Small portable ceramic ring heater

daddy

New to the community and been reading quite a bit on the firewood, tetra, and nomad threads and have been inspired to give it a go on my end.

I’m after a low key micro dose vape. I really enjoy my simrell mvs but it’s a tad sketchy in public.Kicking around an idea of a really low key device to take a few rips.

I am thinking about having a battery powered wood block with a glass style one hitter that you can fill and then drop down into the chamber. The glass tube will sit inside the ceramic ring and you could power the device and take a few rips.

Some potential issues are combustion and bud dropping down into the chamber causing to get dirty.

I mean I could also just get a use a dynavap and just make a heater for that.

This idea could also be terrible and I could just get a pax lol but what fun is that!
H8cf01f1d210e4ab2ac2e5758d19e06943.jpg_720x720q50.jpg

ClusFcuk

are you familiar with tinymight, I use mine as a 1-2 hitter

palm sized, 18650 battery,
with stainless heater, not ceramic
with glass stem inserted into heating area

ClusFcuk,
Reactions: gloeck79

daddy

I’ve seen it, never used one. I’ll see if I can’t find a tear down and check out the internals.

daddy,

daddy

The thing with conduction based heaters for dynavap is that there is too much heat transfered to the viton o-ring area,which makes it a potential offgas hazard.
temperature_ranges.gif
Yikes I didn’t know that. Wonder if they ever thought of doing some sort of compression fitting.

daddy,

gloeck79

I have been looking at them for awhile. I heard the reliability isn't great, but that was early on when they were just coming out. Has that gotten better and I have heard mix reviews but again on the reliability or getting one was hard to get too. Now I'm sure easier, anyway thanks in advance for response.

I'll end up getting one I think maybe black Friday lol.

gloeck79,
Reactions: Kaptan

Kaptan

Early TM units did have some issues with drop in current due to metal contact points that have oxidized or were no longer making proper contact. The newer units that are being produced now do not have these issues. I have an older model that had a contact issue that was easily remedied and the problem has not resurfaced in 2 years. If you do plan on getting one, they are generally available with no wait at this time and they never have had discount codes or discounts for any holidays.

JaaCeeDee

I've had mine for almost a year, hasn't let me down, simple to use, easy to keep clean, hits hard & fast!

Been thinking of getting another, backup, even the 7-10 days that a repair/replacement would be difficult without it!

gloeck79

Early TM units did have some issues with drop in current due to metal contact points that have oxidized or were no longer making proper contact. The newer units that are being produced now do not have these issues. I have an older model that had a contact issue that was easily remedied and the problem has not resurfaced in 2 years. If you do plan on getting one, they are generally available with no wait at this time and they never have had discount codes or discounts for any holidays.
Awesome, thanks for the knowledge. Yeah I wasn't sure if they had discounts or not. I'll probably get one when I get some money. Thanks again 😉

Top Bottom