R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage

SmokingElectricity

Pro wrestling superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage died after having a heart attack while driving his Jeep Wrangler, Fox News confirms.

The accident happened in Seminole, Fla.

A source tells Fox News that he "suffered a heart attack while driving and hit a tree."

Florida Highway Patrol said Savage, 58, leapt a concrete median, veered into oncoming traffic and smashed into a tree head on.

He died from his injuries at largo Medical Center.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/05/20/pro-wrestler-randy-macho-man-savage-dies-car-accident-report-says/

I haven't been a fan of wrestling in over 20 years, but I still remember going to see wrestling events at nassau coliseum with my dad when I was small. Good memories. Out of them all, Macho Man was my favorite.

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage.

machoman.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Today was a sad day for those of us who grew up in that generation.

His epic 'battles' with George Steele (and the stealing of Elizabeth) to the threatening of Gene Okerland were priceless.

RIP Randy.

AGBeer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Just another victim of professional wrestling.. :/

Kind of crazy how many have died in the last few years.

aesthyrian,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I live about 2 miles from his home and less than 1/2 mile from accident. I did some computer work for Randy and Lynn, very nice people, always treated me kindly. I also did some computer work for his parents(before his father Angelo passed away) and his brother Lanny, who wreslted as well(wwf for awhile as the Genius). The father had the sit-up world record at one time, 6,033 sit-ups in 4hrs 10 min. That's nuts. Anyway I saw the "belt" he received for that hanging on the wall in thier townhome not long before he passed away. Last I saw Randy was during the voice work for the children's movie "Bolt". We'll miss you Macho Man, R.I.P.

Silver420Surfer,

sunsett70

my childhood too. his matches with ultimate warrior and/or hulk hogan were classics and the patented 'double-axe' chop! ohh yeahhhhh. rip, legend.

sunsett70,
While professional wrestling is a train I never hopped on for sure, Savage was a ridiculously lovable, absurd stage presence, and I remember at least 5 to 10 cartoon characters which were directly based on him. Like WRESTLOR, from Dexter's Lab.

charliedontsurf,

lepstadder

I always thought that "The Macho Man" was the coolest

Hopefully he is doing a flying elbow drop from the third rope onto bin ladens face

DIG IT!!!

lepstadder,

reece

His brother was also known as Leaping Lanny Poffo (before his Genius days). But anyway, the Macho Man has been dead for years. Obama is doing this for political purposes.

reece,

PuffItUp

Retailer
Macho Man v Ric Flair
Macho Man v Jake The Snake

two great feuds

PuffItUp,
Top Bottom