RIP Lou Reed.....

lwien

lwxtfiR.jpg

vapomancer

Heard the news this morning when my daughter asked why everybody was tweeting about Lou Reed . have been playing his music all day , trying to explain ... and I'm not sure I can . As incredibly varied and experimental as his music has been since i first became aware of him in the early 80's ( when he was already known as the godfather of punk ) , I'm having a hard time picking what to play . I can honestly say i hated as much of his music as i loved - but it was all GOOD . Somehow I'm kind of upset that I'm playing all of his early work in an attempt to prove how cool he was ( IS ) to my daughter , but hope she will explore the whole range on her own . Everybody should do a Lou Reed search on youtube and listen to at least one song , tonight .
RIP Lou Reed

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i dropped a few posts in the cool music thread and my learning guitar thread.

i think @vapomancer summed it up well.

one of my favorite posts i saw was from John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants.
'When I read "The Velvet Underground's first album only sold a few thousand copies, but everyone who bought one formed a band" I understood my musical community.'

lwien

one of my favorite posts i saw was from John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants.
'When I read "The Velvet Underground's first album only sold a few thousand copies, but everyone who bought one formed a band" I understood my musical community.'

Yeah, I heard that same quote earlier today on tv. My first taste of him was from The Velvet Underground and Nico. It was kinda weird. While I couldn't say that I really liked the album, for some odd and compelling reason, I kept listening to it.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
"VU with Nico" was the second album I owned and I still love it, "Having a Rave up with the yardbirds" was my first. Its Going to be very very strange not waiting on the next album from Lou. "Loaded" by VU is in my opinion one of the greatest Rock 'n' Roll albums of all time.

LOU REED will be missed. Yesterday the world of music Lost one of its True Stars.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
"VU with Nico" was the second album I owned and I still love it, "Having a Rave up with the yardbirds" was my first. Its Going to be very very strange not waiting on the next album from Lou. "Loaded" by VU is in my opinion one of the greatest Rock 'n' Roll albums of all time.

LOU REED will be missed. Yesterday the world of music Lost one of its True Stars.

and again yesterday... so sorry @RUDE BOY

one of my favorites on one of the best...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/28/neil-gaiman-lou-reed-sandman

Lou knew about days like this, as well. "There's a bit of magic in everything," he told us: "And then some loss to even things out."

Last edited:
Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom