Strain Geeks?

Shadooz

Leafly kinda sucks imo and AllBud is sorta hit or miss, but using Google you get a lot more options especially for all the brand new strains they keep making, SeedFinder is a nice one that pops up a lot...
I have to find some indica for my next batch, the last one was highly sativa dominant sisters..
But trying to find a relevant seed is hard nowadays..
U can find review of the same seed with different effect.

Like great white shark, said to be indica by green house seeds, sedative pain reliever one. But when u check leafly, it becomes sativa dominant and uplifting...

I will maybe try one of its backcrossed descendant, the doctor

@letter never sent seedfinder is "the" datasource for lineage, i always use it for that

Last edited:

Shadooz

Almost all (maybe all) the strains mentioned in this thread are unavailable in the state of Maryland.
Not almost, all the strains mentioned in this thread are unavailable in the state of France...

But we can enjoy so many different way to cut hash here..

a true indica or sativa as they aren't cost effective to grow.

70 days of flowering vs 55 days of most GSC hybrids etc', and not as dense as all the Hybrids today... wonders why nobody grows Sativas today? :/
The American paradox, they drink bud light but vape not light bud...

As said true sativa is at least 90days.. my last batch was even more because of two late ones, ~105 days

A business of opportunist, i wait to see if some "grower house", will have worldwide reputation, to become "grower castle"

PS: admin merge my post if u can, cause i can't quote with the edit tool...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

As said true sativa is at least 90days.. my last batch was even more because of two late ones, ~105 days

A business of opportunity, i wait to see if some "grower house", will have worldwide reputation, to become "grower castle"
what it takes from a grower going with 100% sativa that needs 90-105 days of flowering? need to break the plant in the veg' stage more often then using "zip tie" for it's stability? "taking" the plant to the sides because of length issues? or more topping in the veg' stage?

Shadooz

what it takes from a grower going with 100% sativa that needs 90-105 days of flowering? need to break the plant in the veg' stage more often then using "zip tie" for it's stability? "taking" the plant to the sides because of length issues? or more topping in the veg' stage?
Indoor 600W hps, but slow sunlight veg, with over topping.
When i say over topping, i was at 16 apex by plant.

For One bud (SOG) of sativa, some go straight to 12h light time

Those seeds were old hermaphrodit, couldn't throw them, even with old lineage degeneracy.
But I've already found one seed in that new batch...

Couple years before when i'v first tried that unknown strain, i've done side training.. (to keep them small to avoid unwanted look)
thought i could end them outdoor but they never start blooming.
Then under hps, they have done a never ending stretch (×5).
I was with indoor plant, even with side training, that reach 2m50... (+8 feet in retard unit). And with small pot...

That's why the overtopping i've done these time. but still had to keep them straight because of lenght...

But as sativa, they really need good curing, still too sour (6 months from cut).
It's the issue with sativa, they need the most curing, but degenerate sooner than indica due to lower resin. Not a strain i could keep 3 years.

She's mostly sour/lemon with pepper aftertaste, nothing special, basic sativa. And i'v only vape the bottom bud (my heart can't cut all of them and so i let some of them bloom)

Last edited:

Bazinga

I take it the stone finally passed?
😂
ARB - thanks for asking !! I never saw the stone while peeing. It must have passed since the pain is gone. It's hard to imagine how painful that experience was. My newly fractured finger is my 10th broken bone. I've had both shoulders operated on (the left will need surgery again), major back surgery, a mostly severed finger reattached, a severe corneal abrasion, open heart surgery (aortic valve replacement) and 2 bad knees. None of these situations were nearly as painful as that damn kidney stone !!! Until this latest fracture and knee problem I was still playing softball and running 4 miles per day (want to run a 6k). I have confidence that within a couple of months I'll be engaging in these activities once more.

ARB thanks again for asking !!

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

Amsterdam 2012 - unfortunately I have a bunch of bad pics of flower and hash in bags from this trip.

Amsterdam 2017 - I believe the above is either a Tangie Haze or pure Tangie from Boerejongens. In the back left you can see one of their specialty crosses. (*Edit: now that I think of it and look at the acronym on the bag I think the strain was Orange, Mexican, Super Silver Haze) I think it was a mexican strain crossed with a haze and maybe something else? I never cared to carefully photo document much of what I tried in my 6 trips to Amsterdam, this is the first time I'm sorry I didn't. :p

Also 2017, of the four hashish on the left, the soft grainy stuff in the top right corner is the Tangerine G-13 hash from Boerejongens. The top left and bottom right are morrocan black hash and bottom left might be Manali indian hash. The little nugget on the right is a moonrock, no idea what variety.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Also 2017, of the four hashish on the left, the soft grainy stuff in the top right corner is the Tangerine G-13 hash from Boerejongens. The top left and bottom right are morrocan black hash and bottom left might be Manali indian hash. The little nugget on the right is a moonrock, no idea what variety.
what kind of hash is it? gloves? or some micron ice hash? heard it's excellent
the G13 is very strong indica-hybrid?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
what kind of hash is it? gloves? or some micron ice hash? heard it's excellent
the G13 is very strong indica-hybrid?
The morrocan and manali may very well be glove hash, yes. The black hashish I've tried is like 75% body high. I vaped black hash hard through an Arizer Solo V1 to see the effects and I had a clear mind but rubber legs.

G-13 definitely an Indica but I always found it to be a clear headed high with no hard crash after.

I went to amsterdam in 1999, 2003, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018.

Looking through my pics, I didn't find any cannabis pics until 2012, skipped taking pics mostly in 2016, and have some from 2017 and 2018.

In 2017 and 2018 I went for the week that straddled 4/20. This is one of the only pics from 2018 of cannabis.

Boerejongens had turned the tangie g13 into ice hash which was very strong. And you can see Mexican haze ice as well. In the back there's some Gorilla Glue hash, but the only label I can read otherwise is JH for Jack Herer. Edit: May be Blue Cookies in the middle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom