Strain "quality" and pricing per ounce

How much is too much for an ounce of grass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrewVape

The best weed in the world can be obtained for 350.. It will smell for blocks, taste better than any food, and get you euphoric for hours off one hit. That being said, nothing in a dispensary is worth over 250. The best weed should be that price.

Coming from a former grower. If i was a smoker Id say 150 tops. Because I can buy Kandy Sweetheart watermelons for 33 cents a piece, and its a once a year crop. Same with grapes. Harder to grow than pot. Weed shouldn't be expensive, its a sellers market, no one complains everyone buys and standards are low.

I can gets 8ths at the dispo for 20-60 bucks, and there's no difference in quality.. Some charge more for chemicals or less for mold.. I dunno.

DrewVape,

Rise&Solo

I guess I never realized how great we have it in CO compared to other legal states. At my dispensary there are 3 price bands, 200, 180, and 160 (ounce pricing). But I get a 10% discount because I designated my dispensary as my center of choice (i think that affects how much they can grow). Then on top of that I get an additional 10% in Customer Loyalty points that I can use any time. I like to save them up and get free ounce about once a year.

So net, net, for the top of the line I end up paying 160.

For rec users those ounce prices are approximately double and they do not get the center of choice discount, but they DO get the Customer Loyaly points.

We also do not have much pre-packaging, altough at any given time there is generally a below $100 special on pre-weighed ounces - but even those were just weighed out by the dispensary staff and put into ziplocks. But for the good stuff they have big glass jars and you can look and smell (but not touch) to your heart's content before choosing. Then watch the budista pick out buds to make your order. I always tip my budista, and since I am a regular there I get superb service.

There is no way I could ever have guessed, back when I was making the original acquaintenceship, how my college 'vice' was going to become my retirement solace.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There is an analytical company that test cannabis samples for producers and determines the THC and CBD levels etc for our state of WA. There's been numerous complaints that the THC levels are inflated. Since higher THC levels usually produce higher prices there has been an investigation going on. Hopefully our state is doing something about this ongoing problem I've been hearing about since 2015.

I always question the higher THC levels and let my body decide. Watch out for $14 grams that should be lesser priced. In your area it might be even higher.

I've read where different areas on the cannabis plant will produce different THC and CBD levels.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Rise&Solo

Here in CO, at least at my dispensary, the price bands have nothing to do with strain. They are based on, as I understand it, where on the plant the herb comes from. For example, I have seen Golden Goat in each of the three bands. I haven't been in that many dispensaries here, but I've never seen price variation by strain.

They recently (last 6 months or so) started putting the tested thc % on the labels, but I don't know that it is a requirement of the state, or how accurate it is. My dispensary does their own growing and the strains flow through the store based on their growing cycle. So if I like a strain I know it will be coming back, when they run out of it.

It is interesting how we have this thing in common, yet there is such variation in how we experience it.

Rise&Solo,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Here in CO, at least at my dispensary, the price bands have nothing to do with strain. They are based on, as I understand it, where on the plant the herb comes from. For example, I have seen Golden Goat in each of the three bands. I haven't been in that many dispensaries here, but I've never seen price variation by strain.

They recently (last 6 months or so) started putting the tested thc % on the labels, but I don't know that it is a requirement of the state, or how accurate it is. My dispensary does their own growing and the strains flow through the store based on their growing cycle. So if I like a strain I know it will be coming back, when they run out of it.

It is interesting how we have this thing in common, yet there is such variation in how we experience it.

All Colorado Rec dispos are required to submit to testing for Potency/Homogeneity Testing, Residual Solvent Analysis, and Microbial Screening.

Silver420Surfer,
Top Bottom