Portable, fully convection, changeable 18650 li-ion and low temperatures?

hit&run

Hello.

Wonder if there is a portable vaporizer with fully convection and changeable 18650 li-ion on market?

Thanks for suggestions!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol yeah there's a few.... Check out the Arizer Air if you want something reliable, controllable, but slow. And check out the RBT Milaana if you want something insane but uncontrollable (no temperature regulator to prevent combustion) but it has nearly no restriction so you can pull some intense clouds with practice

hit&run

Thanks so far.

Please let me add one more selection criterion:

It should also have a temperature range of at least 130°C up to 220°C. (Title edited)

(I need those low temperatures to vape things like ginger or peppermint.)

hit&run,
Reactions: Joaon

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Maybe. Most people have different ideas of what portable means to them. Might want to check out "the project"

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Joaon

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks so far.

Please let me add one more selection criterion:

It should also have a temperature range of at least 130°C up to 220°C. (Title edited)

(I need those low temperatures to vape things like ginger or peppermint.)

Alas, 130C is going to be the tricky part - most electronic herbal vaporizers with a temperature controller won't go that low in temp regulation.

I really think the Milaana is going to be your best bet - you can ride the temperatures from 50c all the way up to 250c or higher simply by holding the trigger button longer (you learn how to use your lips to "sense" the flow of vapor and the heat).

I'd say grab a used Milaana off the classifieds and see how that goes - yes it doesn't have temp regulation but it does use 18650 batteries.

If you want to use a precision temperature controller, you're going to need to look into a vaporizer like the Crafty, Mighty, Davinci iQ, Boundless CFX, etc. But none of these vapes have replaceable 18650 batteries.

Joaon

Like @invertedisdead said, I would recommend The Project : Click Here
It's a convection atomizer that you can use on any TC E-cig box !
I just tried it at 130°c (for the science, yeah.. :science:), and it definitively works,
there is some wispy vapor, full of flavors :luv:
Incrementing temperature, you can feel and see denser vapor :cool:
220°c was definitively too high, I was close to combust; but héh I'm still learning to set/use it!

I use it myself with other medicinal herbs, like lavender, St. John's Wort, Camomille..
:tup:

:ninja::peace:

Last edited:

shredder

I think the firewood 4 might work for you. But I have no direct experience, other than reading the firewood thread in the portables section.

shredder,

StonerSloth

cui bono?
The FW4 would probably meet all of your criteria, but it doesn't have exact temperature control, just four temperature settings (note the four levels can all be 'boosted' from factory settings but not reduced) so idk about the low-temp settings you need... But I do have one and it is pretty great.

The Swift Pro and Boundless CFV are full-convection with 1-degree temperature increments, but they have built-in batteries and they don't last very long at all. There is talk of Boundless releasing a gen2 of their vapes with replaceable batteries - but maybe that is just wishful thinking.

As others have said - a manual unit like Milaana or Mist Vape Touch would work but you'd need to pay attention to throttling the heat. Zion - if only.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
MistVape Touch is perfect for all temperature ranges. Can get the best tasting hits and also big robust ones. Plus the stems are 14mm, which means this unit is perfect for micro dosing. And you can get an assortment of stems from @mistvaporizer and @Alan. Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Crussell27,
Reactions: Alegre

Baron23

Grasshopper is convection and uses Li ion batteries but not 18650's and it also will not go to 130 C.

Not recommending the GH to anyone unless they are an experienced vaporizer hobbiest due to CS issues with Hopper Labs and some reliability concerns but they do warrant it for life and will send you new parts if (when) it fails.

In fairness, I have had mine for 8-9 months and it hasn't missed a beat yet. Still running strong.

Baron23,

hit&run

Hello again.

In the meantime ... has been a vape released which fulfill all these criteria?

• portable / changeable 18650 li-ion
  • fully convection
  • temperature control from at least 130°C

elykpeace

exVASted
Hello again.

In the meantime ... has been a vape released which fulfill all these criteria?

• portable / changeable 18650 li-ion
  • fully convection
  • temperature control from at least 130°C
Timber elite.

@Bravesst will hook you up and you won't look any further. Endgame portable imo and it checks all the boxes.

I use mine as low as 230° and get awesome terps, full convection and batteries can be charged in the vape or on a charger and swapped out easily. The DNA chip and full color screen are fully customized but are preset and ready to go and heat up is instant. Faster then a gh instant.

Check it out @hit&run

hit&run

Thanks!

I'm from Germany and the Timber Elite seems to be not available on market here.

Saw that the Boundless Tera may work.

Any other suggestions?

hit&run,

elykpeace

exVASted
The elite looks nice!!! How is the size for portability?
5 5/8 inch tall and 2 in wide. Fits nice in the hand. I know of a huge plastic clunker hybrid device that is HUGE like a first generation gameboy and everyone blabs on about it being such a great potable . Just sold my fw6 and kept the timber. Very portable device
I keep a tube loaded and I hit the fire button and enhale. Doesn't get easier

virtualpurple

Tubo or Tetra are my suggestions. I’ve not used the Tetra, but plenty of experience with the tubo. incredibly powerful, 100% convection, and swappable batteries. It’s a very reasonable form factor and hits like a full blown desktop.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: joner
Top Bottom