One of the most inspiring things I have ever seen....

lwien

One year ago, this girl, then 15yrs old, was shot in the head and neck at point blank range by the Taliban in Pakistan. She was shot in the head and neck for only one reason and that reason is because she was outspoken about her desire that all girls should have education available to them.

She was unresponsive for 3 days in the hospital. Point blank range in the head and the neck, suffering brain damage, and yet, here she is, on her 16th birthday, delivering a speech at the UN in a manner that trained orators and politicians who have been at this speech game for decades could not even begin to approach. How can someone at this age, suffering these kinds of injuries, left side of her face still partially paralyzed, deliver something like this in such a professional manner? The only answer that I can come up with is..........conviction.

We have a future head of state in the making.

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
One year ago, this girl, then 15yrs old, was shot in the head and neck at point blank range by the Taliban in Pakistan. She was shot in the head and neck for only one reason and that reason is because she was outspoken about her desire that all girls should have education available to them.

She was unresponsive for 3 days in the hospital. Point blank range in the head and the neck, suffering brain damage, and yet, here she is, on her 16th birthday, delivering a speech at the UN in a manner that trained orators and politicians who have been at this speech game for decades could not even begin to approach. How can someone at this age, suffering these kinds of injuries, left side of her face still partially paralyzed, deliver something like this in such a professional manner? The only answer that I can come up with is..........conviction.

We have a future head of state in the making.

Fuck lwien I'm 6 minutes in, and crying like a new born baby. :cry:
This girl is so young, and has experienced far more struggles than I have In my 22 years of living.
Power to the voice! :mental:

lwien

Here's a vid of her before she was attacked, when she was just 14 yrs. old, as well as an explanation of how and why she was attacked.

It's not often that a 14 year old girl can redefine the word courage in such a meaningful way and whose only intent is to help others.

Top Bottom