Shelby Vaporizer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Shelby_Noir_DH_Dry_Herb_Vaporizer_NTC.jpg
I
Shelby_Noir_DH.jpg

I shot an e-mail to shelbyvaporizers.com and still waiting to hear on how does convection happens cause to me it seems it is hybrid at best,most probably conductions. Also what is that secret insulation material,lol... The design is a bit explicit,especially the rasta version,lol.. https://vapesourcing.com/shelby-noir-dh-kit.html
- you can get it here for 100 euro.
Let's welcome Shelby Noir DH Kit, which features Japanese Made NTC with extremely sensitive and efficient for double security guarantee, and ambient temperature collected every 0.02 second. Different from traditional thermal insulation materials, the Noir DH Kit adopts the thermal insulation material in the German aviation military field, which is 3mm thick and can block 77% of the 5009F heat. Besides, Noir kit comes with heat recovery system design for faster heating, the airflow enters from the top and side, taking away the heat inside the machine, and then flows to the mouth piece from the "Noir" inside. What's more, convection vaporization can provides full flavor and perfect reduction, the herbal material does not directly touch the heat source. Instead, vaporization is achieved by pass eated air through the material, extracting the active ingredients. Noir is powered by 2500mah built-in battery and only 40mins charging time.
Brand: Shelby

Features

• NTC(Negative Temperature Coefficient)

-Japanese Made NTC

-Double NTC security guarantee

-Extremely sensitive and efficient.

-The ambient temperature collected every 0.02 seconds.

• Thermal Insulation Materials

-Non-commercial thermal insulation materials in the German aviation military field.

-No thermal insulation dust pollution.

-3mm thick and can block 77% of the 500℉ heat.

• Stainless Steel Oven

-316 ss in the medical field and meet food-grade standards.

-Nano-level electroplating process to form a dense electroplated layer.

-Heat transfer speed is 6 times that of traditional ceramics.

• 2500mah battery capacity, about 40mins charging time

• 500℉ maximum temperature and 18s quickest reached

• Heat recovery system design for faster heating

• Convection heating, flavor perfect reduction

• Multiple protections

Physical Parameter:

Size: 97 x 35 x 21mm

Battery: 2500mah

Voltage Range: 4.2V-3.3V

Color: Bob Marley Black, Rainbow Glass Ochre, Silver Glass Black, Carbon Fiber Ochre

shelbyvaporizersise_720x.jpg
shelbyvaporizer_xq2.jpg

shelbyvaporizercashu.jpg
shelbyvaporizer_xq3.jpg

There are also videos on youtube .

blackstone

Sooo, they made a big and clunky Pax?

I like how under the grinder tool it says "For tobacco use only, obviously" while the button is a pot leaf and it has Bob Marley on it. :mental:
I'm not seeing anything unique/new in this device so far.
Also, marketing language is not looking impressive.

The Pax 3 had a lip sensing feature to boost the temperature when you took a draw, and you could feel it working with the oven being fast at heating.
It was to get around the temperature drop of conduction vapes on inhaling.
This device here seems to measure the ambient air coming in and the temperature near the bowl, and they mention the rate that it takes samples at (every 0.02 seconds so, 50 times per second?) and probably makes decisions what to do with the heater based on these readings.
Hard to see if it's hybrid or convection, it seems to warm up the air some bit on the way in.
I think the Aromed and maybe the Herbalizer were convection vapes that used to electrically compensate for the heat lost during inhale somehow or other, but I've never seen ambient/incoming air temperature sensing on a mainstream portable I think.
That part is kinda interesting. It could help consistency a lot if it worked right.

I've seen "DH kit" appear now on a few other not impressive looking marketing features, I think it means Dry Herb kit.
Hope that the special military aircraft insulation doesn't smell like an old cockpit, or anything else!

MoltenTiger

This looks alright. Good to see a product considering thermal insulation, very impotant for a portable to offer this.

But the proof is in the pudding, how it actually performs is most important.

The temp steps are interesting. I suppose the high might be intended and only suited for concentrates as 250°C is combustion territory. 235°C would be a nice max limit for flower, but it depends how they measure really.

Seems to be a fairly fast session vape. Interesting to note the first vid mentions an 1800mAh battery compared to 2500mAh in the other info.

A pity it only has a single input and RGB for the UI. A few buttons and an oled might have been a better option for ease of use and keeping track of the battery (is it user replaceable?)
If I wanted another portable I'd probably give one a try.

I guess the second mouthpiece is a universal water pipe adapter (14/18mm tapered). Looks like it's siloxane which leaves much room for improvement.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well ,they do not respond at all on e-mails.. I tried two times to get extra info,i cannot imagine if you have to deal with warranty with non responsive CS,not wanting to bash them,but ... buyers beware !

Top Bottom