Prepare to make fun of me: thoughts on vaping coffee

dannite

Durden's Own
Information online about vaping coffee is pretty sparse, so I wondered of any of you have experience.

I found that caffein vapes at a lower temp than cannabis, and was able to calculate to my satisfaction that vaping even an entire gram was well below the "caffein intoxication" danger threshold. So I loaded up my Launch Box and took a long drag.

The vapor was very thin and had only a hint of coffee bean taste. Not at all the oily acrid vapor I was expecting. It is super smooth - not even a hint of coughing. I tried a huge lung-full, holding for several seconds.

"Fierce" is the best term. There was an initial tingling rush that lasted a few minutes, and then I smoothly reverted to a normal physical state, just simply with the alertness and energy of maybe 4 shots of espresso. No "wired" feeling or jitters. Pretty cool. It seems like a great (laughably cheap) way to use caffein.

I am not sure how to tell when the coffee grounds are cashed, since they aren't really gonna change color on me. I kind of assume I'm driving out the vapor pretty fast since the MFLB is calibrated to the cannabis temp. There doesn't seem to be a reason to regulate the temp lower by drawing faster since the added heat doesn't seem to be deactivating the caffein.

Is anyone aware of any health risks associated with this practice (other than a wicked caffein addiction that is)?

dannite,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
dannite said:
Information online about vaping coffee is pretty sparse, so I wondered of any of you have experience.

I found that caffein vapes at a lower temp than cannabis, and was able to calculate to my satisfaction that vaping even an entire gram was well below the "caffein intoxication" danger threshold. So I loaded up my Launch Box and took a long drag.

The vapor was very thin and had only a hint of coffee bean taste. Not at all the oily acrid vapor I was expecting. It is super smooth - not even a hint of coughing. I tried a huge lung-full, holding for several seconds.

"Fierce" is the best term. There was an initial tingling rush that lasted a few minutes, and then I smoothly reverted to a normal physical state, just simply with the alertness and energy of maybe 4 shots of espresso. No "wired" feeling or jitters. Pretty cool. It seems like a great (laughably cheap) way to use caffein.

I am not sure how to tell when the coffee grounds are cashed, since they aren't really gonna change color on me. I kind of assume I'm driving out the vapor pretty fast since the MFLB is calibrated to the cannabis temp. There doesn't seem to be a reason to regulate the temp lower by drawing faster since the added heat doesn't seem to be deactivating the caffein.

Is anyone aware of any health risks associated with this practice (other than a wicked caffein addiction that is)?
Well Coffein sux IMO.. Racy hearth,sweating,sleep trouble.. etc .. Anyway sometime i vape Green or Black tea and i get both buzz and a rush.. So i guess coffein is volatile and can be vaporized.

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've smoked tea mixed with tobacco and sugar a couple of times when I was young and dumber. It actually gave a short buzz after every hit strange enough. Not sure which one was causing it though, the tea or the sugar. I don't like my tea without sugar so I never tried them separately.

Did you ground your own beans or just use pre-ground? I'm kinda curious, but I only have instant coffee atm, and I don't feel that adventurous any more :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

momatik

I think our tolerance level for caffeine in vapor form is lower than when it's in soluble form.

There is a hookah tobacco line called "Tangiers F-Line" which is caffeinated tobacco. I remember the maker of this tobacco mentioned on another forum that if he put the same concentration of caffeine found in soda in his tobacco it could be fatal.

momatik,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would have to agree with Momatik in this instance as caffeine and nicotine dont have a very high LD50 rating. (In essence - it doesnt take much to make it lethal)

Why take a chance and mess with something (in concentrate) that has the potential to kill you? Even concentrated cannabis extract (BHO/ISO/Hash) has a MUCH less chance of harm. :2c:

AGBeer,

HuskerMath

I started off reading this thread all excited that I wouldn't have to take the time to brew coffee anymore, but nope. It can kill you? Seriously? Good God...

HuskerMath,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Nicotine is an effective pesticide, however it is being linked to bee colony collapse. From How Stuff Works:

"Not many people realize that nicotine is also sold commercially in the form of a pesticide! And every year, many children go to the emergency room after eating cigarettes or cigarette butts. Sixty milligrams of nicotine (about the amount in three or four cigarettes if all of the nicotine were absorbed) will kill an adult, but consuming only one cigarette's worth of nicotine is enough to make a toddler severely ill. "

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nicotine7.htm

t-dub,
Reactions: SacToker

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ok so kids in the UK mix green with tabacco (much the same as a blunt but with a joint paper)

so youve got me thinkin, bud and coffee vape blend? an anti couchlock morning wake n vape sesh?

Xchadb,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
When I was young we used to not only add tobacco to our joints, but also our bong bowls. We'd lightly 'toast' a cigarette with a lighter and crumble the toasted tobacco into a fine dust. We'd then mix this in at around a 50/50 ratio with our herb, which because of the fine dustiness of the tobacco actually meant about 1/3-1/4 of a cigarette. We'd then load that into our bong, made from a plastic lucozade bottle, a piece of garden hose and a 14mm socket piece for a bowl, and then hit the lot in one (a 'pull through' we called it, as the bowl had no gauze). Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

But there's no denying it gave a big hit. A massive- and I mean massive- head rush of nicotine, followed by the comforting dullness from the weed flowing in like the tide as the nicotine ebbs away. Brain confusion. I'm sure that the combination of the two actually made the weed hit more acute.

I guess you guys didn't do that in 'merrika?

WatTyler,
When I was young we used to not only add tobacco to our joints, but also our bong bowls. We'd lightly 'toast' a cigarette with a lighter and crumble the toasted tobacco into a fine dust. We'd then mix this in at around a 50/50 ratio with our herb, which because of the fine dustiness of the tobacco actually meant about 1/3-1/4 of a cigarette. We'd then load that into our bong, made from a plastic lucozade bottle, a piece of garden hose and a 14mm socket piece for a bowl, and then hit the lot in one (a 'pull through' we called it, as the bowl had no gauze). Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

But there's no denying it gave a big hit. A massive- and I mean massive- head rush of nicotine, followed by the comforting dullness from the weed flowing in like the tide as the nicotine ebbs away. Brain confusion. I'm sure that the combination of the two actually made the weed hit more acute.

Yes, some of my friends did. Some even smoke straight tobacco in their hand made plastic bongs. I never smoked tobacco though, except a blunt wrapper.

SpaceKracker,

Bouldorado

Just tried this and was not impressed. I filled the lsv wand halfway up and took a few drags. like the OP said, the vapor was thin and smooth, yet I found the flavor horrible. it reminded me exactly of burnt coffee, a taste I try to avoid. I felt some effects from the caffeine, but the taste means I'll never try this again, since I drink coffee more for the taste than the caffeine.

Bouldorado,

Oh hell yeah, Popper is what we call 'em. But we (by we, i mean my small group of friends) do a 'pop' of tobacco in the bottom and cover it with weed, so when you smoke, you get weed, weed, weed, and suddenly, POP you smoke the tobacco. It's all one drag so you get this massive headrush. I've only done it once and i puked (since it's the first time i've smoke tobacco hahaha)

RingOfSmoke,
Top Bottom