Still in the press............

max

Out to lunch
I like this comment- "Despite the need for the projected revenue, opponents say legalizing pot would only add to social woes. "The last thing we need is yet another mind-altering substance to be legalized," says John Lovell, lobbyist for the California Peace Officers' Association."

The way it alters my mind is definitely dangerous to society. I grow more calm and passive. I argue less with my wife. My driving speed decreases. I spend more time at home. Kind of the opposite effect for me that I get from alcohol, which I hardly touch these days, thanks to the availibility of illegal cannabis. Funny that the one that causes death and addiction is the one that's legal. :/

max,

lwien

max said:
Funny that the one that causes death and addiction is the one that's legal. :/
Yup. Tobacco is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. Of ALL the drugs that I have done, cigarettes was the hardest to quit.

lwien,

Beezleb

It does look good for medical weed if the new drug czar is going to be Seattle's top cop.

Even if someone could wave a magic wand and make weed legal those who were found guilty will likely remain in prison and at best they could hope for pardons but unlikely as at the time of the trial they were found guilty by a court or jury.

I really dont understand how some people can almost be militaristic in their negative view on weed but yet their are massive anti prostitution movements and yet it is legal in a few spots in NV. We Americans are freaking stupid sometimes.

Sometimes I wish the sky would fall on those who claim it is falling.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
max said:
Funny that the one that causes death and addiction is the one that's legal. :/
Yup. Tobacco is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. Of ALL the drugs that I have done, cigarettes was the hardest to quit.
Yeah, another 'legal but lethal' drug. After smoking for ten years I easily quit cold turkey. It was so easy that I thought nothing of bumming a cig two years later. Then another and another. In no time I was buying packs again and a full time smoker. Quitting again (for good) was very difficult and took me many years. Finally kicked it with auricular therapy-instantly stopped the physical addiction and I just had to deal with the mental urges.

max,

Purple-Days

Oh no, another mind altering drug made legal. Do you suppose the cop is reefering to the pharmaceutical drugs that folks are driving around wacked on? Or just the alcohol?

Anyone notice the adds that warn about sleep-driving while on certain prescription meds. Funny shit. All approved and legal...

Or how about the new cold and flu med that makes you "feel warmer, so you feel better". Hey, since when is it alright to feel better?

And if the FDA can approve those, well...

Stupid? No they aren't stupid, they are shareholders in their own special interests, and face it it's a me first world out there. :2c:

Purple-Days,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
Dangerous drugs:

Caffeine - manic mood elevation (i.e. road rage)
Nicotine (highly addicting and delivered in a cancer-causing agent-tobacco)
Sugar (mood altering and tooth destroying-not to mention adult-onset diabetes and obesity)
Alcohol - too obvious to even note
OTC allergy medication - drowsing, or hyperactivity
Prescripton pain medication

And what about just plain old lack of sleep, being in love, or other mood-altering activities??

I'm shocked that the government doesn't favor marijuana for its opiate-like qualities. When have we ever heard of a mass of angry people stoned on pot rising against the oppressive class??

Get a fucking clue. The other thing that drives me nuts is the people in the front lines of government (legislators, governers, etc) are mostly people in their 40's - 60's. They grew up with pot. According to the statistics, almost half of them have tried it. Why is there still such a stigma in this society??

Makes me so mad I want to glow up a bowl!:p

Phaang,

lwien

Attorney General Signals Shift In Marijuana Policy

by The Associated Press

NPR.org, March 18, 2009 Attorney General Eric Holder signaled a change in medical marijuana policy Wednesday, saying federal agents will target marijuana distributors only when they violate both federal and state law.
That would be a departure from the Bush administration, which targeted medical marijuana dispensaries in California even if they complied with that state's law.
"The policy is to go after those people who violate both federal and state law," Holder said in a question-and-answer session with reporters at the Justice Department.
California law permits the sale of marijuana for medical purposes, though it still is against federal law.
Holder did not spell out exactly who no longer would face the prospect of raids by the Drug Enforcement Administration. But he was quick to add that law enforcement officers will target anyone who tries to "use medical marijuana laws as a shield" for illegal activity.
"Given the limited resources that we have, our focus will be on people, organizations that are growing, cultivating substantial amounts of marijuana and doing so in a way that's inconsistent with federal and state law," the attorney general said.
Advocates and government officials had been waiting since President Obama was sworn into office for a clear signal on what the new president's drug policy would be toward medical marijuana. As a candidate, he repeatedly promised a change in policy in situations in which state laws allow the use of medical marijuana.
Yet shortly after Obama took office, DEA agents raided four dispensaries in Los Angeles, prompting confusion about the government's plans.
Thirteen states have laws permitting medicinal use of marijuana. California is unique among them for the presence of dispensaries, which are businesses that sell marijuana and even advertise their services. Legal under California law, such dispensaries are still illegal under federal law.
---------------------------------------------

So, federal and state laws are no longer in conflict. They will only go after those that break BOTH federal AND state laws. NICE.........makin' some progress here.

But, if you're gonna grow pot for medicinal purposes, you can't be an idiot and do it near a school. Man, if you're gonna go into the bud business, read the 'effin laws>>>>> http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october192007/keizer_bust_101907.php?message=1#comments
Scroll to top.

lwien,

lwien

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/miron.legalization.drugs/index.html

What I don't get is why most people refuse to see the logic in this.

But hey, those same people who refuse to see the logic in this ALSO refuse to see the logic in gays having the right to marry.

The old guard is just gonna have to die of old age, for the new guard to take over...........but I also have no doubt that the new guard will also have their share of problems to deal with as they become the old guard. And around and round we go..............:ko:

btw, I saw Megan McCain on Larry King last night and she kinda talked about the same thing regarding the Republican Party, and it was REALLY refreshing for it's gonna take a new generation to take that party BACK to what it once was, rather than what it has recently become, if that makes any sense.

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I was in court today for some BS...but its sad to see people get tickets for MJ. like you can tell that half or 1/3 of the people that worked in the court house were def. stoney fucks that repped that 420 in their lungs. ahh I guess thats just my town tho...has that sorta 'population' for stoners. double edged sword

hopefully the times will change for the better...I cant wait to toke a fat vapor cloud in a cops face :brow: its not really a matter of 'could' anymore..its a matter of when :)

:peace:

freetheweed

Hennessy1414,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
lwien said:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/miron.legalization.drugs/index.html

What I don't get is why most people refuse to see the logic in this.

But hey, those same people who refuse to see the logic in this ALSO refuse to see the logic in gays having the right to marry.

The old guard is just gonna have to die of old age, for the new guard to take over...........but I also have no doubt that the new guard will also have their share of problems to deal with as they become the old guard. And around and round we go..............:ko:

btw, I saw Megan McCain on Larry King last night and she kinda talked about the same thing regarding the Republican Party, and it was REALLY refreshing for it's gonna take a new generation to take that party BACK to what it once was, rather than what it has recently become, if that makes any sense.
This is what I don't get: the "Old Guard" isn't really that old, again, these cats were around when pot rose up, half of them smoked or tried it. Why is it still so politically suicidal to stand up for decrim/legalization??

But then, I don't put my real name, and I sure as hell don't want my company know I vape. [shrug]

Phaang,

lwien

Phaang said:
This is what I don't get: the "Old Guard" isn't really that old, again, these cats were around when pot rose up, half of them smoked or tried it. Why is it still so politically suicidal to stand up for decrim/legalization??

But then, I don't put my real name, and I sure as hell don't want my company know I vape. [shrug]
Ya Phaang, I'm a member of that "Old Guard", but ya gotta understand, us hippies back in the day were in the minority. It was "us" against the majority, also known then as the "establishment", and that battle is STILL being fought today, be it in gay rights, marijuana rights, stem cell research, separation between church and state, environmental issues, etc etc etc.

We've got a President now that's part of the "New Guard" and I think over the next 4 to 8 years, we're gonna see a lot of changes, but even he, is still bucking up against the "Old Guard" establishment and certain things are just gonna take awhile.

lwien,

lwien

Larry King on CNN.............. tonight. Panel discussion on the legalization of MJ.

Man, this has been hitting the news a LOT lately.

lwien,
Top Bottom