Portable vape for concentrates

king krish

I am looking for a portable vape for a friend in India to use for concentrates, he's only used the arizer solo so far and wants a more concentrate dedicated vape that's more portable and discreet, please can you give me some vapes I should consider buying for him.

I don't know much about vapes for concentrates, I was once recommended the persei with hercules attachment a 2-3 years ago, but would like to know what people think is good to get now.

king krish,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would suggest the Haze for concentrates on the go. There's the cans that you use that are just for concentrates. @scottg402 fellow FCer will take care of you. He works for Haze.

There's the Vapman but you use it with a butane lighter. Folks really like it. I don't have one. Either one isn't very discreet, you probably would be better off with a pen style vaporizer, I have the Dabbler, but prefer the Haze because it taste better.

The Haze and the Vapman you can use with concentrates as well as flowers.

Last edited:

HomeFree

Pen vapes are real discrete other than having to load up a bit every couple of draws if it is load as you go style (which I think most are). Quality control can be pretty bad on those types of pens. If you go the route of a pen I would suggest to get one like the Dr. Dabbler or Omicron or the likes. I think there are a few more companies with good pen stuff as well listed here. I got one generic globe type atomizer, and the cup was actually made of plastic and warped like a record. So I haven't used one since.

Keep in mind these types of 'wax burners' will probably not work with traditional hashes (none I have tried do, but that doesn't mean it is true for all atomizers), they will get all clogged up and burn and wear out the atomizer real quick. Personally I would rather wait and use a good vape with some good flowers. Every pen I have tried (within a decent budget) has left a little of something to be desired.

HomeFree,

Spocks_Katra

I would suggest getting a w9 atomizer and pen. They are by far the most transparent company when it regards materials safety and customer service. companie like kandy pens and dr dabber are rebranded chinese pens that can be found much cheaper without the company name on it. I used to have a yocan evolve but threw it out after the company admitted they used glue to hold down the coils in the atomizer.

Right now I have an alpha globe from oil vaporizer and 3 kiss carts (disposable) they use dual grade 2 Ti wire and taste very clean. you can use it on any e cig mod. I am using mine on a council of vapor minivolt. If you dont have a vape pen or mod already, I think they sell batteries as well

Spocks_Katra,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

HomeFree

Looks like I wrote 'dr. dabbler' instead 'the dabbler' from vapor bros and mashed the two names. :) I don't know why they used such similar names. I'm not sure if the vapor bros pen is rebranded but it has gotten good reviews and is better quality than the cheap wax burner pens.

I just saw in the vapcap thread someone wrote that traditional hash vapes great in it. :) Not sure about more potent extracts. The price is right. It is small too. Takes a lighter but still the price is real good and it would probably last a lot longer than a pen unless it breaks.

The pens are okay if you want a quick light pull every so often, but they probably will not get you very far as you can not really vape it fast. Maybe you get one of the W9 ones (persei, omicron unless things have changed) are the cream of the crop. You could probably get a strong effect from them.

I think if I were in that area of the world I would rather get a flower vape that could also do traditional hash. I think most do. I will try and get some stainless steel wool and see how well some bubble hash, kief, and straight concentrate vape up in it. I have done sandwiches, but never straight concentrate.

The Air is more visible than a pen but there are tricks and if you are in an area of India that has a lot of people using ecigs you should be okay. I don't worry about it too much unless I am right next to someone but it is legal here. I just do small pulls and stay away from other people. The air gets me far more effects than the wax pens.

Just take your time shopping for a pen. More costly or name branded does not always mean better. Often you can find the same thing before rebranding for 1/5 the price. Do a lot of window shopping. I have burned around $200-300 on those little pens which could have bought me either a butane vape or a log. And keep in mind all the parts that cost any cash are disposable. The battery and the atomizer. Both will go bad and then you will have to buy a new one.

Spocks Katra has some good advice, IMO.

woolspinner

I would suggest the Haze for concentrates on the go. There's the cans that you use that are just for concentrates. @scottg402 fellow FCer will take care of you. He works for Haze.

There's the Vapman but you use it with a butane lighter. Folks really like it. I don't have one. Either one isn't very discreet, you probably would be better off with a pen style vaporizer, I have the Dabbler, but prefer the Haze because it taste better.

The Haze and the Vapman you can use with concentrates as well as flowers.

I might choose the Haze over a pen, too. The pens I have tried with concentrate have hit way harsher than the Haze.

I cannot remember, Carol, can you, if traditional hash (if the OP is going to be using that) can be used in Haze? I cannot imagine why not but concentrates can be wacky.

My brother in law loves his new Galaxy by KandyPens. I liked it, but still found it way harsher than my Haze.

woolspinner,

Spocks_Katra

I might choose the Haze over a pen, too. The pens I have tried with concentrate have hit way harsher than the Haze.

I cannot remember, Carol, can you, if traditional hash (if the OP is going to be using that) can be used in Haze? I cannot imagine why not but concentrates can be wacky.

My brother in law loves his new Galaxy by KandyPens. I liked it, but still found it way harsher than my Haze.

Just remember that the haze will need a lot more cleaning than a pen style, where you can just pop a new coil in. Most people recommend cleaning the haze after every 1-2 bowls of wax

as far as portables - going with w9tech is the best bet. You cant get rig hits, but you can get full, solid hits that feel great exhaling, but you wont get any tearjerkers like you can on a rig

Spocks_Katra,

We5d

I use the Haze for traditional hash with just using the screens not cans, works amazingly. I used to use cans but the screens worked better. However I do a quick ISO Q-tip swipe after every other session

We5d,

woolspinner

Just remember that the haze will need a lot more cleaning than a pen style, where you can just pop a new coil in. Most people recommend cleaning the haze after every 1-2 bowls of wax

as far as portables - going with w9tech is the best bet. You cant get rig hits, but you can get full, solid hits that feel great exhaling, but you wont get any tearjerkers like you can on a rig

My brother-in-law still has to clean his coil and air path on his Galaxy. New coils can be cheap, I suppose, depending upon the pen, but not so cheap that I would NEVER clean the coil and just let it get crusty until it fails. Just dI'd not want a new person thinking there is NO cleaning involved with a pen.

I do agree that I would need to clean my Haze air path and oven more than he has to clean his coil and air path were I to use it for concentrates.

woolspinner,

HomeFree

"Trying in the Air right in a cotton sandwich with some MK ultra bubble hash, ~3 star and maybe a year and a half old. Not the best. Loaded about .03 grams, hopefully enough. Oh yeah, works great! Tastes like clove, eucalyptus, lavender and tannins like a grapevine. Sour as hell too. Should do just fine! "

I wrote that last night and fell asleep before I could hit post. I was so close. :) Vaped for the whole 10 minute session at the top two highest temps. I think the green and the one above it (3-4) would be better. The vapor was hot at the highest level. Clean stem. Not very much hash.

I would go with others who say to use a vape that can do both flower and concentrates. I bet there is a way to do old school type hash in these things. You could always coil it real thin like a snake, or make it real flat. One time I did have extract drip through the herb and onto the cup, so use it upside down. The cotton didn't seem to taste like anything. I had never done hash only without any buds. I am sure kief works fine too, and you can always make rosin from hash your friend gets out there too, if you had to. I just have not done kief on it's own, just mixed with herb.

HomeFree,
Reactions: zor
Top Bottom