Oops? DrugFree.org Ad Accidentally Acknowledges the Harm of Fear-Mongering

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Oops? DrugFree.org Ad Accidentally Acknowledges the Harm of Fear-Mongering

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-vi...1086383.cxUWum&rd=1&src=newsletter694348&t=15

The Partnership at DrugFree.org has been putting out outrageous anti-drug propaganda for many years, but this latest spot takes us in a really strange direction…

// Partnership at Drugfree.org 'Driveway' from Leo Burnett NY on Vimeo.

This thing goes into overdrive instantly, and for a second I thought they were seriously suggesting smashing up your kids' stuff to keep them off drugs (unfortunately, it's only a short trip from the typical nuttiness one can expect from anti-drug zealots like these). But the conclusion reveals a more nuanced message, encouraging parents not to break their kids' crap with a bat, but rather to seek help from sources like DrugFree.org if you think your child is involved with drugs.

Now I would never recommend that anyone get drug information from DrugFree.org, as you could write several books on what those people don’t know about drugs (those books already exist, in fact), but I suppose I'd have to agree with the ad's central message that going apeshit with an aluminum baseball bat in your own driveway is a bad plan.

I find it amusing, however, that parents are now being warned not to overreact to their kids' drug use by the very same organization that's spend many years and many millions to convince parents to be scared senseless at the thought of their kids doing drugs. Parental panic is a product of the hysteria that's been spread by these very same people, and it's the height of irony that they now dramatize this legacy of confusion and fear in a peculiar attempt at self-promotion. I have a feeling it won't work so well.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
that's disturbing, prolly what they're finding after brain-washing people for so long (they see things wrong).

My wife says she divorced me because she only saw me smoking pot, and that was why i was broken, her television made her sure of it. (couldn't have anything to do with the no sex or kissing for six years, noooo)

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I could believe the drug companies funding it, but I could have sworn I saw an ad against prescription drug abuse. I could also believe tobacco maybe funding it too, if I wasn't sure they are against that too. Th

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
"MedicatedVet1911" wrote:
"Big Pharma , The major booze lobbies and conservative lobbies are the people who fund the drug free adverts and such. "

And lest we forget...

Law Enforcement Organizations
(Not all are cool like "LEAP", etc.)

For-Profit Prison(s) Industries,
For-Profit Prison Corrections Personnel,
and all their lobbying org's.

Urinalysis Testing(U.A.): Education, servicing, stocking, advertising...
"Can you imagine the un-told billions($) we're talking about here..."
The "USA": "The 'Free'-Worlds Leading Incarcerate-or!"(sic)

Not to mention: corruption of individuals, and the offices they hold,
up and down the food chain...
Heard this one...
"Plead guilty, and go to "Rehab"?
ie., "The Courts, Judiciary, LEO, and...those we falsely & wrongly voted to govern us."

It, without a doubt, is one of the most corrupting influences, this side of the "War on Drugs".

And we "scratch our heads" and wonder why the "Right" is fighting to keep it all "Illegal"?

It is called "The Status Quo" for a reason, "id-jets"!

Billions, and Billions, of Dollars(primarily)...
C'mon folks, are you honestly going to plead ignorance?

We are going to see a watershed change, only,
when those that have a vested interest,
have "Feathered" their beds,
or have got a pretty good handle on the "feather market".

And the 'Beast':
Lobbying Organization(s) for 'ALL' of the above(and more!).

Anyhoo, rant over...

N-E-X-T...

"Pssst...",

"Hey, you there...",

"Let's start with the Lawyers...".

Jus' say'n...

survyvr,
Reactions: Vicki

Poochka

"We focused on THC, I was actually thinking the same thing, but the problem is that research on it is only very recent/ongoing. It's one of those things that they just knew worked amazingly without getting you high and were able to isolate and have patients try. The problem is that a lot of this research isn't done here (mostly, it's being done in Germany, where it's legal). Their research programs got an amazing and enviable head start, since their government allowed it in '94 and they've had a lot of time to make it an official business to research it. Other European countries are really getting into the game quickly, too and their governments support the research, but the problem with doing it here is that, since it's a schedule-1 it's pretty much impossible to get a grant and say it's for medical research of something deemed to be dangerous and to have "no medical use whatsoever". Even state laws for medical pot technically ignore that, but the problem is that in order for research to even be legal, let alone accepted as valid and be published, there's TONS of hidden costs and subsidies/grants from the federal government and pharmaceutical companies are the only way to pay the bill to even start a study. Feds and Pharmaceuticals are perfectly happy keeping the Schedule-1 label and denying any grants for research and dispensaries just don't make enough $$." DY

from another forum

Poochka,
Reactions: Vicki

djonkoman

I could believe the drug companies funding it, but I could have sworn I saw an ad against prescription drug abuse. I could also believe tobacco maybe funding it too, if I wasn't sure they are against that too. Th
they could still profit from it, forbidden fruit etc, gives junkies the idea they could also just use legal drugs in case they never thought about it, and meanwhile nothing has changed about it legality and how easy it is to get(I guess)

djonkoman,
Top Bottom