Pillbox-Vaporizer (Stunner, TA or similar inspired)

P3tz

Good day everyone.
I could not find anything like this here (please correct me if I'm wrong). And seeing the TA-thread getting so much love lately I just have to start this...
It's going to be about an idea that has been out there for quite some while: The Pillbox-Vape
The basic concept is to take a (titanium-) pillbox and turn it into a portable, torch-powered ball-vape. I have played around with this idea for a some time and this is what my (favorite) result looks like:
It's made out of an 14/18 male titanium nail, 1,5 Pillbox layers (one for the cap and a cut one for the bowl), some o-rings (the white one is for better handling only), 72 (?) 3mm sic-balls and three screens (a standart 15mm sieve, a solid bent ss screen and a greendream-pod lid, I think). The final vape is almost entirely titanium and the vapor-path is completely 'clean' as the o-rings (holding the parts together) are on the outside.

Putting this together is pretty simple. The only tools needed are a drill, a tube-cutter and some fine files.

The bowl is on the smaller side (~0.1g). I use a middle sized torch to heat it up for ~30sec to one-hit it through a water-piece. It works great with a nice even avb. The lower part gets warm but not hot while using it like this (and the white o-ring protects from slipping to hotter areas).

I might try to upload a function video later (...technical difficulties for now).

I think this is a really nice and easy DIY-project and I am curious to see if other members also tried something like this.

NinneDDu

I'm interested in understanding in more detail how you built it and how it works, it seems like a brilliant idea, I have a 14/18 titanium nail that I haven't used for at least 5 years, it's a great way to recycle it

NinneDDu,
Reactions: P3tz

P3tz

I'm happy to see all the likes this thread got and of course I'm willing to share a more detailed explanation of the work I did, but that might take me a moment...

NinneDDu

:):)I'm happy to see all the likes this thread got and of course I'm willing to share a more detailed explanation of the work I did, but that might take me a moment...
Take your time, I'm not in a hurry. it's perfect in the meantime that I'm waiting for the tempest to come out.

NinneDDu,
Top Bottom