Pinnacle Pro Tip

cobra505

Defined
Does anyone have any experience getting the tip off of a Pinnacle Pro? It's broke flush with the cap. Thanks in advance. Cobra505.

cobra505,

VAPEHUNTER

Off the top of my head I would say warm it up first then remove it but I'm thinking about the mouthpiece. Are you considering the "tip" as the part the mouthpiece connects to?
Maybe a pic would help.

EDIT↓

Below is a very informative "step by step", put together by @GeekVape on changing out the cracked top of the Pinnacle Pro.
If you take it one step at a time it's really not that difficult.
Good luck!:tup:

PNP DIY "top" piece replacement.

Things you will need...
A phillips 00 screwdriver (jewellers screwdrivers should do).
A couple of plastic parting tools, or a couple of small flat bladed screwdrivers will do if you are careful.
A new top piece.
Patience!
WxtyIOC.jpg

Gently prise out the lens covering the switch and leds using the parting tool or a small flat bladed screwdriver...
ODrcBES.jpg

You should now have this...
oN8VNll.jpg

Now the tricky part. I found this awkward, as I didn't have enough hands, so I asked my girlfriend to assist. In the photo below you can see me pointing to a recessed tab. There are 2 of these either side of the PNP. You need to depress both at the same time while holding the PNP and pulling the innards out through the top. I used the 2 parting tools for this, as I didn't want to mark the unit, but if you are careful you can use 2 small flat bladed screwdrivers. My girlfriend held the PNP and pulled at the top piece while I depressed both tabs.
YamGPkJ.jpg

The innards are now free to remove from the shell...
BMqgc5Z.jpg

This is what the guts look like...
SW6S5cV.jpg

Gently lift up the plastic top section and pull it away from the pcb and battery so that you can access the 3 screws on the bottom which secure the "top" piece to the plastic base (the heating chamber). You will need the phillips 00 screwdriver or a very small phillips jewellers screwdriver to remove the screws...
tyT5e0A.jpg

The "top" piece removed from the heating chamber...
jB9fcrj.jpg

Screw the new "top" piece back on...
ghZOTbP.jpg

This is how it should look when fully screwed home...
h5sBQ77.jpg

Clip the top plastic section back on to the pcb and insert back into the plastic shell, make sure the tabs relocate in the holes in the shell...
hBClpN3.jpg

Replace the lens, it should easily snap back into place.
lSWjGpt.jpg

That's it, you are done!

Hope this helps you out.:cheers:

VAPEHUNTER,

cobra505

Defined
Im sorry maybe I didn't state the question correctly the tip is broken that is part of the mouth piece. Not anything to do with the base of the unit it self.

cobra505,

VAPEHUNTER

Oh, gotcha. You can try hot water and some type of dental pick.
I rarely used the mouthpiece of my PP, always preferred the glass lined water piece adapter or Pong.
If you get really desperate you can heat up a paper clip and "melt" it into the broken piece let it cool and try to remove it then....hope that's not to confusing.
Anyway good luck and whatever you do don't use any ISO alcohol.:tup:

VAPEHUNTER,

cobra505

Defined
Ya, that's what I figured. Got it soaking now, probably overnight. Thanks for the advice. Good tutorial thought.

VAPEHUNTER

Cool man. Well worst case scenario if the pinnacle pro doesn't make it you can always look into butane powered vapes:brow::lol::cool: I kid I kid.
Sorry brotha just Bustin chops:cheers:

VAPEHUNTER,

cobra505

Defined
Na, I'm trying to convert my sister-in-law to a vape and I was going to let her borrow it thats why I purchased the new tips would really like to get it working again. I'll figure it out.

cobra505,

cobra505

Defined
No, got the old tip out. Weird solution. Used a screw. Just screwed it in a bit in the top and pulled with a pair of pliers came right out.

cobra505,
Top Bottom