Practical Uses for Reclaim

jl420

What's up FC community, I've been cleaning & saving my reclaim from my rigs and I'm curious what my best option is. I've had people tell me to put my reclaim in the freezer for a few hours then I can reuse it on the rig. I was warned that it smells & tastes shitty but it gets the job done. I have other people saying I should bake with it. Basically as I make brownies to heat up my reclaim enough that it "pours" into the mixing bowl of ingredients and enjoy my results. Does anyone have any success with either method or is their some other way to use reclaim. I have used reclaim to season my new Quartz pieces but why not maximize the buzz...

farscaper

re-dab it or just make some food or chocolates with it. If I cook with reclaim I dont bother cooking the oil first I just add reclaim and coconut oil (equal parts) together at a warm temp to mix it and then add some melting chocolate and dip some pretzels or something. easy road to stoned.

The best method that I have found to make half palatable reclaim is to clean out rig with 91+ percent iso. Pour that through a funnel with coffee filter into a small sealable jar. Store in freezer for at least 24 hours. Have a second jar of similar size ready with clean funnel and 3 filters. Have a place cleared in the freezer big enough to safely allow the funnel to rest in the jar and be stable. Pour the contents of the first jar through the funnel and 3 coffee filters into the second jar (this may take some time), let sit in freezer while the iso drips through. After a couple hours, take out and discard filters without wringing them out (they will have plant fats in them and you don't want to reintroduce it). Place jar on a candle warmer with a small pc fan running at the jar opening (DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED ROOM). As long as the fan is running, and it contains iso it won't overheat due to evaporative cooling. When about 1-2 tablespoons remain, take off heat and transfer to a small round pyrex petri dish or any wide, shallow, flat bottomed glass container that will fit on the candle warmer. Point the small fan at the petri dish and heat ONLY until it begins to bubble, take off heat and allow to cool. Repeat the last two steps untill it remains semi-solid at room temp and only gets runny when warm. Ultimately there should be no iso smell left. Can be dabbed or used in edibles. For a single serving edible I might eyeball a double dab sized amount into coffee with French vanilla creamer (blending coffee and reclaim first). Tastes great in edibles, tastes not totally disgusting if dabbed, gets the job done either way. I hope that helps :) been at this a while and like to share in experiences. If more detail is required just ask.

Top Bottom