POLL: Your Flower Consumption

How far does a gram of flower go for you as a matter of course?

• Total voters

cvs8floz

I try to consume all the weed I grow within 4 months from harvest, I find the taste deteriorates after that and I don't want it anymore. This means I can splurge, always load big bowls, try to get through as much as possible. That normally works outs to 2g/night, medium roast through the Weedeater.

cvs8floz

There are also those who say that the older weed, the better it tastes, just like wine.
it may lose some power but nothing special.
That is really a matter of personal taste, I just prefer the taste of fresh bud especially with the blended/fruity/perfumy strains I grow-that initial smell/taste is often gone after a month or so and if you weren't there at the beginning, you missed it. Some strains hold up better and they always seem to deteriorate faster in summer than winter.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: arb

Shadooz

fruity/perfumy strains I grow-that initial smell/taste is often gone after a month or so and if you weren't there at the beginning, you missed it. Some strains hold up better and they always seem to deteriorate faster in summer than winter.
There are also those who say that the older weed, the better it tastes, just like wine.
it may lose some power but nothing special
Just like wine, every bottle can't last long, and the storage will do all. Summer or winter? That's because you store them wrong, like wine, stable cold temperature and no UV. The wine refregirator or a cave are the best. Some use freezer..
THC will lower but the taste change too, but the "fruity/perfumy" take over after couple months of curing only.
Fresh weed have quite all the same taste...

One year is the best, with some older than 3years old i have to be fast and take only needed, cause hours aerated can ruin it.
Like wine again, if you decant in carafe an old wine (+20years) you will ruin it...

Shadooz,

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Quite difficult to say at the moment, because I have almost no regular access to cannabis since 2 years now here after my only source got caught :cry:. I had about 15g over the last half year. But if I had regular acces I would swing into 1g a day on average.

Greenteam,
  • Sad

Gunky

I don't really count. I think it's something like 2 oz/month. 2 or 3 grams a day, I suppose. I sacrifice some of the high with this volume but it's great for joint inflammation so I just keep vaping...

Gunky,

cvs8floz

The wine refregirator or a cave are the best. Some use freezer..
I sure wish I had a deep cave handy! Does anyone here have experience with a wine refrigerator, never thought of that option and it would make sense. I recently started vacuum sealing to see if that preserves flavor better, but it hasn't been long enough to reach a verdict. Maybe store the vacuum sealed bags in the wine fridge? Don't want to freeze because the trichomes fall off, that's how you make kief.

cvs8floz,

ray_

I've had a Mighty for about a month now and have settled into 1 dosing cap per day in the evenings. At 0.15 grams/cap that would be about 1 gram per week. I want to keep my tolerance relatively low, which could be a bit of a challenge with the Mighty, but so far, so good.

Shadooz

@cvs8floz
I Got cold climate and cold place so never had to buy a wine cooler, it's not cheap...
But if you're rich, some can regulate temp and humidity, so u can even dry them in

To reduce thc degradation (to cbn) the best is -4C (24F). But it's for long long storage, and when it will defreeze u will have low time before the taste is gone.
Only "cellar maker" do that, for keeping a lot of different strain (and seeds).

bag is what i would change for you... only ceramic or glass sealed jar, no vacuum (oxygen is part of the process).

commercial grower just don't give a fuck and throw it directly to the market, and let the weed barely and badly (UV and temp) dried, during the short time before consumption.

Shadooz,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Usually a third of a gram per day, half a gram max (I mostly use Dynavaps and hardly start vaping before the very late evening).

Principal Guy

We vary greatly in usage of our favorite subject.
Thought I'd take a current sampling of users.
Please participate.
Fell in love with cannabis in college and dumped her for thirty years to raise a family and hold down a job. Retired and promptly rekindled my love affair with her and became a medical patient and have been a daily user ever since. No regrets!!!

Top Bottom