Preparing for surgery

little maggie

I was trying to figure out whether I can use herbs tonight for sleep given all the rules about what not to take before surgery. No alcohol for 24 hours before surgery. That's not a problem. I just reread my surgery instructions and discovered that the issue has been addressed. No cannabis after midnight.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I recently went through a couple surgeries. Mine didn't have any info regarding the use of cannabis after midnight. The morning before I left home I did vaporize some Gorilla Glue to calm my anxiety. I'm not telling you to do this. My surgery was a few hours later and I was put to sleep. Use your own judgement we all are different.

Good luck.:)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Cannabis therapy before your surgery should be ok, however you should speak briefly with your anesthesiologist before going under. I'm sure he/she will tell you about the risks of the procedure combined with your behavior. Anesthesiologists are cool, they always have the best drugs, and know how to bring you back.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I was trying to figure out whether I can use herbs tonight for sleep given all the rules about what not to take before surgery. No alcohol for 24 hours before surgery. That's not a problem. I just reread my surgery instructions and discovered that the issue has been addressed. No cannabis after midnight.
Best wishes the upcoming surgery!

On a side note, it's always "before midnight" somewhere.... ;)

Baron23

Best wishes for a perfect outcome and speedy recovery, Maggie!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I always have. I also put a wax pen in my bag for the recovery room. But I also new I'd be in recovery for a week or so before going home.
My suggestions are if its gonna relax you do it. If it's gonna add stress don't.
It's never a question in my mind i do everything on mj so it would add extra stress to not be high under such a stressful event.
@little maggie best wishes & a speedy recovery

little maggie

I just had the surgery Monday. They sent me home with a bottle of oxy for pain. I don't use herbs for pain because mine is intermittent like sciatica. But after taking the maximum dose of oxy and getting no relief I got out my dynavap. And within a couple of minutes a massive reduction in pain. Who knew??

Ghostlyfett420

Chewie get us out of here!
I had ACDF surgery in March of 2016 in fact, it is the main reason I Fucked Combustion for good over the last year (carbon monoxide created by combustion is bad news for fusions apparently) I Medicated before my surgery, it calmed me down. I might add that unfortunately, I live in a country whose draconian government has yet to "legalize" so there was no indication whether cannabis is good or bad, but I did manage to get an encouraging smile from my neurosurgeon when I queried whether I could substitute the opiates prescribed for marijuana to help with pain management of course. :2c: :peace:

howie105

Hey little maggie if you would be so kind, ask the surgeon why the no marijuana instruction was added and then please let us know. Thanks

howie105,
Reactions: Squiby

Baron23

I just had the surgery Monday. They sent me home with a bottle of oxy for pain. I don't use herbs for pain because mine is intermittent like sciatica. But after taking the maximum dose of oxy and getting no relief I got out my dynavap. And within a couple of minutes a massive reduction in pain. Who knew??
Hi Maggie - having had six surgeries in eight years (FUCK!!) I agree completely that MJ works synergistic ally with narcotics.

Just be a bit careful. After taking narcotics, single draw will go a long way. I found that the MJ allowed me to keep the oxy doses to a minimum.

Speediest of recovery:tup::clap::nod:

little maggie

Feeling much better and switched to just dosing with MJ. I have this surgery every 6 months or so but never tried mj. I have a couple of major surgeries I'm avoiding until it is impossible to put off (open heart and brain) but now I know how to manage the pain better.

Top Bottom