Purple Days odor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pustulio

My apartment complex is becoming a smoke free complex next month and I want to keep my chances of getting busted as small as possible. They keep sending out notices about how severely this will be enforced and my front door leads to a communal hallway, meaning my neighbors need to walk by my door to get to their apartments.

I currently have an HA that I've started using exclusively with the direct draw method, since that seems like it would give off less odor than the bags or the whip. Unfortunately the HA gives off some odor while it's heating up. The plastic bit that connects the bowl to the straw doesn't fit in snugly.

I was thinking that the PD might give off less odor. I would love to hear from anyone with experience as to whether or not it gives off an odor while warming up or just sitting idly on. This is going to be particularly important since it takes 30 minutes to warm up and I would therefore want to just leave it on all day. I can't have it idly pumping odor into the apartment while it just sits there.

I'm vaping pretty skunky stuff. I close the mason jars as quickly as possible after pinching some off. The HA doesn't require grinding like the PD does, so would the grinding give off more odor than the PD would prevent?

Thanks!

Pustulio,

Nycdeisel

With the PD there is nothing TO start smelling, no odor comes from it, because the unit, while standing alone, is completely legal, clean, and has no herb residue whatsoever, its all in the stems(the vapor tubes with the bowl).

I suggest a smokebuddy to help cut down on odor of exhaled vapor http://www.smokebuddy.com/

its not just a scam andfor 20 bucks its the best you can get to be sure there is no extra odor(thats not from your HA)

edit: or better yet, get a window fan, put it IN your window, and whenever you vape, grind, or handle buds, just turn both fans to exhaust so that it blows outside, sucking out the air in the room, also bringing in fresh air from around the door frame or even a different window across your apartment that is open. this is THE BEST way to help the air circulate and completely rid the room of 'stale' air.

Nycdeisel,

Pustulio

Thanks! That's good to hear.

I'm a little confused about how the PD stems work. I've seen people on youtube fill their stems by putting the metal end against their ground weed and inhaling. How is it that the weed stays in the tube and doesn't fall into the PD itself? My HA seems to get a lot of remnants falling through the crucible screen and into the unit.

I went ahead and ordered a Smoke Buddy.

I figure if I get some essential oils and put them in the PD after each vape session that should help cover any lingering smell until it dissipates.

Keeping the air circulating is a good idea. I don't know that my wife will be excited about me opening the windows up once winter comes around, but hopefully with the PD, smoke buddy, and essential oils I can get away without that part when the weather is dreadful. Maybe I'll prepare and vape over the stove with the stove exhaust fan on when the weather is too bad to open the windows. I guess I could also get a HEPA air filter for the winter months, but that sounds expensive and is hopefully not necessary.

Pustulio,

Nycdeisel

WHOA! you NEVER EVER put oil IN the PD, it comes with an aromatherapy cup that you should never EVER fill while its on the PD unit. ONLY fill it while its on another surface, never while the cup is on the heatport.

a smoke buddy is more then you need! especially with vapor, nothing comes out of the end when you exhale through it, it actually works real well!

You should ALWAYS 'check' the stem pack before mating it to the PD, do this by tapping the stem onto your palm and see if any comes out. if it all falls out, start again.

I usually use the straw method and then pack it in JUST with my finger, just wipe the excess herb sticking out off the end so it doesnt get too packed that it wont hit well.

hope that helps ya!

Nycdeisel,

Pustulio

Oops. I meant I would fill the aromatherapy cup and then place it on the purple days when I was done vaping.

I can't wait to get my PD!

Thanks!

Pustulio,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom