Roseanne Barr Announces Presidential Run!!

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
And Marijuana legalization is her first priority :brow:

http://www.theweedblog.com/roseanne...n-with-marijuana-legalization-first-priority/

Rosanne Barr, best known for her role on the television sitcom Roseanne, officially announced Thursday on the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno that she will run for President of the United States in 2012.

During her appearance on the Tonight Show, Barr insisted that she was serious and commented that Palins potential candidacy is kinda what got me to thinking that I too should run for president, if she can. Barr revealed that she had created her own political party, referred to as the Green Tea Party, which combines elements of the Green and Tea Party movements. She proclaimed that the taxpayers would be her running mate and that her first order of business would be the legalization of marijuana.

Last month, Barr premiered in a new reality show on Lifetime called Roseannes Nuts, which follows her life as a macadamia nut farmer in Hawaii. Two weeks ago, the show was watched by 1.6 million viewers, though last week only 785,000 tuned in. In an interview with The Star-Telegram, she admitted that the show serves as a launching pad for her presidential ambitions, arguing I have to do a reality show in order to run for president of these United States, in allusion to former Alaska governor Sarah Palins reality series Sarah Palins Alaska.

AGBeer,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Ha that's brilliant! I can't tell if she really has aspirations for presidency, or if she's trying to expose the lunacy of Sarah Palin's popularity and success as a public figure. Besides, I don't think she will have a shot at winning once her rival candidates begin incessantly showing the clip of her butchering the national anthem in their mudslinging campaigns. Guaranteed that's all Fox News will talk about

MajorDoobage,

lwien

Publicity stunt. Nothing more.........nothing less, but for me, regarding this next election, here is my prediction of how it's going to play out. Unless the economy turns around, Obama's is going to be a one term president. Now, that doesn't mean that a Republican is going to win. What I believe is that the economy will NOT turn around, especially with this recent S&P downgrade and the ONLY chance the Democrats have of remaining in the White House is to run Hilary against Obama in the primaries, and I have no doubt that she will win that primary, and then, unless the Republicans can come up with a candidate that will win the hearts of the independents, she will then go on to become President. And ya know what? Considering all the yahoo's that are currently in power (and I'm putting Obama in that category even though I voted for him), I think she could do a better job than most of them and has more balls than any of them, being a woman, notwithstanding.

Clinton/Kerry ticket. Or, Clinton/Powell ticket. The ONLY thing that could get in the way of that is if Chris Christie decides to run. I'm not a Republican, but I like that guy. He's got some balls as well. I just LOVE this.... http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-slams-fearmongering-over-sharia-law-210648303.html

lwien,

Nycdeisel

haha

I already loved Roseanne! I also read something about her using cannabis quite a bit in her past and how it helped her through certain times in her life.

its still fun even if its not real :p

Nycdeisel,

lwien

Bill can't run for VP. He's already served his two terms as Pres so if he became VP and something happened to the Pres, he would assume the role as Pres which our Constitution does not allow.

lwien,

StickyShisha2

i thought the Constitution said something like not more than 10 consecutive years :/

i guess not
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

somebody needs to change this. bring back Bubba. :cool:

StickyShisha2,

Purple-Days

Lwien, I think you are right on most counts. Hillary seems to be keeping a low profile through this downgrade, which is certainly an international situation. Russia and China and big (mid-East oil). She could well be positioning herself as an opponent to Obama, which would be fine with me, but I don't think she is liberal enough to suit the Dem base. Hell, Obama isn't liberal enough (after the fact) for the base. But you know who might be a Dem contender against Obama??? Big Al Gore ... just a thought.

Balls? You want balls? It's gonna take big balls to go against the Chicago mob... I don't think anybody has the stomach for it... Including the Dems. Anybody who says anything bad about the pres, well you know what they are, right?

How about Big Al as a Green Party Canidate??? He might be crazy enough to try it...

I don't know anything about Christie, don't even know what he looks like (and that is very important in every election since Kennedy / Nixon)... but if you want balls and honesty and somebody who stands a chance of beating Obama at his own game, Alan West . . . who is also keeping a low profile, possible Christie / West ticket ? Who knows? BTW I don't vote and am not a Republican or a Democrat, just observing.

Dow drops 600+ after 10 straight days of decline... I don't see any sitting president who can defend himself against that. Not after saying about the economy," That's fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe."

Just observing... :peace:

BTW Bill C. would make an helluva Sec. Of State. For either side.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
She could well be positioning herself as an opponent to Obama, which would be fine with me, but I don't think she is liberal enough to suit the Dem base.

And that's why she has a good chance of winning. The person that gets the votes of the Independents is who will win the next election, and with everything that has gone on, any person that will appeal to either the Republican base or the Democratic base will not win that Independent vote. People right now are totally fed up with both parties.

But as of right now, Obama's got one oar in the water and going nowhere. It's not often that a party will run a candidate against their own incumbent in a primary, but I think this time, the Dems will.

I don't think it will be Gore. He's been out of Washington for too long and there are many who think his outspoken views on global warming was a bit extreme. Leans a bit too far to the right. I really think Hilary has the best chance.

That lady has balls. Consider what she went through in the VERY public eye in regards to what happened with her husband and Monica, she stuck it out with him anyway amidst all of the obvious humiliation and in my opinion, did so not necessarily out of love but more because she did not want to lose her connection to Washington. A very cunning, committed and BALSY thing to do, and...............she pulled it off. Kind of shows me that when the lady wants something, she will go through hell to get it and all else be damned in regards to what others think. That's the kind of leader that can instill confidence and confidence is really what we need right now. We need someone who will steer the ship, and as of now, it seems to be rudderless.

I really had high hopes for Obama. He was dealt a bad hand from the beginning but he hasn't played it well. It's kind of like a football coach who takes over an underperforming team. He comes in and makes whatever changes he needs to make to create a winning team. At some point, the team needs to begin winning for the coach to retain his job. If he doesn't, he's fired and it matter not how many of his players get injured, or how many other things can befall a team. Either it begins to win under his watch, or it continues to lose.

Purple-Days said:
BTW Bill C. would make an helluva Sec. Of State. For either side.

No shit. I never thought of that but what a great fucking idea. He would be an EXCELLENT Sec. of State. He's got the experience, he's got the looks, the charisma, the smarts AND great fucking negotiating skills. Hell, anyone who can question what the word "is" means will fucking question and challenge anything. Perfect, but will his ego let him work for his wife? That's the question.

lwien,

Purple-Days

EDIT: ^^^ :lol: Maybe I have it backwards? :cool:
Back to regular scheduled programing ...

+++

Back to Roseanne, it has taken me about 10 hours to figure out this wasn't Rosie O' Donel (?) ... mental crossed wires... Anyway her (Roseanne's) comments are in line with her personality. Like Trumps latest comments that he may run as a third party candidate if he doesn't like the Republican candidate... His ratings must be down.

On the other hand, a fellow like Pat Paulson was actual comedy, these others are publicity stunts that aren't really funny.

+++

If there was a line to vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE, I wonder what the percentage would be? ;)

Like I said I don't know anything (almost nothing, can't possibly have any opinion) about Christie. I've only seen a couple of West interviews, reasonable, straight talking, educated, ex-military, seems like somebody you could talk with, not be talked to / by (IMO, based on 2 interviews tops).

I vote for NOTA at this point. I think Lwien is right, Hillary could draw a lot of votes, hell, she is known by her first name, you can't get much better 'name recognition' than that... and as he says... she has balls... and drive...

+++

EDIT: BTW, I think Geraldine Ferraro was a heckuva person too. Sorta forgotten, in history. A serious person.
6yh5w6.jpg

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Has anybody considered a completely fractured candidate system. How about a combined run-off? Just asking why not? In line with today's trends... Eliminations... > > > any ideas? We have a crazy system today, why not go GONZO ? Stand on a crate and see what happens...

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom