packing a PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostBoy

Hi all
Never had a vape before, and just picked up a PD. Wondering though if I am packing it/pulling from it right? I grind first and then either inhale on it like a straw or pack it in with fingers. The thing is, when I try pulling on it, it is really difficult to pull - almost like when your using a pipe and the stem is pretty-much clogged.

Does this mean that Im putting in too much or in too tight? I am able to get vape to come out, but have no clue how hard it should be to pull. Please help! =)

GB

GhostBoy,

Beezleb

Generally speaking you do not want to pack the bowl tight. You want it light so the can get through. Draw slow.

Beezleb,

greenganja

As long as your herb is dry and finely ground and the bowl is not packed to tight and you use a nice slow steady draw you should be able to achieve good hits using the PD. :peace:

greenganja,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That is a similiar draw to what I get, and I pack my bowls relatively tight. :p

Just keep milking away dude and you'll get the hang of it. The technique for the PD is rather unique, but once mastered it becomes rather intuitive and second nature. :2c:

SpiralArchitect,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I've got dry finely ground stuff. I suck it up into the stem as hard as I can, then scrape off any excess and press my finger over the end. I put the stem into the PD and let it warm up for about 30sec. I breathe in as slowly and gently as I can, takes about 15-20sec. Don't rush it, it's not like smoking.

hazy,

max

Out to lunch
when I try pulling on it, it is really difficult to pull - almost like when your using a pipe and the stem is pretty-much clogged.
There are variables-how fine the herb is ground, how tightly the bowl is packed, and how you draw. If it's packed with fine ground, you do have to give it some hard puffs at some point to make sure you're getting it all vaped, but you can also take in outside air when you draw, to provide a more normal air intake. It does affect the hit, of course, but it's an option that I often use.

You'll also find that you don't always have to pack the bowl tightly to secure the load. It depends on the consistency and dryness of your herb. After loading a fairly loosely loaded bowl, you can tap it lightly a couple of times to see if the load is secure. The first hit will also help to seal it in the bowl. It's a learning process. You'll get the hang of it and discover the different ways you can load and hit. It all comes down to personal preference in the end.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
If it falls in, you can just shake it out, there is no issue with that. You just need to get used to the resistance on the PD, once you do, it is smoooooooth sailing

stonemonkey55,

HoneyAir

I start the first stem close to horizontal, once that is done and cools again its 'glued' into place and you can have it upright and it most likely won't leak into the PD.

The tough draw-- that is the purpose of the PD in getting the most efficiency, ensuring that every part gets heated.

You are most correct in trying to figure the best way to get comfortable with the draw... I had to learn in my own way as well.

I find it inhales much better when hot... so you can leave the stem in for 15 seconds before starting. Sometimes I rotate the stem and there does seem to be a side that draws better than the other, and then I keep it there ... the more experience you have with it the easier it is.

HoneyAir,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom