Police raided 2011 Cannabis Cup!! NL

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think this was a false positive IF the poster was telling the truth -

UPDATE: 10:25 A.M. PST This just in from David Holland, event counsel, via comments. "Chillax, all is good over there. I am one of the attorneys for High Times and this started over a misunderstanding about a permit application filed by the venue to host the event. Our US and Dutch lawyers have just finished reviewing them with the police there. No attendees have been arrested and attendees are no...t the targets of the police presence. Police are ensuring that all vendors are in compliance with the 500 gram limit under the Opium Law for licensed vendors at the venue. Only one vendor has been identified as potentially over the limit, but only slightly. In any event, the show will go on tomorrow and additionally, the Melweg will be opening at 2pm tomorrow to accomodate judges who do not wish to trek outside of Amsterdam so that they can avoid the lines and vote early. Further details will be posted on the High Times site later today."

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not completely accurate.

1 of the vendors was arrested for having 700grams of weed on/with him. They searched everyone (guests and vendors) & all marijuana that was found was confiscated from what I gather. Apparently it was forbidden to poses weed at the cup itself. I see some conflicting reports here so I can't be entirely sure but I did my best to cross reference different local news sites. Presumably they confiscated enough weed to fill half of a 140 liter garbage container, not even that much imo.

There were suppose to be at least two FC members there, perhaps we'll get some reports from them soon.

OhTheAgony,
Insane that they'd have the right to force every person in the auditorium to spread their cheeks and lift their sack. In America, police are only allowed you search you for weapons which might be a threat to their person, although this is regularly abused and misused to their own advantage.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
There are different circumstances under which the cops may be inclined to search someone, and there are a few different set of rules for different situations of how far they can go. In this case I think they were only allowed to do a superficial search of body & clothing (pockets). Anything one may have put in their buttocks or undies would probably have been save. But they aways ask people what they have on them before they do the actual search, & certainly in this case I think most people will give up the goods when asked. No point in holding on to it if you know you're gonna be searched. If they find something when you've said you don't have anything you basically given a false statement, which just means more troubles.

Still don't see the point of this though, but I tend to disagree with a lot of the things that are going on politically in our country atm. Time for new elections.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
OhTheAgony said:
Still don't see the point of this though, but I tend to disagree with a lot of the things that are going on politically in our country atm. Time for new elections.

I have a great new country called America you might be interested in.. :lol:

AGBeer,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
AGBeer said:
OhTheAgony said:

I have a great new country called America you might be interested in.. :lol:

America isn't any better. Obama bahama is causing havoc in California dispensaries.

Elluzion,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Obama is not doing enough to stop the nonsense, I agree. But all the shops around here are being shut down by the cities. You can't blame that on the feds.
:2c:

Stu,

Raf007

Retailer
OhTheAgony, yes Flskwat and I attended the cup, but only on monday.
We actually were on the Herborizer booth to give the team a little help and ...appreciate their vapes -during the all afternoon. Special afternoon under the sign of some kusher kush generously offer by DNA Gen. .:D
Back to the topic, I haven't heard much except what the herbo team wrote on their facebook page. They were searched and released. I guess they will be happy to respond to any questions if you go ask on the herborizer facebook fan page..

Raf007,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes I was at the cup, but only in the fair on Monday, all day!
Yes someone came to the booth where we were helping friends and requested us to stop proposing vapor hits to the guests , as the Popo was about to raid the fair...Tey never came that day! ;)

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you weren't there at the time of the raid & enjoyed the Cup guys!

Still don't get the motivation for this raid though, what is a cannabis cup without cannabis?

OhTheAgony,

Raf007

Retailer
Well, I guess it's because laws are not meant to be understood but rather followed without any question...or bended for our own fool pleasure :)

Raf007,

eLiguL

I went to Melkeweg Max on Wednesday to see the concert but did not go to the expo on Borchland where the raid happened. I heard that the cops just raided the place and took everyones weed.

I went to the expo on Tuesday they were (Mila from the pollinator company) was making hash on stage and give it out, I mixed mine in a giant spliff we made. I also took a wispy vapor hit from the giant Greenhouse seeds balloon, I think it had way more helium than vapor.

eLiguL,
Top Bottom