/r/Vaporents Announcement and a message from Reddit admins - Temporary restriction on new content

4everpushingaboulder

I wonder how it's going to affect their IPO price when the millions of weed-focused users on the site disappear overnight?

Not one bit. They're hammering it because vapor is in the title. People die from ecig vapor according to the lawyers. Hence, vapor in title of shit is bad for biz on a wall street level.

Not only that 90% of shares will go to investment firms and institutional traders. A few thousand stoners won’t bother them at all.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I wonder how pissed the ecig people are. No one died from ecigs. The only VALI deaths were from shady cannabis oil carts.
Just enough reason to make the Marlboro man pissed :uhoh:
Edit: I mean the shady oil cart part. Big tobacco has been getting smaller in part because people are smarter these days

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: florduh

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dont know if you have enabled seeing the signatures of users under their posts ,but here what mine has been for some time ,lol.
There are two type of users :
A) Combustion fuckers
B) Combustion suckers
Joke aside please dont name your project combustion sucks... it might build some pressure between communities. I know that you can't keep buying new domains,but please consider something more original before you do.
Since many of you members prefer the word TED for various reasons:
TEDforum.com
TEDexchange.com or TEDxchange.com
TEDhub.com
Thermalextractors.com
RoasTED.com

Last edited:

arefx

Lol reddit already banned combustionsucks. People really just need to move to these forums. Reddit is a dead end road for DHV content.

arefx,
Reactions: XpeeN

florduh

Are the non-vaping cannabis subs still fine? r/Dabs and r/CannabisExtracts still seems fine. This just seems really dumb. Combusting Federally illegal drugs is investor friendly content, but vaporizing them is not?

arefx

Are the non-vaping cannabis subs still fine? r/Dabs and r/CannabisExtracts still seems fine. This just seems really dumb. Combusting Federally illegal drugs is investor friendly content, but vaporizing them is not?
Because they know parents hear vape and associate it with nicotine vapes regardless of what it's for. It's all optics

noobvaperct

Before getting perma banned for no fucking reason from Reddit and them not letting me know what I did to get banned, vaporents was by far my favorite sub. The comraderie over there was the best. No shit talking, everyone was so fucking friendly, and extremely helpful which just isn’t a thing on that horse shit website.

In any event, I’m sure this website will now be the internet’s premier dry herb vape forum. Mother fuck Reddit. I hope it drowns whether they go public or not. Fucking pole smokers.

Love you guys.

noobvaperct,
Reactions: arefx

Abysmal Vapor

I’m sure this website will now be the internet’s premier dry herb vape forum.
Welcome to the forum,dude ;) !Many forums rise and fall ,but FC has always been the premier,oldest post i could find was from 2007, there isnt a richer database for specific models(for example 600+ model specific threads only in portables and 200+ in desktops),just dive in and see what has been gathered through the ages(sadly lots of imagehosts fucked the pics), there are decade old threads that are still going :). As far as the number of users ,i would say quality beats quantity any day :).
Hope you find friends here !
P.S https://fuckcombustion.com/rules/

Last edited:

florduh

Because they know parents hear vape and associate it with nicotine vapes regardless of what it's for. It's all optics

It's just nuts, because to the best of my knowledge...no one has ever died from e-cigs. Now, maybe years down the line we'll find out everybody who vaped nicotine will have popcorn lung or something. But the possible health dangers do not match the hysteria. Especially compared to cigarettes.

Amazing that weed subreddits got clapped, not because of cannabis, but because they're associated with e-cigs. There are worse vices being encouraged on reddit. They have cigar subreddits. Beer and brewery subreddits. Whatever the long-term effects of e-cig use are, there's like a zero percent chance it will be worse than what alcohol does to the body. Lots of teens use alcohol too.

JaaCeeDee

It's just nuts, because to the best of my knowledge...no one has ever died from e-cigs. Now, maybe years down the line we'll find out everybody who vaped nicotine will have popcorn lung or something. But the possible health dangers do not match the hysteria. Especially compared to cigarettes.

Amazing that weed subreddits got clapped, not because of cannabis, but because they're associated with e-cigs. There are worse vices being encouraged on reddit. They have cigar subreddits. Beer and brewery subreddits. Whatever the long-term effects of e-cig use are, there's like a zero percent chance it will be worse than what alcohol does to the body. Lots of teens use alcohol too.

Meanwhile, there's an sub-reddit devoted to buying & selling "replicas"
items known by both parties to be counterfeit, some maybe equal, and even higher quality than the authentic

For around $200, I procured a Gucci Jackie Mini, which retails for $2,500. It came in an apple-green Gucci box complete with tags, a dust bag, and Gucci-branded desiccant packs. I brought them all to an authenticator in a popular Upper East Side consignment store, the nice, boutiquey kind that keeps “carefully authenticated” Louis Vuittons in locked glass cases. After peering at the fake for several minutes, the woman behind the counter sighed.

“I can do $975 or give you $1,100 in store credit,” she said. “What do you think?”

NYMag

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

:D Seems like a nice line up of rules and restrictions up there. It is ironic cause of the people who bashed FC to be a place with a lot of restrictions,lol... Anyway i am glad they dont have to migrate here.
What is BeyondCombustion ? Less of rip off to FC name than CombustionSux... ?Well it is a free world i guess, no need to be original on every step.

XpeeN

:D Seems like a nice line up of rules and restrictions up there. It is ironic cause of the people who bashed FC to be a place with a lot of restrictions,lol... Anyway i am glad they dont have to migrate here.
What is BeyondCombustion ? Less of rip off to FC name than CombustionSux... ?Well it is a free world i guess, no need to be original on every step.
I honestly don't think it's mutual exclusive. I enjoy the all-in-one style of feed vaporents has, and I enjoy how you can go deep in specific topics at FC (more easily). There are bad behaviors and trends everywhere these days, and IMO we should just try to behave the best we can ourselves, because each of us help civilize the discussion a bit more :)

4everpushingaboulder

I honestly don't think it's mutual exclusive. I enjoy the all-in-one style of feed vaporents has, and I enjoy how you can go deep in specific topics at FC (more easily). There are bad behaviors and trends everywhere these days, and IMO we should just try to behave the best we can ourselves, because each of us help civilize the discussion a bit more :)
This is exactly it.

Reddit allowed me to learn and watch and eventually comment and participate in discussion on vapes I never owned or used simply because the feed was all inclusive.

FC was where I came to learn and read in detail about the specifics.

They both performed a good role.

And both are regularly full of opinionated jerks, lazy morons who don’t Google, and underpaid mods who do what they have time for when they have time for it…

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
I’m truly an opinionated lazy-fuck-end-user and that’s why I visit and learn here. This has been a fair a relationship. Alike, Im here to listen and learn from other expertises. The fact I enjoy vapor so fucking much is why I lurk around seeking the good, and successful products. After 2yrs I’ve developed quite the hobby, (easily north of 3k and lovin it), and it may stop when I do. Thank You FC

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
and underpaid mods who do what they have time for when they have time for it…

Not just underpaid, but un-paid mods as far as Reddit goes.

That’s a volunteer gig 💯. If there was even a smidge of compensation for having people mad/harass/doxx moderators as they do, across Reddit and the internet as a whole, then it would be significantly more engaging in that aspect from a moderator point of view.

Why would anyone want to login to an inbox of angry messages directed at them (for completely asinine reasons cause that’s how the internet rolls) voluntarily without pay or some form of compensation?? I don’t take anything on Reddit personally, but a whole hell of a lot of other Redditors seem to (again it’s a general problem with the internet due to the number of people online globally). It’s also why it’s super important that the community moderate itself mostly, via reports and upvotes/downvotes.

Can’t have too many cooks in the kitchen, and adding 50 more un-paid mods with loads to deal with in their personal lives won’t solve the issues. Everyone has a lot going on worldwide. Folks have to report getting cold meals, finding pubes in their mashed potatoes, and poor service quality/patron behavior otherwise it goes on indefinitely completely unchecked.

Top Bottom