Pocket Panda by Phat Panda

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Not entirely sure how new this device is, my bro @invertedisdead shared the link with me a few weeks back. Looks like it could be a great little device for on the go concentrate use with 3 different "brains" to function, single coil, dual coil, and coil-less atomizers. Pen form factor for superb stealth! I love the micro USB plugin, so you can use it like a pass-through while it's charging.

I ordered the pocket panda direct from the website on Wednesday requesting Priority Mail Shipping (upgrade option from First Class), received an email on Thursday stating that it had shipped. No tracking updates until this morning (Saturday) and I see they shipped my device First Class mail. Yeah I'll be rectifying that, it's bad enough they create labels and mark orders shipped, days before they actually ship. We see this a lot in the online marketplace. Companies are quick to create the illusion to the customer how fast they are at getting to your order. It's just bringing the orders (or maybe just fulfilling them?) to the post office that's the bottleneck.

Either way I am stoked to get the pocket panda, and I am mostly curious about the coil-less "brains" (atomizer). Tracking shows I'll get it on Tuedsday, I should have received it today with my priority mail upgrade purchase, so I apologize if I am late to get you guys info, blame Phat Panda :rofl:

Here is the link to the device, if you are inclined to purchase it like I did -

http://www.phatpandastore.com/pocketpanda

Single Coil "Brains" (Quartz)

Dual coil "Brains" (Quartz)

Coil-less "Brains" (Quartz/Ceramic)

Lets hope this device makes up for their shipping mistake. More to come!

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Their website says "Phat Panda brings you the Pocket Panda, the best Panda experience on the go. Being a Panda has never been easier."

pXUafAI.jpg

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
When I saw @psychonaut post info about the Phat Panda I emailed their support to request a single coil-less brain, a mouthpiece and the P-tank Survival Kit. I didn't want to waste money on the whole package with the battery knowing I would rather try and TC it. Their support responded within 24 hours and although their responses were short and did not always answer all of my questions, they always were polite and to the point and within a couple days and 4 or 5 emails I had a Paypal invoice for $34 for the 3 items I requested. I was invoiced and paid on Friday or Saturday and told it would ship on Monday. I asked for tracking on Thursday and got a response within several hours just letting me know I would get the tracking later. Eventually I did get an email with the tracking but I had gotten home and found the package in my mailbox by that time. Everything I had requested was included.

The mouthpiece is unique. Its much heavier and thicker than the Puffco Plus and the internal airflow/dabber/splash guard part is metal so the mouthpiece is all one piece and can be soaked in ISO and easily cleaned. This is similar to the Puffco Plus mouthpiece in function, however the dabber is slighlty shorter but its a big plus not having silicone in the mouthpiece (the Puffco Plus dabber tool is a ceramic insert with a silicone gasket that creates the same venturi air flow function). The inside diameter or inside bore of the mouthpiece is also bigger on the Phat Panda mouthpiece. Overall I like the Phat Panda mouthpiece more.

As for the coil less brain. Its also very similar to the Puffco Plus but also very different. The similarities are the atomizer casing and some of the internals. Both of these atomizers have a stainless steel mesh in the walls with a lead wire going to them. Other than that they are quite different. The Phat Panda coil less brain has a glass crucible with a ceramic plate heater. It gets quite a bit more airflow as you can see a bunch of airflow inlets on the bottomside of the atomizer. I dont recall seeing those on the Puffco Plus. The air inlets for the crucible are quite a bit higher to allowing for larger hits. I don't care for the taste of hot stone and I find this atomizer has a rather strong taste of it, even when completely saturated. I tried it out on 5 watts and then moved up to 8 watts. I never got into TC mode because I really didn't care to load anymore product in it. For me, this one was a bust and I am glad I did not spend much money on it.

The P-tank survival kit is neat. Its a ceramic cylinder heater. The chimney comes of with the mouthpiece like on the amigo V9 carts but it also looks kinda cheaply made. For $10 with a loading syringe its not a bad deal but I am not sure when I will actually use it.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I got mine yesterday, took a bunch of pictures (it looks nice!), decided I was going to try it out first thing in the morning when I am at work away from my rig. I brought the pocket panda to work instead of my crafty and loaded up a normal sized dab in the coilless brains. First thing I noticed, I am not able to change the temperature on the battery. 4 clicks of the button after it has been turned on does nothing. The stealth mode of 2 slicks within 1.5 seconds (holding the button on the 2nd click) to fire w/o the LED's lighting, also does not work.

The vapor production was whispy and the flavor was really off, burnt tasting. A nice little patch on the ceramic dish showing where it did vaporize the oil but it seems the oil is getting under the dish and no longer being effectively vaporized.

I decided to hook up the dual coil brains, same sized dab. A little more vapor than the coilless, worse bad flavor. Dab seems to also melt down to an area that can no longer be vaporized effectively. My amigo distillate pens produce 10x the vapor density.

Unfortunately for me this one was also a bust. I am going to see whats up with the battery but I think I'll stop using the atomizers and mouthpiece.

Anyway, I dont see a need to post any pictures, I suggest vapors look elsewhere for portable rosin devices.

EDIT: Update, I did receive a refund for the difference I paid for priority shipping and the first class shipping I received. Thumbs up there at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom