Silicone tubing quality?

pallfy

Can I use any cheap silicone tubing I find on ebay? Its advertised as food grade and able to take temperatures up to 300c.

I'm attaching it to a glass adapter connected to my mighty vaporizer.

Anyone know if this okay?

pallfy,

Razshiro

The only whip i'm using it's the Arizer extreme Q or the SSV whip. I don't trust the silicon used on ebay, just my :2c:;)!

MoltenTiger

Arizer list a great quality silicone whip for the EQ, it's a good diameter and is versatile, I'm almost sure it'll interface with the Mighty's mouthpiece. It fits a DynaVap M snugly and can be stretched over a grasshopper mouthpice, if that's any indication.

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/

They are currently running a 25% off sale too, but I've bought from a local shop so it could be worth shopping around to save on shipping depending on where you are.

Alternatively, 7th Floor sell a non-siloxane whip that comes in a range of nice colours. Unfortunately it's probably too wide for the Mighty.

It might be worth a read up on siloxane, or silicone as it is marketed.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4884743/

In my opinion it is definitely worthwhile sourcing a quality material considering the nature of vaping. Silicone whips absorb the oils that condense inside them, causing smell and potentially an unhygienic vapour path. They are also commonly unable to cope with the heats required with vaporising.
It's a relatively safe material, but IME it needs replacing quite often and is impossible to properly clean.

The key advantage with premium options like the Arizer whip, is the smoothness of the inner bore and the purity of the material.

If you want silicone, that's your best choice.

IME the best whip is the 7th Floor SSV whip though, which does not absorb oils and is extremely smoothly bored.

pallfy

Arizer list a great quality silicone whip for the EQ, it's a good diameter and is versatile, I'm almost sure it'll interface with the Mighty's mouthpiece. It fits a DynaVap M snugly and can be stretched over a grasshopper mouthpice, if that's any indication.

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/

They are currently running a 25% off sale too, but I've bought from a local shop so it could be worth shopping around to save on shipping depending on where you are.

Alternatively, 7th Floor sell a non-siloxane whip that comes in a range of nice colours. Unfortunately it's probably too wide for the Mighty.

It might be worth a read up on siloxane, or silicone as it is marketed.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4884743/

In my opinion it is definitely worthwhile sourcing a quality material considering the nature of vaping. Silicone whips absorb the oils that condense inside them, causing smell and potentially an unhygienic vapour path. They are also commonly unable to cope with the heats required with vaporising.
It's a relatively safe material, but IME it needs replacing quite often and is impossible to properly clean.

The key advantage with premium options like the Arizer whip, is the smoothness of the inner bore and the purity of the material.

If you want silicone, that's your best choice.

IME the best whip is the 7th Floor SSV whip though, which does not absorb oils and is extremely smoothly bored.

Thx, I actually ordered a glass water adapter for my mighty, so a larger whip is needed anyway. I already bought a cheap $3 silicone tube on ebay. They state it can take up to 300c temperature. And I've read (in this article) that silicone is easy to clean with rubbing alcohol, althought many ppl on this forum said its not safe to use iso with silicone, and people go on to say its hard to clean like u have.

I found this great thread about whips mentioned by a mod. In it one person says PTFE Tubing is the best. @Pyr0 They also mention that it doesent matter much how the silicone has been cured, rather if its food/med grade and the given temperature range.

I think I will try out that cheap food grade silicone I got coming on ebay, and order a cheap PTFE tubing next from ebay too. Both coming from China, the land of quality.

My biggest wonder still is which material leechs the vapor the least, that article says silicone wont absorb as much as pvc, but where does ptfe stand in that regard. And which is easier to clean I wonder.

pallfy,
Top Bottom