Pebble - SS Herb Grinder

nicknobody

The only requirement I have is that the material better end up in the well. I am not taking time to poke anything through and make a mess

Pinehurst

For the record I often do as well, and I still think that's too small, to be comfortable, and would require too much reloading and re grinding even during one session potentially
I don't want a grinder that can grind more, I just it larger. Completely different ask

Pinehurst,
Reactions: RToy

badbee

I like the smooth clean lines, I've never really liked the BCG's shape (it seems unnecessarily bulky). Maybe put out a video showing how easy it is to turn. If the teeth cut really well maybe a little palm pressure is all that is required and grip strength won't be a factor?

badbee,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't want a grinder that can grind more, I just it larger. Completely different ask

Yeah I think they go together though I wouldn't say it's completely different, making it larger without making the inside larger seems like an odd idea, like a super chunky Phoenician grinder on the outside but the inside is somehow much smaller?? Old Mate added a bunch of notches and such on the outside to help with grip based on feedback

Pinehurst

Yeah I think they go together though I wouldn't say it's completely different, making it larger without making the inside larger seems like an odd idea, like a super chunky Phoenician grinder on the outside but the inside is somehow much smaller?? Old Mate added a bunch of notches and such on the outside to help with grip based on feedback
Just found the Old Mate. The Grippy boys is 1,000% the answer

Pinehurst,
Reactions: Cheebsy

kendon

We have uploaded a video on the product page that shows how easy it is to operate.
Not trying to be rude, but: no you didn't, that video merely shows how it is opened and closed. It is not turned at all in that video, let alone with material in it.

That being said, the grinder looks quite interesting, and the price is very appealing. While I don't consider myself old yet I am beginning to develop an arthrosis in my hand, which could become trouble for grinding if it gets worse, therefore I would also be interested in a larger version.

Are you planning to get some European distributors on board? While in general possible I am not too fond of dealing with international shipping, and especially not the hassle of picking up weed-related stuff at the customs office...

kendon,
Reactions: UhuM

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20230824-085327.png

The design of the teeth does look pretty nice and effective, but nothing particularly innovative? They are similar to others, for the size and the price, I'm not sure what is so special about this, but it looks pretty...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I dunno, seems like a nice piece of SS kit for the price. There are always things that could be improved, but options are good. We don’t want a stratified market where all offerings are basically the same.
Agreed but also I don't think SS as a feature alone makes a good grinder. I feel like people in our community decide some material is better at the expense of all other features.

Although looking at this site, I assumed this is an attempt to cache in on the fancy stoner lifestyle trend. It's also odd to me that the price ($99) is hidden until you add it to the cart.

Anyway hope someone buys it and lets us know.

Pebble

Accessory Maker
I'm curious how you determined that reality? As in my experience, my perspective, seems that most people would actually prefer 2.5 inches minimum (often new companies start with a smaller size too because it is also cheaper to produce... then those sales can help fund production of a larger version as customers seem to demand it) so I think ultimately 2 inches is considered quite small
We ran a survey with hundreds of people answering. Roughly 60% of the people want 2" diameter grinders, and 40% of the people want 3" diameter grinders. It's just a choice we had to make on what to start with. We know some of you are interested in larger versions, which is why it's currently in the works. We got you.

Not trying to be rude, but: no you didn't, that video merely shows how it is opened and closed. It is not turned at all in that video, let alone with material in it.

That being said, the grinder looks quite interesting, and the price is very appealing. While I don't consider myself old yet I am beginning to develop an arthrosis in my hand, which could become trouble for grinding if it gets worse, therefore I would also be interested in a larger version.

Are you planning to get some European distributors on board? While in general possible I am not too fond of dealing with international shipping, and especially not the hassle of picking up weed-related stuff at the customs office...
We will consider adding a video with material in it. We currently only sell directly to customers. In the future we may consider selling via retailers. We ship in discrete, plain brown box that doesn't say anything weed related on it.

Any chance of showing it with material inside? My premium grinders don't slow down when grinding vs others which jam up or really slow down as they get dirty.

I'm curious about the teeth placement. What made you land on this design?
Yeah, same here. With other very nice options available, maybe the biggest factor in the success of this product is the quality and ease of grind.
The design of the teeth appears simple but it is essentially a complex optimization problem where you have to consider many functions and parameters. Functions include ease of grind, grind consistency and size, ease of opening/closing, self cleaning, discharge speed of ground material, and more. Optimization parameters include tooth layout, shape, distance between each tooth (radial, circumferential, min distance between teeth on the same plate, etc.) etc.

kendon

We ship in discrete, plain brown box that doesn't say anything weed related on it.
While that is good to know that doesn't help with customs at all. The officers know their stuff, and don't like it when you try to bullshit them. In the end a grinder is nothing illegal, so technically they can't do anything, but I try to avoid these situations, esp. because the customs office is across the street from the main police station of the next bigger city...
But, being in Germany, that problem will hopefully solve itself in the foreseeable future (legalization is ongoing). I will just patiently wait for the large version :)

kendon,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
The design of the teeth appears simple but it is essentially a complex optimization problem where you have to consider many functions and parameters. Functions include ease of grind, grind consistency and size, ease of opening/closing, self cleaning, discharge speed of ground material, and more. Optimization parameters include tooth layout, shape, distance between each tooth (radial, circumferential, min distance between teeth on the same plate, etc.) etc.
Right. That's nice and all... But how does it grind compared to the competition? ;)

Photonic,

Shit Snacks

We ran a survey with hundreds of people answering. Roughly 60% of the people want 2" diameter grinders, and 40% of the people want 3" diameter grinders. It's just a choice we had to make on what to start with. We know some of you are interested in larger versions, which is why it's currently in the works. We got you.

Yeah so I guess I'm still curious where that survey was run, since it seems like no one here had heard of it, we weren't surveyed... Knowing nothing about those hundreds of people, if that is exactly true, I mean the integrity of the survey lol point being if the option was between 2 inches and 3 inches then I think even more so 2.5 would have been the perfect size to make everyone happy enough and reach the widest market off the bat (I think three is too big and two is too small personally lol)

We will consider adding a video with material in it. We currently only sell directly to customers. In the future we may consider selling via retailers. We ship in discrete, plain brown box that doesn't say anything weed related on it.

I'm sure once someone here has one they will share photos at least, you might not want to do free review units, but some sort of further discount might appeal to some members here? Not sure what else you're doing for promotion of course

That sounds good, and makes sense, yeah there's a lot to consider, and like I said the teeth do seem like an effective design based on my experience with a wide variety of different grinders now...

I do really like the style, not sure how easy it would be for me to grind with, smaller can be easier to grip in some ways too... I don't need another grinder now though and could not justify the cost personally, but looking forward to user reports!

gangababa

... We don’t want a stratified market where all offerings are basically the same.
It sounds like where I live. Not speaking only of cannabis and lifestyle paraphernalia. No! For all things, all of a type are all the same; mops, buckets, alfajores, everything plastic from China. And don't try to find the same or similar when you want more, cups, glasses, cereals ...

gangababa,
Reactions: cosimo
I am following this grinder since the last thread posted. Honestly, you can't get a stainless and threadless grinder for this price elsewhere, but the free shipping and 10% off makes it a no brainer... just made me order one...

Last edited:
Blighted_Cliff_Racer,
Reactions: Photonic

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So, it looks like something very similar to a BCG (but with no grippy angles at all on the outside), and with SCS style teeth.
I really need to see the grind and the result of the grind as well.

zeusjames

if the option was between 2 inches and 3 inches then I think even more so 2.5 would have been the perfect size to make everyone happy enough and reach the widest market off the bat (I think three is too big and two is too small personally lol)

I won't consider anything 2 inches or smaller if I want to add another grinder. I have a two 2 inch and a large BCG. I only use the large BCG. It's not just because larger is easier to turn but I also like the larger size because it is easier to fill. If they come up with a larger ss grinder I'll add it to my wish list.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I am following this grinder since the last thread posted. Honestly, you can't get a stainless and threadless grinder for this price elsewhere, but the free shipping and 10% off makes it a no brainer... just made me order one...
This is a sock-puppet account for @Pebble unfortunately so both accounts are now permabanned. It's a shame when commercial accounts resort to this type of dishonesty and we will have no part of it on FC.

Caveat emptor.

:peace:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
This is a sock-puppet account for @Pebble unfortunately so both accounts are now permabanned. It's a shame when commercial accounts resort to this type of dishonesty and we will have no part of it on FC.

Caveat emptor.

:peace:
Lmfao. Seeya, woun't wanna be ya!
Wonder if their survey was of sock puppets too- would explain the results.

Top Bottom