Questions from someone who has never vaped before.

cptn

I've never vaped before and I don't even like the high I've had every time I've smoked cannabis. I'm strictly buying a vape at this point to help me get to sleep at night because I have insomnia. I'm a health freak so I don't even want the chance of combusting or for my vapor to be passing through anything but glass from start to finish.

I was looking at the Cloud Evo but the Vap3 is the only TRUE all-glass airway that I see. Are there others that I'm missing?

is there any way to make the vapor not so harsh?

does more water automatically equate to less harshness?

does vaping feel better with the use of cold water/refrigerating your hydratube?

Thanks,
cptn

cptn,

little maggie

I can't comment on all glass. I have a vap 2 which is also all glass but never use it. I do use water whenever I vaporizer or I cough.
You might spend the $30 for the glass dynavap to see how you like vaping. It is all glass but uses a butane lighter. Also the Solo is a great vaporizer you can get on sale for 4/20. Recent research that's somewhere here, showed that it has the least residue of any they tested. It has an all glass vapor path which is what you're looking for. Works great with water. Given your health concerns, the minimal residue would be a plus for you. I imagine the Air is similar.

little maggie,

cptn

I can't comment on all glass. I have a vap 2 which is also all glass but never use it. I do use water whenever I vaporizer or I cough.
You might spend the $30 for the glass dynavap to see how you like vaping. It is all glass but uses a butane lighter. Also the Solo is a great vaporizer you can get on sale for 4/20. Recent research that's somewhere here, showed that it has the least residue of any they tested. It has an all glass vapor path which is what you're looking for. Works great with water. Given your health concerns, the minimal residue would be a plus for you. I imagine the Air is similar.

Thanks for the info.

Who makes the Solo? I'm going to look into that one

cptn,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Arizer makes the solo. You can use warm water to make vapour smoother. It hydrates the vapour which can be slightly dry on the throat.

little maggie

PIU usually has a good sale on the Solo- in case you decide to buy it. (Email Randy)

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: Derrrpp

howie105

I've never vaped before and I don't even like the high I've had every time I've smoked cannabis......Well get ready for a similar experience with a vaporizer. If vapes didn't get people high this site would see way less traffic.

I'm strictly buying a vape at this point to help me get to sleep at night because I have insomnia....Before I spent hundreds on any piece of medical equipment I would give my doctor a shot first. Insomnia is a often just a symptom of an underlying condition that needs to be addressed.

]is there any way to make the vapor not so harsh?.....You already are considering water, to that you could consider adding other filtration perhaps activated charcoal would be worth a look in you position. You really have to address the equipment you are using because different vapes require different approaches.

does more water automatically equate to less harshness?....Sometimes. but it reaches a point of rapidly diminishing returns rather quickly and becomes more trouble then it is worth.

does vaping feel better with the use of cold water/refrigerating your hydratube?....Can't comment on that particular piece but when I use water I go with minimal amounts of water at higher water temperatures to get a bit more moisture into then mix.

Some of the big issues when it comes to success with vaporization is expectation and perception. So if you find a method, piece of equipment, a strain of marijuana or whatever that works for you go for it, we are all different to some degree from each other.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Water helps with higher temperature vapour, in my experience. I use ice cold water in my bubbler/icechamber when running my herbie at 430°F. What would normally have me coughing after the first small puff is gentle by comparision.

Some find that warm water is good and some prefer cold. I've found that even room temperature water helps in smoothing out the vapour.

Winegums,

hoptimum

I've never vaped before and I don't even like the high I've had every time I've smoked cannabis. I'm strictly buying a vape at this point to help me get to sleep at night because I have insomnia. I'm a health freak so I don't even want the chance of combusting or for my vapor to be passing through anything but glass from start to finish.

I was looking at the Cloud Evo but the Vap3 is the only TRUE all-glass airway that I see. Are there others that I'm missing?

is there any way to make the vapor not so harsh?

does more water automatically equate to less harshness?

does vaping feel better with the use of cold water/refrigerating your hydratube?

Thanks,
cptn

If you don't like the way cannabis makes you feel, then cannabis might not be right for you. It feels the same no matter how you consume it.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Amoreena

BadDog No

I do remember back to my combusting days when "dazed and confused" was not just the name of a movie. I've been vaping almost exclusively (2, 3 relapses((damn peer pressure:lol:)) for about 10 years and the high seems quite different to me. Yeah, there are some strains (luckily mostly beyond my means) that will lock you to a couch like a night of bong hits would in the old days, but mostly I find vaping leaves me quite able to function. Oh OK I may not actually function ably depending, but it's not usually the unpleasantly introspective, but more "hey it might be fun to go do this" (even if you don't actually go do it ;)). Having done morphine in an intensive care ward, I'd say combustion is more like that and vaping is overall just a cleaner change of perspective. That's enough of my $.02 for the day. Oh wait, you're getting this to go to sleep at night. I'm more of a sativa guy, but I'd think the indica strain you choose would be even more important than the equipment. Equipment wise I'm gonna recommend what's on my wish list. An Arizer EQ with a DDave's full 18/14 kit and a couple of hydro/hydratubes. Do the little Pinnacle microshower thingy with the 14 and snag a full size hydratube for the 18 later. A word on temperatures? I only go to 430 when I vape which then allows me to use the collected abv at around 440 to get to sleep even with a sativa dominant strain. Yep, that's what I'd do. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BadDog No,

hibeam

alpha +
vape flowers low temp in am for activity. vape the abv higher temp in pm for sleep. opposite effects for me, but both good for adjusting attitude and shushing overall aches and pains. no spicy food after three pm! :) combusting gives a dirty high. yuck.

hibeam,
Top Bottom