Stem Milk: How much is too much?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
So...over the past couple of months I've ended up with quite a bit of stems & condensers that have lots of goodness in them. I have 5 vapcap condensers that are all getting pretty plump and ready to be harvested as well as 4 Milaana stems, a couple of which I've had for 5 months. I also have a down-stem from my WP which I use anhydrously and two J Hooks that are collecting visible 'honey'.

I've got the recipe of using 2 cups of milk, heating up with the stems in the pan until the milk begins to simmer, remove rinse and clean stems/condensers, and make hot chocolate out of the milk.

It would seem that putting all of the 'stems' in once might be imprudent. But how many is too many?

Could I use Half & Half instead and use it for coffee over time? If so, how long would something like that last?

This forum has some of the smartest people I know-the hive mind intelligence here is off the charts so I'm confident I'll get great advice.

TIA

zor

I don't think this is a question any of us can answer objectively. There are many variables to consider when trying to dose, edibles have a few more than flower (per my experience) such as how full your stomach is.

How well do you handle edibles? What is your tolerance like in general? So on and so on. Personally, I'm not a fan of directly dissolving reclaim into a comestible, I'd rather collect it all in EtOH, evaporate it off, and then measure out capsules relative to the weight of the reclaim. Still doesn't help if one batch is stronger than another until I've tried a cap or two :(

Anyway, my advice to you is to start with the cleanest stem under the assumption that what you see is directly correlated with potency, unless you are an edible warrior and wanna test your limits :)

Tranquility

Too much is very subjective but my rule of thinking is "is it fun?" Start from that question and go deeper.
That question can change quickly with edibles.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/im-a-chicken-nugget?utm_term=.ptP3dPqOoN#.kgDAoPdB4x

sub-buzz-29394-1487780180-18.png

Deleted Member 1643

Stem milk. :hmm:

Can one milk the stems of the living plant, like poppies? :suspicious:

Or, is it prepared from freshly harvested stems? :uhh:

Never, did this occur. :party:

Why not do it all at once, in the smallest volume possible? You can always dilute, but you can't concentrate. Just test a small, measured amount.

But, why milk?

zor

Stem milk. :hmm:
But, why milk?

Assumption is that the OP is using whole milk, thc is lipid/fat soluble, milk acts as the carrier, reclaim is mostly/completely decarbed so the the is absorbed through your GI tract and can cross the blood-brain barrier.

There's a ton of great knowledge here about edibles if you want to learn more.

beyond6strings

As per usual wonderful insight and helpful information. As to edibles in general, I will only do 15-20mg and still go out and about. Anything more than that and I stay home. To me it's the difference between having a Jack Daniels on the rocks vs. having a pint of ale. One involves leaving the car keys in the drawer.

So, it looks like I'm going to go out and get some Ovaltine and milk and have some hot chocolate before bed this weekend.

As to why milk? It was suggested by George from Dynavap on his last Dynavap Live stream. And yes it has to do with the fat and lipids.

Deleted Member 1643

As to why milk? It was suggested by George from Dynavap on his last Dynavap Live stream. And yes it has to do with the fat and lipids.

Just meant why milk instead of fat alone. Clarified butter is often used, but never heard of using whole milk. Does it dissolve better in water?

Deleted Member 1643,

szai

Just meant why milk instead of fat alone. Clarified butter is often used, but never heard of using whole milk. Does it dissolve better in water?
Because your using the milk to clean the stem, condenser or pipe.

szai,

beyond6strings

@Accept "why milk instead of fat alone?" Cuz I'm gonna drink the milk and not cook with it. Almost all my edible use is at night when if something 'bad' happens I can just sleep it off.

And I'm intending this as a sleep aid-something I struggle with mightily. Warm milk is also a mild sedative due to the tryptophan.

MinnBobber

uz I'm gonna drink the milk and not cook with it.
I love milkfat for reclaim. I'd make it as strong as possible, like @Accept said, you can always dilute.
I use at least "half and half" or that with some heavy cream added as cannabinoids need the fat to infuse better.
I aim for very low simmer temp and soak the stems until you see the goo is gone :)

Then I'd start out with small doses like a couple TBSP of the infused cream and work up from there.

I find infusing cream for hot chocolate to be a very effective, very easy technique to get the goodies

beyond6strings

It’s kind of another crappy day here-windy and cold. And bleh. So I decided it was time to clean my vaporizers. I’ve never cleaned the glass stems on the Milaana, and I usually clean my Dynavaps once a week or so in ISO. But I’d read about ‘reclaim’, ‘vapor honey’, and ‘stem milk’ so I let things build up over the past couple of weeks.

I put all four of the Milaana's glass stems and three Dynavap condensers with tips into a cup and a bit more of whole milk, just enough to fully cover the glass stems, and ‘stewed’ it on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the residue was visibly gone from inside the item. It turned the milk a honey colored gold. Almost like I added saffron. Thanks @VapCap for the idea during a Dynavap Live a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry George, I take full responsibility for the outcome.

I took everything out, rinsed everything in hot water, and then soaked it in soapy water for 20 minutes while I finished making and drinking the hot chocolate. I spent the next 40 minutes cleaning, rinsing and re-assembling everything. It’s now about an hour later and it’s starting to come on in a big way. Gotta big shit eating grin on my face, a bunch of nice guitars within arm’s length, and some movies I’ve not seen. I believe this is going to be a fun ride. Wish me luck.

C No Ego

It’s kind of another crappy day here-windy and cold. And bleh. So I decided it was time to clean my vaporizers. I’ve never cleaned the glass stems on the Milaana, and I usually clean my Dynavaps once a week or so in ISO. But I’d read about ‘reclaim’, ‘vapor honey’, and ‘stem milk’ so I let things build up over the past couple of weeks.

I put all four of the Milaana's glass stems and three Dynavap condensers with tips into a cup and a bit more of whole milk, just enough to fully cover the glass stems, and ‘stewed’ it on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the residue was visibly gone from inside the item. It turned the milk a honey colored gold. Almost like I added saffron. Thanks @VapCap for the idea during a Dynavap Live a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry George, I take full responsibility for the outcome.

I took everything out, rinsed everything in hot water, and then soaked it in soapy water for 20 minutes while I finished making and drinking the hot chocolate. I spent the next 40 minutes cleaning, rinsing and re-assembling everything. It’s now about an hour later and it’s starting to come on in a big way. Gotta big shit eating grin on my face, a bunch of nice guitars within arm’s length, and some movies I’ve not seen. I believe this is going to be a fun ride. Wish me luck.

first time great edible experience for me was big grin for two days LOL... hopefully you had a nice time :)

beyond6strings

first time great edible experience for me was big grin for two days LOL... hopefully you had a nice time :)

This was close to a two day experience. But I'd planned for that. And hey, I've been pain free for nearly 72 hours. Pretty happy about that. I can't remember the last time I didn't hurt for three days.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Fun story to read, had a feeling it would end like that with all those stems!
I've just done my lotus j-hook and water adaptor plus some cotton fibre that was in there as a filter. Its probably had about 6g of varying strength flower through it.
For fear of it not being enough (and laziness), I tend to let my stems gunk a bit too long and stem day is always a day I need to know I won't be needed anywhere other than at home.

chlorophyll_man,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom