Spice lands 13 year old in hospital

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:o he smoked it out of a pez dispenser?! Won't that be the problem and why his lungs are burned? Over here at least they're made of plastic.

Never tried this shit, and doesn't sound nice to me, but this still sounds bit alike the news media spinning the story. (edit to add; in fairness they so only say 'parents blame synthetic pot')

WatTyler,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
WatTyler said:
:o he smoked it out of a pez dispenser?! Won't that be the problem and why his lungs are burned? Over here at least they're made of plastic.

Never tried this shit, and doesn't sound nice to me, but this still sounds bit alike the news media spinning the story.

Me neither. No desire to either. Glad it was spice tho and not weed (reputation), because its obvious that the burning plastic was the real reason he got all jacked up

JDSupreme,

Sour Deez

The kid is an idiot. I bet he did more damage smoking the plastic then the spice.

Sour Deez,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
WatTyler said:

Never tried this shit, and doesn't sound nice to me, but this still sounds bit alike the news media spinning the story. (edit to add; in fairness they so only say 'parents blame synthetic pot')

Yeah, I have smoked the synthetic crap a few times, once back when it first was popular (jwh018) and a couple times in recent months. I have decided personally against smoking, or otherwise ingesting it...I wont go so far as to say that I think it is deadly, but I know it didnt do me any good. My brother OTOH, smokes it daily, most all day, aside from when working. He has noticed zero issues, and has had his fair history with different substances. The only thing he notices, is a buildup in his lungs, which is the same as what he deals with when smoking cigarettes.

As for this story, I'd say that the plastic fumes, were more than likely the chief causes of his illness, and not so much the spice. But smoking anything isn't good, especially at a young, developing age.

Just my :2c: after reading this story, and seeing numerous friends still alive and kicking, having used this for extended periods of time.

Purpl3_Haz3,

djonkoman

yeah children sometimes smoke stupid stuff, I myself took a hit from a burning roll of cardboard when I was 6-7 or so...

djonkoman,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
A mate of mine, back when we were about 11 years old, tried smoking a tampon once (an unused one of course). Didn't work but was funny as fuck to see him try! Well it was funny when you're 11 anyway...

wilf789,

Qbit

cannabanana
wilf789 said:
A mate of mine, back when we were about 11 years old, tried smoking a tampon once ...

Yeah Bill Clinton did something like that too.

Qbit,

rockynh

That stuff was popular for a while among some people I knew a couple years back. A guy at a local headshop would hand out a sample packet with a bong sale above a certain price or what have you. There were lots of varieties, if I recall, the most popular called 'K2.' I didn't find K2 particularly unpleasant, just not as good as the genuine article.
There were a few others, though, that were quite a bit worse. 'Space' was the worst, the most common symptom being not feeling your legs for hours on end. Instant smoke-able paraplegia... awesome! :uhoh:

rockynh,

Troi

Articles like this make me sick (merged)

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...signer-drug-evident-for-Pa-family-1765942.php

First of all, I am not that big of a fan of the synthetic marijuanna out there but this article is absolutley rediculouse, first of all, the reason this kid is on a resporator, is beause he is a idiot. HE smoked plastic, that is what is causing harm to his lungs. However the author of this article decides to write in a way casting a bad light on marijuanna, sythetic marijuanna, rather this article should focus on the fact that this kid decided to smoke out of plastic, and should make everyone aware that smoking through plastic. Rather then turning this into anti drug rhetoric, i think the parents and the doctors need to focus more on rasing the public awareness of the actual mistake rather then using this kids mistake for their agenda. Sickening...

Troi,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
Troi said:
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...signer-drug-evident-for-Pa-family-1765942.php

First of all, I am not that big of a fan of the synthetic marijuanna out there but this article is absolutley rediculouse, first of all, the reason this kid is on a resporator, is beause he is a idiot. HE smoked plastic, that is what is causing harm to his lungs. However the author of this article decides to write in a way casting a bad light on marijuanna, sythetic marijuanna, rather this article should focus on the fact that this kid decided to smoke out of plastic, and should make everyone aware that smoking through plastic. Rather then turning this into anti drug rhetoric, i think the parents and the doctors need to focus more on rasing the public awareness of the actual mistake rather then using this kids mistake for their agenda. Sickening...

im sure smoking out of a plastic pez dispenser was his 1st mistake, but i kind of actually think that that "K2 synthetic ganja" stuff is bad for health...ive seen/heard warnings about it before...

but, in general, i believe that synthetic anything is USUALLY not as good as natural...

they should consider banning the synthetic stuff & legalize the real stuff because the only reason people are probably messing with the fake stuff is because it may be too difficult for them to get the real stuff...chemical burns in your lungs = bad.

also, this kids in 8th grade (13-14yrs old - thats pretty young to think about certain things), so they shouldnt be using anything in the first place, but also they may be too young to really think about the harmful consequences of what they do...

or maybe he got ripped off & thought he was getting some real stuff (ive never really seen the fake buds in person, so i dont know how easy/hard it is to distinguish)...but smoking out of PEZ? thats crazy...

akwardsauce,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Wow. :disgust:

They go on and on about the synthetic shit and barely even mention the point of smoking out of... plastic? I don't... what? It is more than obvious that is what hurt the kid. :/ Disgusting how they exploit an unfortunate event to attack something besides the point. Thats like blaming a dangerous car for someone crashing it completely hammered.

Dr. Robert Whipkey said:
"It's 10 times as potent as run-of-the-mill marijuana and hits the brain so hard it creates other problems."

Thats some fine scientific calculating Dr. 10 times, what a convenient number. :rolleyes:

Ripbongs420,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
In my country we got a group of freaked feminized ladies.. calling themselves "Mothers against dope"..
And they are spreading propaganda that mj cause scizophrenia on 40% of the users.. And that you begin by smoking it but you end injecting it in your eye... :lol:.. Also they are speaking that crap non stop on TV..
Even our president admited that he is using... but he was using it only because that was his duty as a president to smoke with other world leaders in order to achieve more friendly relation... And he will quit using as soon as his mandate ends :lol::cool::brow: If you dont believe me just read.. Google translate is crap but you will get the most of it :) .. http://translate.google.bg/translat...=1&u=http://izbori2011.bg/index.php?news=3021
I love my country.. but laws here are only for the ordinary people... and this is not a secret.. The President of the country is admitting that he is using illegal substances.. on government money.. while other go in prison for a few g of weed.
Also have to add those legal high crap is sold .. freely in shops cheaper than MJ.. and street dope..
You can meet 2c family,Mephedrone,JWH-family, All plant extracts you can imagine.. , A friend of mine is having fun testing all those shit.. thats how i know what it is in there.. -bk MDMA, some less harmful meth substitutes..
LOL...

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ :o wow, is that for real abysmal?

Interesting story. And strange picture choice- they're trying to say something about him :lol: Not many leaders would be photo'd like that!
thumbnail.php

Your prime minister implies that some of the 'sessions' with the President included Merkel and Putin! I find that a struggle to accept. But your President sounds like the man! It's better than Clinton's 'I did not inhale...' attitude.

I can't help but wonder if Bush and Blair had rolled a cone instead of launching a drone.........

Maybe free dope for our world leaders, regardless of the legality for the rest of us, would still make the planet a better place.

WatTyler,

Abysmal Vapor

Yep we all was shocked.. but it is last year of his second mandate(last) so... that is why he shared i think.. He said he is against decriminalization or legalization because everyone will become junkies..

Abysmal Vapor,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
This incident happened in my city. I saw it on the local news a few weeks back and started a thread on it. Ugh, of course the news report blamed synthetic weed but in the very last line of the corresponding article online they tell you that the fucking idiot smoked it out of a pez dispenser. Typical.

Lines like "Smoking the artificial marijuana out of a plastic container adds toxic gases to the deadly mixture, he said."

Spice is not good for you by any means but we all know this kid was in the hospital for inhaling burnt plastic

JDSupreme,

djonkoman

Abysmal Vapor said:
In my country we got a group of freaked feminized ladies.. calling themselves "Mothers against dope"..
And they are spreading propaganda that mj cause scizophrenia on 40% of the users.. And that you begin by smoking it but you end injecting it in your eye... :lol:.. Also they are speaking that crap non stop on TV..
Even our president admited that he is using... but he was using it only because that was his duty as a president to smoke with other world leaders in order to achieve more friendly relation... And he will quit using as soon as his mandate ends :lol::cool::brow: If you dont believe me just read.. Google translate is crap but you will get the most of it :) .. http://translate.google.bg/translat...=1&u=http://izbori2011.bg/index.php?news=3021
I love my country.. but laws here are only for the ordinary people... and this is not a secret.. The President of the country is admitting that he is using illegal substances.. on government money.. while other go in prison for a few g of weed.
Also have to add those legal high crap is sold .. freely in shops cheaper than MJ.. and street dope..
You can meet 2c family,Mephedrone,JWH-family, All plant extracts you can imagine.. , A friend of mine is having fun testing all those shit.. thats how i know what it is in there.. -bk MDMA, some less harmful meth substitutes..
LOL...

now I want to vape with putin... wonder how he's high :lol:

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

I wanna do some vapebonging with Putin ,Muammar Gaddafi and Silvio Berlusconi.. and may be Prince Charles with Elizabeth II ...

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom