matte look. The herb tube seems to be exactly the same as my SV3 tube, the SV4 has 3 grommets on it to act as a stop and as a 14mm seal. The heat exchanger is also exactly the same size as my SV3.
    I would have preferred the pocket on the right due to being right handed.

The only differences i can see are:
    1- Extra plate welded on 2 sides to the main exchanger.
    2- The very top plate is slightly different in that a corner has been removed and only one nub is left to prevent forward/backwards movement.

I also removed all the silicone from the downstem, it was a 2-ply type of material i have never seen before. It had some odor to it so i replaced it with a small bit of medical grade tube i know has no odor.
    I am also using the silicone similar to the SV3 to grab the tube when inserted.

Still waiting on the coil to ship... Going to read the instructions now!

Here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the silicone removed.
    [​IMG]

Diggy Smalls, JCat, ew91 and 12 others like this.
  6. Buildozer

Buildozer Baked & Fried

@lazylathe

I haven't really followed the last 11 pages or so.. I hadn't realized you could get the S4 w/o the coil and controller! How much was it by itself? or did you get the whole package, and it just shipped separately?

I'll keep my eye out for a milk vid from you! :cheers:

JCat, Alexis, Vitolo and 2 others like this.
  7. szai

szai Well-Known Member

$195 for the single bare and $235 for the bare dually.

JCat, Alexis, lazylathe and 1 other person like this.
  8. lazylathe

I do not think Ed is selling electronics anymore with the SV4 or it could just be when shipping to Canada or anywhere else but the States, he did not clarify...

As @szai said:
    $195 for the SV4
    $30 for a flat coil

Still waiting on my coil to ship...Been 4 days now, so will call tomorrow and find out who's sleeping!

JCat, Alexis, biohacker and 2 others like this.
  9. KidFated.

JCat, highasakite and biohacker like this.
  10. lazylathe

Testing will be delayed a bit unfortunately...
    I ordered from a local supplier that is on and off the forums, thought i would support local, small business and keep it from crossing borders etc.
    Turns out the supplier is basically useless...
    Ordered Sunday and paid through paypal, no updates so i sent:
    1- email on Thursday, no reply, no shipping info or anything
    2- Called the supplied number twice, no answer and no voicemail setup
    3- Used their 'Contact Us' for on the website, no reply
    4- Sent a PM on FC and miraculously received an instant REFUND, no apologies or anything.
    ZERO customer service... I would not recommend buying from EWax Canada.

Ordered a D Nail flat coil from Planet Vape this morning, will rewire for my controller.
    It should be here Wednesday and then testing will start!

Sorry for the delay...

JCat, Buildozer, duff and 4 others like this.
  11. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Hard luck Lazy but as always, admirable and applaudable spirit in staying positive and focused, and moving on! 10/10 and a big commendation.:tup:

It seems like we are having some setbacks and unexpected delays between the community.
    Not for me personally (touch woodscents)- I seem to be on a run of good luck, free vapes and everything!

But with your own WS, and Bio's... then the SV4 initial dream shattering! Most unexpectedly as well. But regardless bruv you have held your cool, kept hold of reason and held steady course for the best possible outcome, which I have no doubt you will achieve.

Meanwhile, ae just have to sit back and get ready for... :popcorn:

JCat, steama, ew91 and 2 others like this.
  12. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Do you mean the High5 coil that we're using with @JCat e-mod? Are you planning to add a TC like JCat? It's a completely different and far more accurate vape as you've seen from his video!

@KidFated. Just waiting for my refund from PayPal, i'll update after receiving it. Stay tuned :popcorn:

JCat, steama, just_the_flu and 5 others like this.
  13. lazylathe

Oops!! I was still pissed off about wasting a week...
    Yes, you are correct! The flat coil from PV made by High Five.

I do not really plan on adding a thermometer like the SV3 has but using it to find my setting on the PID only. Just need to find the range that suits my needs the best and then experiment in that range to find my perfect temp. No need to fiddle after that for me!
    I did this with the SH as well and settled on 634F.

I need to watch the videos again.
    Why is it totally different? It should be the same except for the constant temp, the reason i do not like the SV3 that much anymore. It's Digital or bust baby!
    Going to watch them now!

highasakite, JCat, steama and 6 others like this.
  14. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

... @lazylathe , PV sells the adapters for high5 xlr to 'dnail' XLR, that way you dont have to rewire your coils... unless you enjoy that work :D

EDIT: ...i grabbed one so i could use high5 coils with my RDK-200 and hexnail... high5 coils seem to be the only ones to find in Canada LOL!

JCat, steama, thezatokid and 4 others like this.
  15. lazylathe

I like the rewiring! LOL!
    I noticed that your coil seems to glow hotter in one area, why do you think that happens?
    It will be impossible to see on the SV4 due to the metal cover.

JCat, steama, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  16. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...no clue? maybe it was pressed tighter to the heating block in that spot? i should test the coil bare to see if its just a hot spot? i noticed that in the pic but not in person... but i also wasn't paying attention to that..

JCat, ataxian, lazylathe and 2 others like this.
  17. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

At least you were refunded! I can't imagine how pissed you would be in MY shoes! :brow: I won't be seeing my money for at least another WEEK! Don't forget how long you waited for Ed to reply..

Yes! Not talking about the $2 SV3 thermometer (that Ed charges $30 for).... TC + stainless clamp, wired to your coil/PID so it responds to where it needs to and not the coil.

Ding Ding Ding!!! :rofl:

My glow was like a supernova!! :lol: You can still see the coil...well at least on mine you could, but it also moved around if you remember.

Where are all the other diehards that pulled the SV4 trigger??? Requested invoices but then bailed? :lol:

JCat, Alexis, ataxian and 5 others like this.
  18. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Some of us were saved by Ed's delay in responding.

JCat, Alexis, ew91 and 3 others like this.
  19. KidFated.

@biohacker you took a bullet for me, I owe ya!

So he doesn’t even offer the PID anymore?

JCat, Alexis, ataxian and 1 other person like this.
  20. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken he only offers the pid to people who do not live in Canada.

Edit: and yes it's not exactly implausible someone is out to get him. Very very very very very very very very very highly unlikely but still plausible.

Edit 2: addendum I hope and pray to God I'm wrong and there's a nut job somewhere that hates the supreme v3 because it burned his peepee.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    JCat, KidFated. and biohacker like this.
  21. duff

duff Well worn

What the hell do you guys do to PIDs up there?!!!

JCat, lazylathe, szai and 2 others like this.
  22. lazylathe

Apparently once anything crosses into the Great White North, this happens...

Click to play YouTube Video

I have ordered a PID from China and one from the States, both arrived carefully packed and in 100% working order. I am inclined to think it is the actual controller that is the problem.
    Absolutely zero information on them out there and they are relatively new and only used by a cheap Chinese enail company.

I feel confident in my controllers.

In other news!!
    @PlanetVape Comes through again!! Perfect Customer Service!!
    Ordered a flat coil this morning and it is already on it's way to me!
    Monday/Tuesday delivery!!!

JCat, Alexis, highasakite and 5 others like this.
  23. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Actually the box had no damage, and neither did the controller! If it was a shipping issue, then something must of fried on the PCB in transit. I was asked to break the controller and take a picture of it if I wanted one sent back to me without having to ship the defective one back. Yeah right, no thanks...like you Lazy, i'm inclined to think that the actual controller is the problem, cheap garbage that might work for a short time, but that's just my n=1! Looking forward to your results with the Auberins! I don't see how they couldn't be awesome? Nice job hacking the silicone! Way better!

JCat, Alexis, ew91 and 4 others like this.
  24. lazylathe

That was from Ed, I just added the video for fun!
    He says he tests everything before shipping to ensure 100% function but once it crosses the border something happens to it. Apparently he has sent some internally and they arrived working.
    So no electronics to Canada.

I am 100% confident in the Auberins, just hope it functions with the same PID settings as the GS.
    If not i will use the China controller.

JCat, Alexis, KidFated. and 1 other person like this.
  25. Mister G

Mister G Deceptively Old Fart

Well the mood has changed a bit around here...:whoa:

I've had my Supreme 4 for a week, wanted to give it a good run before reporting in here, plus just incredibly busy!

Anyways, despite all the negative reports so far in here, my S4 has performed as advertised, and maybe then some. I bought the Full Monty kit with Ed chosen components. I have pretty much zero knowledge or experience with e-nail equipment, but I found the controller the S4 comes with fine and easy to use, I like the built in timer function. It didn't glow red or malfunction in any way, perhaps I'm just lucky?

I have a great stand for the S4, it's from my Versa Infiinty (pic below). If I did not have this stand, then I would be perturbed about where to put this superhot thing, I'd figure it out. But jeeze, this glass Versa stand is pretty perfect, almost like it was made for this job.

I used the advised by Ed temp of 620, took about 5 minutes and you can watch it climb on the display. I found this temp perfect. I get the same thick and luxurious vapor quality as my S3, and more of it since the temperature remains stable. Flavor seems improved over the S3, but that could be the newness factor. ABV has great even brown color. So the mfg recommended temp was the right one for me, that's a first. On S3 I heated it to about 185-190c with the torch. I'm really liking not having to torch anymore as I'm lazy.

Ok pics:

1, 2, 3, Foops, I love supreme poops :shit:

Here's a shot of my S3 bowl and new S4 bowl and the way I now configure the washers. The one on top slips into the silicone covering the S4 stem for a tight fit. I vape on a silicone dish drying mat and use one of the many tamper tools that have come in various vape packages over the year - it's great for stuffing in ripped off nugs.

[​IMG]

Ok - here's the S4 in the Versa Infinity stand. It really does fit it perfectly and makes owning the S4 much more enjoyable. The handle doesn't get hot at all as Ed promised, although I will eventually hack a more ergonomic one onto it.

[​IMG]

Here's another angle of it showing the slot where the coil fits in. This is the latest iteration of the S4, they are no longer "hammered in" whatever that means and the coil is user replaceable (with careful handling), according to Ed. I'm sure these latest changes are in response to user feedback and the sudden trend to DIY this. I'm not opposed to that at all, but I'm lazy, and this thing works really well in my experience. I don't know anything about enails as I said, so I'm easy to please.

[​IMG]

I can't do any cloud shots, but here's a "before" picture of my Fake Taurus Incycler before filling it with Supreme vapor.

[​IMG]

Here's the aftershot:

[​IMG]

This is not the best picture, I can attest the S4 did not disappoint me in the least in terms of the same quality vapor as it's predecessor, which is the thing I care most about. The temperature stability is awesome, although I think it's making me consume more without the deterrent of laziness to torch again. Oh well, vape world problems.

My Supremes have really ruined me for other vapes. Whenever I try a different "heavy hitter", I just wonder why it can't be as good as the Supreme. Most advanced heating element in the industry can't be beat.

I'm sorry for any of you having problems, I'm not trying to gloat, just giving my honest flip side of the coin. I'm very happy with my S4 purchase.
    :mmmm:

Incariol, highasakite, duff and 12 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors