Pollen presses

shredder

Hey y'all, I'm looking at pollen presses. In the research the reviews have been all over, and it looks like a lot of presses are rebranded knockoff types.

Typical reviews note chips, burrs and metal shaving contamination. All negatives for sure. But can they be cleaned up easy? Or does galling continue with use?

I'd prefer stainless, but most important, ease of use for pre pressing buds for rosin pressing.

I think I want a T handle press, but Im keeping an open mind. So I'm also open to homemade pipe and dowel rigs.

Any advice?

shredder,

rodders83

Spacecase would of been the one i would of went for, Always wanted a black Ti pollen Space Case press. /cry

rodders83,
Reactions: shredder

herbivore21

Hey y'all, I'm looking at pollen presses. In the research the reviews have been all over, and it looks like a lot of presses are rebranded knockoff types.

Typical reviews note chips, burrs and metal shaving contamination. All negatives for sure. But can they be cleaned up easy? Or does galling continue with use?

I'd prefer stainless, but most important, ease of use for pre pressing buds for rosin pressing.

I think I want a T handle press, but Im keeping an open mind. So I'm also open to homemade pipe and dowel rigs.

Any advice?
What are you squishing with brother? I don't recommend pre-pressing with anything more than your hands generally. Given that you wanna use a pollen press, you obviously do not want to press large amounts of flower at a time. For small nugs up to 1g, just put on some clean gloves (nitrile is ideal) squish it tightly into a ball in your hands, as hard as you can. This pre-balled nug presses every bit as good as a pre-pucked nug did in pollen presses, back before I stopped using them due to burrs etc. :peace:

It is also a lot quicker to do than using a pollen press!

shredder

What are you squishing with brother? I don't recommend pre-pressing with anything more than your hands generally. Given that you wanna use a pollen press, you obviously do not want to press large amounts of flower at a time. For small nugs up to 1g, just put on some clean gloves (nitrile is ideal) squish it tightly into a ball in your hands, as hard as you can. This pre-balled nug presses every bit as good as a pre-pucked nug did in pollen presses, back before I stopped using them due to burrs etc. :peace:

It is also a lot quicker to do than using a pollen press!

Actually I want to get away from pressing single buds. That is what I do now, but I'm upgrading to a bigger press. But it will still be mostly buds I will be pressing.

My plates are 5x3. And I have a 20 ton press on backorder. Perhaps id be better off with a mold type pre press.

I envision pressing 3-5 ounces about 4 times per year (quarterly harvest). I'm a grower/caregiver with a small handful of patients.

shredder,

herbivore21

Actually I want to get away from pressing single buds. That is what I do now, but I'm upgrading to a bigger press. But it will still be mostly buds I will be pressing.

My plates are 5x3. And I have a 20 ton press on backorder. Perhaps id be better off with a mold type pre press.

I envision pressing 3-5 ounces about 4 times per year (quarterly harvest). I'm a grower/caregiver with a small handful of patients.
Yup definitely need a mold type pre-press for larger plates like that. A pollen press is not going to let you puck much more than those single nug presses.

herbivore21,
Top Bottom