Rayon vs. organic/vaping cotton vs. degummed hemp fiber vs. ??? for concentrates. Best choice?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Also, where's a good place to get this up in Canada? I see soothingvapours.ca has hemp fiber but I've no idea of the pros and cons for this stuff. Anyone want to weigh in on which is the cheapest, tastes the most neutral, won't burn and does the best cleanup job?

Thanks in advance.

Razhumikin

I use degummed hemp fiber as its natural and doesnt add much if amy taste, but havent tried cotton or rayon so cant really comment on the difference. The degummed hemp fiber works really well though, I bought a lot of it from Greendream when I was getting a dreamwood vape and its lasted me for months so far.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
When I used my dynavaps and e-nano more often I used organic cotton with concentrates. Works very well. A bag of organic cotton balls will last a lifetime, although I would have liked to try degummed hemp but it was harder to get at the time.

One key is after hitting it once or twice, I would mash the cotton around with a dab tool to spread the melted concentrate all through the cotton fibers and increase the surface area. Then the hits were massive. The nice thing is when done, you just throw away the cotton and start again. You only need a tiny flattened disc of cotton about the size of a dime. Just enough to wrap up your dab. Good luck.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I use degummed hemp fiber as its natural and doesnt add much if amy taste, but havent tried cotton or rayon so cant really comment on the difference. The degummed hemp fiber works really well though, I bought a lot of it from Greendream when I was getting a dreamwood vape and its lasted me for months so far.
Thanks, that's good to hear about the hemp fiber. VGoodiez sells rayon fiber and they claimed it tastes "way better" than hemp fiber so that had me worried.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I can also recommend hemp fiber, been using it for a couple of months now. One thing I noticed with mine is that it is made up of long-ish fibers and I found it more practical to cut them down a bit. Not hard to prepare though, took a wad, cut it down and put it in a bag. I want to try cotton next time, but still very happy with the hemp

And I haven't noticed any taste btw

fangorn

Hi @TigoleBitties

I haven't tried Sootingvapors deguminated hemp fiber yet but I bought 2 packets from them a month or two ago.
before that, I had the Tafee Bowl one which had zero taste.
in France / Europe it seemed easier to find.

I'm not an expert but the taste depends on the process... how the fiber is degummed, and in particular what products are used. and this is not information that you find directly...

I've been using it for several years now and the taste doesn't bother me at all (even though I had one that I threw away, precisely because I felt too much of a parasitic taste).

I just read the rayon fiber department wikipedia. I'm going to continue with hemp fiber... just because it's totally natural.

Test them both and tell us :brow: 😁

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I much prefer cotton or rayon. I find hemp fibre has a slight taste, especially when going a bit too hot.
Also find fibre harder to tear a piece off.

However, I have a small pot of hemp fibre to occasionally wipe my hot knife on to clean if gloopy. After a few weeks I have some more material to consume and I find fibre much better for this as cotton/rayon goes hard after a few wipes.

Cheap source for rayon in EU:

Top Bottom