smoke/vapor question

gettin lifted

psychonaut
first off i want to apologize for floodinng the Ask FC forum with questions. i would also like to thank everyone thats helped me out thus far.

if you don't know or if you've forgot, i had some tolerance issues after using synthetic cannabinoids for a while. i'm getting back to what would be normal for me but i have noticed something.

it seems that lately when i vape i get a slight high. i do all my vaping at my house, usually by myself. the past few days i've been going over to a co-worker's house and smoking through his bong and/or gravity bong. i get a heavier feeling from smoking (obviously, but i seem to be much much higher smoking then i've been getting vaping at my house.) we both have the same weed dealer and the same weed at the moment so that's not it. he even came over last night and brought his gravity bong and we used that and again i seemed to be much higher for longer. so it can't be a set and setting type of placebo.

i'm not new to vaping, i've been a proud ssv owner for almost a year now. before my jwh use my vaporizer got me much higher then smoking my weed did.

so here is what i'm thinking. i must not be vaping at a high enough temp to release these other cannabinoids that are affecting my high as i would get with smoking. i'm thinking my brain reacts better to the higher temp cannabinoids because it was so used to the super cannabinoid jwh that i was using way to much. also i guess my body was used to me smoking that synthetic stuff and not vaping so that might play into it as well. what do you think?

have any of you experienced this?

gettin lifted,

Nycdeisel

Your too used to smoking! I used to notice the same thing, that smoking gave a me a more fucked up type of high, that had a longer burn out period. Now when I smoke(pretty rare for me) I get pretty high but only for a short while, which sucks, so not only would I have to endure the smoke, I need to use even more herb!

Nycdeisel,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
Nycdeisel said:
Your too used to smoking! I used to notice the same thing, that smoking gave a me a more fucked up type of high, that had a longer burn out period. Now when I smoke(pretty rare for me) I get pretty high but only for a short while, which sucks, so not only would I have to endure the smoke, I need to use even more herb!

luckily for me he coughed up his weed all 3 times we smoked in the past few days so i got to save mine.

but i guess you're right i'm too used to smoking. i guess it's the burnt out effect that i'm noticing as being high for longer. i don't know, this whole thing has been one weird situation.

thanks for your input.

gettin lifted,

Nycdeisel

Dont worry man, It took me a while, and I mean a while, to come to that conclusion myself, I was confused for a while.

When I smoke, its SO damn harsh on my throat, its usually not worth it.

Nycdeisel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
have you thought about a vape like a vapeman or a vaporgenie, or any that require a lighter?

i found that getting the full range all at once has a much more profound effect than using a much higher dosage, but not getting them all at once.

OO,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
OO said:
have you thought about a vape like a vapeman or a vaporgenie, or any that require a lighter?

i found that getting the full range all at once has a much more profound effect than using a much higher dosage, but not getting them all at once.

i would but i'm happy with my ssv and iolite. i'm just gonna have to take a real tolerance break. which i will hopefully stick to after this bag is gone.

gettin lifted,

OO

Technical Skeptical
you're happy with it?

didn't you just say that they weren't working for you?

OO,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I have gone through the same experience as u have gettiifted. Although I didn't realize that it was the jwh that basically doubled+ my tolerance, until I reAd about your experiences. In my case I only used about 7g of stuff that is similar k2 incense. I used it exclusively for two weeks. It still took about two months and a two week t break to get me back to "normal".

I thought I was using more due to stress, trying out new equipment, and sharing with friends. However, all of that can't account for the entire increased amount.

I used to think that jwh would be a great go between, when I was dry, or traveling, or wanting something slightly different. This was about the same time I "discovered" vaping. Now I can effectively reuse my supply over and over again - collecting kief, vaping, harvesting buildup, using abv, etc. Bottom line is I don't have dry periods anymore, and vaping doesnt stink everything up when I travel. When I want something different now I got choices. No more jwh for me!

notmyrealUSERname,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
OO said:
you're happy with it?

didn't you just say that they weren't working for you?

yes im normally very happy with it. i used synthetic cannabinoids for a while and really down regulated my receptors and now it seems i get higher smoking then vaping. its just the jwh i used really hurt my thc tolerance. ill need a big tolerance break to get my receptors rebuilt then ill be all good.

i was just curious as to why smoking would cause me to get higher then vaping with my high tolerance. it was the other way around before i used synthetic cannabinoids.

gettin lifted,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
notmyrealUSERname said:
I have gone through the same experience as u have gettiifted. Although I didn't realize that it was the jwh that basically doubled+ my tolerance, until I reAd about your experiences. In my case I only used about 7g of stuff that is similar k2 incense. I used it exclusively for two weeks. It still took about two months and a two week t break to get me back to "normal".

I thought I was using more due to stress, trying out new equipment, and sharing with friends. However, all of that can't account for the entire increased amount.

I used to think that jwh would be a great go between, when I was dry, or traveling, or wanting something slightly different. This was about the same time I "discovered" vaping. Now I can effectively reuse my supply over and over again - collecting kief, vaping, harvesting buildup, using abv, etc. Bottom line is I don't have dry periods anymore, and vaping doesnt stink everything up when I travel. When I want something different now I got choices. No more jwh for me!

im reading more and more about people who have experienced the same. i found a really sad story about a guy that vaporized pure jwh for 6 months straight until he basically couldn't afford it anymore. he was going through about a gram a day which is a crazy amount but do to his tolerance thats what he needed to stay high all day. according to this man he had bad withdrawl symptoms that lasted a few weeks and then he couldn't catch a buzz off of weed. he then needed a 3 month t-break to rebuild his severely down regulated receptor sites.

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom