Question Concerning The Consistency of ABV Stems

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
From a friend I picked up some bud from Colorado. Beyond that, I have no further information about the bud.

In the middle of a session I was regrinding some bud with my fingers, and I noticed something felt different. It was the stems. When breaking up the bud i noticed that the stems (partially vaped by this point) were unusually soft and brittle, and as i pinched my fingers together the stems would break very easily and change to a powdery consistency.

The stems also smells kind of odd to me as well. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I use a PD so I regrind with my fingers every stem I consume, and I've never noticed this before in my rather extensive vaping career. I'm hoping this is not the result of some foul play on the grower's end i.e. pesticides, chemicals, etc. I've always felt additional peace of mind when i buy vegan grown bud.

Deadhead101,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've noticed that some almost fall apart from just looking at them, while others seem to just get harder instead after they've been vaped. Not sure how or why. I was thought to harden my arrow points in a fire though, so that outcome sounds more natural to me.

:shrug:

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've had stems that crumble once they've been vaped a bit.

Ive also had some that seemed to get stronger, but if I dug my nail into them, once I broke the structural integrity of the stem, it would crumble like the others.

It makes sense to me.

The moisture in the wood lets it bend, vaping zaps away the moisture, so now its more brittle.

Frederick McGuire,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Ok, glad to see others have experienced this as well. I wonder if, once the stem becomes a powder, if that 'substance' vaporizes i.e. whether or not there are certain vaporizable compounds that may only be inside of the stem.

Deadhead101,

djonkoman

my experience is that it varies, but outdoor usualy has stronger/harder stems, while indoor has weaker stems that blend in with the rest of the bud more.

djonkoman,
Top Bottom